London 2012 Olympics Tickets

I am sure there are legitimate, INTERNAL reasons for those variances that are NOT relevant to outsiders. It's just an internal coding system...and probably has to do with sponsors' share of tickets and LOCOG's pool of discretionary comp seats--which seats they can give away...fulfilling IOC-written sponsor obligations.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like they're changing the resale system. They'll buy back tickets people don't want over a period, then only after that will they sell them onto buyers.

i guess that why both accounts i have none of the tickets i can resell yet just says resale currently unavailable.

Do we know if they are extending the date to do it? was due to end 6 Feb

Has anyone on here resold tickets yet?

I just don't get this. Vancouver used ticketmaster (if I am not mistaken). Ticketmaster should be able to deal with this, they did a good job for Vancouver.

I imagine they didn't have to cope with anywhere near the demand for Vancouver, than they are having to for London. Not an excuse, they should still have been fully prepared.

Was the demand the problem though? I'm not sure. I still think the problem with the resale was the fundamentals of the system. Few tickets, lots of people wanting them, no way to "reserve" tickets as yours once they were in the basket. :rolleyes:

Vancouver cannot possibly have had the same system as this, it's fundamentally wrong.

Which does beg the question, as Faster said, why didn't Ticketmaster use whatever system they used for Vancouver for the resales?

Was the demand the problem though? I'm not sure. I still think the problem with the resale was the fundamentals of the system. Few tickets, lots of people wanting them, no way to "reserve" tickets as yours once they were in the basket. :rolleyes:

Vancouver cannot possibly have had the same system as this, it's fundamentally wrong.

Which does beg the question, as Faster said, why didn't Ticketmaster use whatever system they used for Vancouver for the resales?

No the system in Vancouver was not the same... Tickets to be sold were proposed as a specific entity for each ticket holders, and not put in common in a general basket !

And they were put on hold the time you finish your order.... someone else was not able to buy them during this time...

So nothing to deal with the previous London system !

I think one of the reasons was because LOCOG won't allow resale at a higher value. Vancouver's system had tickets listed for resale and the saler could determine the price.

It's ilegal in Europe to sale at higher value...

But this is not te reason why they are not using the same sytem. It would have been easy to reuse this system with a fixed face value ...

LOCOG ticket website is up...

But only for resale... Locog will buy back all tickets... And the tickets would be proposed to new buyers only in April

http://www.insidethegames.biz/olympics/summer-olympics/2012/15523-london-2012-ticket-resale-website-to-reopen

Be careful, some of the information regarding the sales have not been updated when you are going in the process... (this is still the old process that is presented !!!)

Here is the confirmation's mail :

Now you have submitted your selection of tickets for resale, your tickets will become void and will be removed from your account.

If you purchased these tickets using a Visa card, the total value of the tickets plus any delivery charges you are entitled to will be credited to your Visa card within 10-15 working days.

If you purchased these tickets using cheque or postal orders, we will write to you to explain the refund process.

Delivery fees will only be refunded if you have sold all of the tickets in your ticketing account and have no tickets remaining.

If you have no tickets remaining in your ticketing account, your delivery fee will be refunded.

If you have any questions regarding your ticket resale request please read our frequently asked questions. If you are unable to find the answer to your question please contact our Customer service team on 0844 847 2012.

This email is generated automatically, please do not reply.

Best wishes,

The London 2012 Ticketing team

London 2012 Olympics diary: ticketless will get priority in final ticket window, says Locog chief

London 2012 chief executive Paul Deighton has promised that disappointed Olympic ticket hunters will take priority when the final load of Olympic tickets go on sale in April.

Deighton told Telegraph Sport: "We are making the system so that people who have missed out on getting tickets in the public ballots will have a priority in the next sale."

Organisers are still to work out how to stagger the sales, but it could be that those that missed out in the ballot are notified hours in advance of any general notification when specific blocks of tickets go on sale.

However given that 700,000 applicants have still not been able to secure any ticket, the Ticketmaster website, which has been troubled coping with high demand surges, will have to be robust.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/jmagnay1/100023170/london-2012-olympics-ticketless-will-get-priority-in-final-ticket-window-says-locog-chief/

oly_1896782c.jpg

I've put a couple of sets of my tickets up for resale on the official site. One thing they don't seem to mention and that is when to expect payment. Does anyone know? I assumed it would be instant seeing that LOCOG said that they will buy back all tickets before selling them in April.

I've put a couple of sets of my tickets up for resale on the official site. One thing they don't seem to mention and that is when to expect payment. Does anyone know? I assumed it would be instant seeing that LOCOG said that they will buy back all tickets before selling them in April.

It was mentionned on the website that payment will be done in the following 2 weeks of the sale!

The money from my Paralympic resales landed in my account yesterday. I put mine up for sale on the first day of resales.

Theres more tickets on the Dertour site today, I just bagged some mens springboard semi's get em quick

How reliable is Dertour, I havent recieved a confirmation email, the tickets are still in my cart and still on the drop down menu. I printed off the confirmation you get after the payment details, but no email as yet

Theres more tickets on the Dertour site today, I just bagged some mens springboard semi's get em quick

How reliable is Dertour, I havent recieved a confirmation email, the tickets are still in my cart and still on the drop down menu. I printed off the confirmation you get after the payment details, but no email as yet

I browsed but didn't buy from Dertour on this occasion. I've heard that many others got their email confirmation within 24 hours, although some are still waiting. If your confirmation screen included a reference number, I'd suggest contacting them by phone or email if you haven't heard by, say, halfway through Friday. Alternatively (but a bit more public) you could contact them via their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/dertour.live.de - they seem to be quite responsive.

I received this email from LOCOG:

"Are your contact details correct?

As the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games draw closer, we are getting ready to allocate your seats and send out your tickets. To do this, we need to make sure the contact details we have for you are correct.

It may be several months since you purchased tickets. It's possible that your personal details have changed since then and you may not have let us know yet. We would like you to double check, so please login to your online ticketing account and select Update your profile from the My account page.

Please be aware that your name will appear on your tickets exactly as you have entered it in your profile. If you have entered your name incorrectly or have legally changed your name please contact the London 2012 Ticketing team.

For security purposes, your tickets will be delivered to the address you provide in your ticketing account. This address must match the billing address where your Visa card is registered.

Providing us with a mobile phone number will help us to contact you during the Games in the event of any changes to your session or tickets.

Please ensure you have submitted any updates to your account by 12 noon on 3 February 2012.

You will find out your seat locations in summer 2012 when your tickets will be sent to you via secure delivery. Please note these tickets will need to be signed for upon delivery.

Best wishes

The London 2012 Ticketing team "

Has anyone else received???

London 2012 will be my first Olympic experience!!

Best regards from Portugal!

I received this email from LOCOG:

"Are your contact details correct?

As the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games draw closer, we are getting ready to allocate your seats and send out your tickets. To do this, we need to make sure the contact details we have for you are correct.

It may be several months since you purchased tickets. It's possible that your personal details have changed since then and you may not have let us know yet. We would like you to double check, so please login to your online ticketing account and select Update your profile from the My account page.

Please be aware that your name will appear on your tickets exactly as you have entered it in your profile. If you have entered your name incorrectly or have legally changed your name please contact the London 2012 Ticketing team.

For security purposes, your tickets will be delivered to the address you provide in your ticketing account. This address must match the billing address where your Visa card is registered.

Providing us with a mobile phone number will help us to contact you during the Games in the event of any changes to your session or tickets.

Please ensure you have submitted any updates to your account by 12 noon on 3 February 2012.

You will find out your seat locations in summer 2012 when your tickets will be sent to you via secure delivery. Please note these tickets will need to be signed for upon delivery.

Best wishes

The London 2012 Ticketing team "

Has anyone else received???

London 2012 will be my first Olympic experience!!

Best regards from Portugal!

Yes, everyone with an account & tickets received it!

That's usual procedure...

Archived