London 2012 Olympics Tickets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Only just found this email in my junk re my Olympic tickets. It looks like they have to reallocate me due to sight lines / tech issues. I've just called them and it is genuine they're offering me athletics or swimming tickets instead which is a result!!!

Quote from email:-

The London 2012 Olympic Games are now just seven months away and our venue seating plans are being finalised. Reconciliation of ticket inventory and updates to the seating configuration at the Aquatics Centre mean we can now offer you a chance to exchange your tickets to Synchronised Swimming for tickets to one of the following sports you originally applied for in the initial Olympic ticket application phase:

Athletics

Swimming

Gymnastics – Artistic

Beach Volleyball

Basketball – Olympic Park

Basketball – North Greenwich Arena

Diving

Hockey

Anyone else had this email?

R

thank you 'faster' and 'fiveringfever'. i bought the taekwondo tickets. are they not high in demand because there was a huge selection of those? problem is i can't come to london before the 6th and the other events seemed sold out for the US. i was looking to buy either football, athletics or gymnastics.

Only just found this email in my junk re my Olympic tickets. It looks like they have to reallocate me due to sight lines / tech issues. I've just called them and it is genuine they're offering me athletics or swimming tickets instead which is a result!!!

Quote from email:-

The London 2012 Olympic Games are now just seven months away and our venue seating plans are being finalised. Reconciliation of ticket inventory and updates to the seating configuration at the Aquatics Centre mean we can now offer you a chance to exchange your tickets to Synchronised Swimming for tickets to one of the following sports you originally applied for in the initial Olympic ticket application phase:

Athletics

Swimming

Gymnastics – Artistic

Beach Volleyball

Basketball – Olympic Park

Basketball – North Greenwich Arena

Diving

Hockey

Anyone else had this email?

R

Data entry cock-up. They sold 20k synchro-swimming tickets rather than the 10k available! :blink:

I have decided to offload a ticket package I no longer need and thought i'd give everyone on here first refusal.

Tickets are for Hockey on 3rd August pm and Athletics tickets for the morning session. This is the sessions that will have Jess Ennis competing at the start of the heptathlon. There is also a hotel booked and paid for in Woodford that is just a few stops on the central line from Stratford. If anyone is interested just PM me. I am willing to let the whole package go for £300. This is under what I paid for it.

The resale of tickets starts tomorrow for those who want no longer require certain tickets to events. I am impressed with the organisers with the fact they have allowed people to sell the tickets in a fair way, that allows other people the chance to get tickets to the games. Although how many people will actually resell their ticket is hard to say. Would be good if Cosport offered a similar resale option.

There are gymnastics, hockey and beach volleyball at the mo. just need to find something for the daytime of 7th August.

Some £995 opening ceremony and £150 closings too. V tempted re the £150 tickets

It is a bit annoying. I think it shows tickets available even if theres only 1, but the limit on how many you can select allows you to pick more, so you think you can have 2, it goes through the whole process only to say they arnt available, as there is only 1. Keep at it, very tempted for the closing too but really want some diving or track cycling and Ive spent too much already!

Likewise I keep clearing my basket and trying to rebook these illusive tickets.

Btw some £50 athletics have just come on for men's 4x400m final

Does anyone know if you can sell on tickets to other people outside of the official channels. In other words, will they be checking proof of the name on the ticket outside each venue?

No, they won't be checking names - everyone arrives 10 mins beforehand and there is no time.

Yes it is legal to transfer at face value to friends and relatives

No, they won't be checking names - everyone arrives 10 mins beforehand and there is no time.

Yes it is legal to transfer at face value to friends and relatives

Thanks. I just want some reassurance that if I buy too many I can get the money back on those that I don't want. I may not have time to resell on the official site.

Archived