London 2012 Olympics Tickets

This is nothing new, but CoSport's website is a joke.

I came an hour late to the sale, but there's still quite a bit left. No athletics, swimming, or diving, but it looks like they did have some gymnastics and tennis at the beginning.

Plenty of availability in sports such as hockey, archery, judo, and weightlifting but mainly categories A & B.

I agree their website is so frustrating! I got in right at 12:00, grabbed the Football game we wanted, added to cart, that process ended, didn't see any error messages, went to check my cart and the game was not there! Went back to try again and of course the game was gone!! Almost threw the laptop out the window. By the time the list of events came back up, all the football games were gone. Eventually got a beach volleyball added to my cart and checked out right away, since you "only" get 45 minutes to check out. It took at least 10 minutes to complete that process. Pretty much everything is gone now, except weightlifting. What I don't understand is the London ticketing site still has plenty of Football tickets, and they've been on sale for over a week. Give the US more tickets!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CoSport's website is ridiculously awful. I've seen Class A minor league baseball teams with better sites, and certainly with less buggy ticket ordering interfaces. Very, very frustrating to use. I've complained to my contacts at the USOC time and again about CoSport since they came on the scene a few Olympics ago. The least they can do is put in a modern ticket ordering system and edit the English on their website so that it actually makes sense, but I'd be pretty happy to see them gone entirely. I hope someone over there at the USOC listens before 2014 & 2016. I recommend that all U.S. fans, and Canadian, Australian, Swedish, etc., complain to their respective OCs about this.

Anyway, I was able to cut through the fog today to order some good Tennis and Table Tennis tickets. Although I did lose some Diving tickets I really wanted on one of those agonizingly slow page load, click refresh, things. But, in the end, my group has now pretty much filled out our London Olympic program with an event a day (and often 2 or even 3) for everyone for the entire games. We have all the Athletics finals through our tour, and other tickets including some Tennis & Diving, and the Archery, Badminton, Trampoline, BMX, and Handball finals. All sourced various ways, but none of them at more than face value (plus, of course, the outrageous non-host country "official" markups allowed by the Olympic Committee).

All I need now are a couple of stray singles for the BMX finals and M Handball finals and we are completely set. Not bad for having started off by getting only 1 session of Badminton and 1 session of Wrestling in the original ordering phase.

Cosport is the #1 example that the Olympics are still full of corruption. It's bad enough they are allowed to have huge markups on tickets (something to keep in mind every time the Olympics claim they want to eliminate scalpers... they just want to eliminate the competition from their own scalpers.)

But if they are going to force us to go through a scalper to get tickets, can we at least get a competent scalper? Cosport is the most inept ticket seller on earth as far as I can tell. Their *job* is to run ticket sales. They can't do it. Other than making their buddy Sead Dizdarevic extremely rich, is there any reason Cosport gets to be the official ticket broker???

Grrr, in case it's not obvious, I'm even more frustrated with Cosport than usual. There were several tickets I wanted... though most could never be pulled up by the search engine. With 3 hours fighting their website, I managed to actually get tickets in my cart twice, but never was able to complete a transaction. I've fought their computers in past games, and in earliers rounds for London. But usually I came away with something. Today... zippo.

Al,

Don't forget the near-criminal exchange rate Cosport uses to jack up their margin far above what is officially allowed. And don't get me started on the fees.

Anyway, if you have the contact info for how to complain to at the USOC, I'd love to have it. I've hated Cosport since they showed up. Would love to know where to vent.

PS - If you happen to have ended up with an extra tennis ticket you don't want....

Dizdarevic is a piece of work, to be sure. It's amazing to me that the USOC and other OCs are still doing business with him, given his history. And it's even more amazing when you see how cheap and third-rate his company's whole set up is, really even for their much ballyhooed big corporate operator customers (we had some of them in our little hotel in Beiing, undoubtedly paying a lot more than we were, and they were not happy!). But I guess he must give the OCs the most bang for the bucks (or, more precisely, the most bucks for their bang), and we all know that that counts for pretty much everything. Of course, given his history he may also know where one could unearth a nice skeleton or 2.

CoSport's website is ridiculously awful. I've seen Class A minor league baseball teams with better sites, and certainly with less buggy ticket ordering interfaces. Very, very frustrating to use. I've complained to my contacts at the USOC time and again about CoSport since they came on the scene a few Olympics ago. The least they can do is put in a modern ticket ordering system and edit the English on their website so that it actually makes sense, but I'd be pretty happy to see them gone entirely. I hope someone over there at the USOC listens before 2014 & 2016. I recommend that all U.S. fans, and Canadian, Australian, Swedish, etc., complain to their respective OCs about this.

Anyway, I was able to cut through the fog today to order some good Tennis and Table Tennis tickets. Although I did lose some Diving tickets I really wanted on one of those agonizingly slow page load, click refresh, things. But, in the end, my group has now pretty much filled out our London Olympic program with an event a day (and often 2 or even 3) for everyone for the entire games. We have all the Athletics finals through our tour, and other tickets including some Tennis & Diving, and the Archery, Badminton, Trampoline, BMX, and Handball finals. All sourced various ways, but none of them at more than face value (plus, of course, the outrageous non-host country "official" markups allowed by the Olympic Committee).

All I need now are a couple of stray singles for the BMX finals and M Handball finals and we are completely set. Not bad for having started off by getting only 1 session of Badminton and 1 session of Wrestling in the original ordering phase.

If you don't mind me asking, how much money have you spent on tickets to have such a full schedule of events?

....was so busy today that I forgot about Cosport going live today. LOL. No worries...have spent enough on Olympics. LOL. Tell me everyone...were there really Artistic Gymnastics tickets available for either Women's or Men's Team events today? Just curious as when I entered the Lottery, I placed myself in AA categories for those events and didn't get either.

Al in New York City...I'm also in New York City...perhaps we can do coffee and compare schedules as I have 1 ticket for men's artistic gymnastics preliminaries that I might be able to swap for a ticket of a similar nature for Athletics...

Cheers,

....was so busy today that I forgot about Cosport going live today. LOL. No worries...have spent enough on Olympics. LOL. Tell me everyone...were there really Artistic Gymnastics tickets available for either Women's or Men's Team events today? Just curious as when I entered the Lottery, I placed myself in AA categories for those events and didn't get either.

Al in New York City...I'm also in New York City...perhaps we can do coffee and compare schedules as I have 1 ticket for men's artistic gymnastics preliminaries that I might be able to swap for a ticket of a similar nature for Athletics...

Cheers,

I was on the site right at noon. It was brutally slow. If there were gymnastics tickets available, they were gone by the time I was able to see the page with available tickets. Overall, there was a pretty good variety of events, but not what I was looking for. I did manage to pick up a morning judo session, but that was it. I had pretty low expectations going in given my previous CoSport experiences. It's pretty sad considering that this is their 4th Olympics as a reseller for the US.

Hey there,

I am a french postgraduate student at Lincoln University and I am currently writing my dissertation about the London 2012 Sponsorship process. Could you please take (literally) 5min of your time to answer a few questions.

here is the link for the survey: London2012 Sponsorship Process

Thanks a lot for your time and I hope this major event will be a great success for the UK.

Romain

Hey there,

I am a french postgraduate student at Lincoln University and I am currently writing my dissertation about the London 2012 Sponsorship process. Could you please take (literally) 5min of your time to answer a few questions.

here is the link for the survey: London2012 Sponsorship Process

Thanks a lot for your time and I hope this major event will be a great success for the UK.

Romain

The main availability page showed tickets for the artictic gymnatics, but I think that was a glitch. Whenever I tried to actually pull tickets up, and the search didn't error out, they tickets weren't there.

Yeah, I wasted a lot of time chasing phantom gymnastics and tennis tickets. They still haven't fixed it.

Huge thanks to FiveRing!!!

Having been through this before, I knew enough to keep checking the website. But I'd already looked at CoSport's site once earlier today.

Just now there were a number of nice tickets available. Had to make some hard choices, especially as most were in the top categories. I actually had an AA diving ticket in my cart, but had to throw it back. Ouch. But I mostly filled out my schedule, leaving room for that tennis ticket I'm going to find a way to get.

Thanks again FiveRing.

PS - Phantom artistic gymnamstic and tennis tickets still showing on the main page. Boo.

Huge thanks to FiveRing!!!

Having been through this before, I knew enough to keep checking the website. But I'd already looked at CoSport's site once earlier today.

Just now there were a number of nice tickets available. Had to make some hard choices, especially as most were in the top categories. I actually had an AA diving ticket in my cart, but had to throw it back. Ouch. But I mostly filled out my schedule, leaving room for that tennis ticket I'm going to find a way to get.

Thanks again FiveRing.

PS - Phantom artistic gymnamstic and tennis tickets still showing on the main page. Boo.

Romain, I tried taking your survey. It is TOOOO picky. There were some questions I did NOT want to answer; and your system would not let me. I gave up!!

Seriously Myles? You can find the mental fortitude to write a book but not to take a five minute online survey? It literally took 5 minutes to finish... very easy... <_<

London 2012 ticket resale plans confirmed 12/14/2011

- First opportunity to resell tickets purchased from LOCOG from 6 January 2012

- Further resale opportunities from April 2012

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has confirmed details of its ticket resale process for Olympic and Paralympic ticket holders. Those who have bought tickets directly from LOCOG before 6 January 2012 will be able to resell their tickets via www.tickets.london2012.com from 6 January 2012 until 3 February 2012. There will then be further opportunities to resell from Spring 2012. The resale process will allow those who are no longer able to attend or no longer want their tickets to sell them to other sports fans and help ensure that venues are full at Games time.

Those who purchased tickets from LOCOG and wish to resell them will be able to choose which tickets they wish to resell via their ticketing account on www.tickets.london2012.com. Tickets submitted for resale may not appear for sale on the website immediately; they will be made available online for other customers to purchase on an ongoing basis. If sold, the seller will receive the full face value of the tickets. If the tickets remain unsold in this first phase which closes on 3 February, they will be returned to the ticket holder's account. A further opportunity for ticketholders to try and resell any unwanted tickets will open in spring 2012.

Those who purchased tickets directly from overseas Authorised Ticket Resellers (ATRs) who wish to return them should contact the ATR concerned to discuss options.

LOCOG CEO Paul Deighton said, 'We asked people to buy tickets more than a year out from the Games and mindful of that, we promised that we would create this system for people whose circumstances may have changed to enable them to resale their tickets legally and safely. I'm convinced that most people will want to hold on to their tickets, but we are pleased to offer this resale programme which will give those who wish to use it , an opportunity to securely sell their tickets to others who wish to go to the Games or purchase more tickets and help us to achieve our aim of having full venues.'

Remaining tickets for the Olympic Football Tournament and the Paralympic Games are currently on sale until 6 February 2012 when the seat allocation process will begin. Contingency tickets and those not sold by 6 February will be made available for sale from Spring 2012 online and via telephone. Further details will be announced in due course.

It is a criminal offence to resell London 2012 Olympic or Paralympic tickets on the open market without the permission of LOCOG. Customers are advised to purchase London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games tickets only through official sources. To check whether a website or individual is an official sales channel please use our website checker http://www.london2012.com/about-this-website/ticketing-website-checker.php

Detective Superintendent Nick Downing, Head of the Metropolitan Police's Operation Podium, said: "LOCOG's resale platform is an ideal system that enables those who can no longer use their purchased tickets to sell them on to Games fans, while giving those fans the peace of mind in knowing that they are buying from genuine and authorised sellers. I would urge all of those ticket holders who want to sell their tickets to do so through LOCOG's ticket resale platform. I would also like to remind anyone looking to buy Olympic or Paralympic tickets that they should only use the www.tickets.london2012.com website. This is secure and has all the information that you need. Do not be tempted to go elsewhere!"

In recognition of Visa's longstanding support of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, only Visa (debit, credit and prepaid) can be used to purchase tickets.

For more information, visit: http://www.london2012.com/news/2011/12/london-2012-ticket-resale-plans-confirmed.php

CoSport dumped a lot of new ones online today for Americans. They've got everything but swimming and ceremonies right now, plus lots of tickets under $100, including D and E seats for basketball and beach volleyball.

I've also heard a rumor that even more will go online at 5pm EST.

CoSport dumped a lot of new ones online today for Americans. They've got everything but swimming and ceremonies right now, plus lots of tickets under $100, including D and E seats for basketball and beach volleyball.

I've also heard a rumor that even more will go online at 5pm EST.

All I can say is THANK YOU!!!!!! :D :D :D

Just picked up 3 nights of athletics, the handball final, 2 centre court tickets to the tennis and a basketball match. Absolutely stoked!!!!

Archived