London 2012 Olympics Tickets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stock is constantly changing on Cosport site , not sure why

That's the principle of a live sale... first come first serve !

Once you put a tix in your cart it is not available for the others, except if you cancel it...

Do we know at what time will start the Locog second phase tomorrow ? 8am or 9am GMT ?

SIX am memorabilia. unless you want football, in that case, anytime !

Wanted some Equine tix, gymnastics (artistic or trampolining), athletics, cycling and swimming

No joy on that one. Any other sites still selling ?

Do we know at what time will start the Locog second phase tomorrow ? 8am or 9am GMT ?

Yeah, 6am our time, as Madscouser said. Details will all be in your allocation email LOCOG sent you after the first round.

yeah - I was on the Co-Sport site at 8am (UK time). Not too much on there that I wanted (fortunate to have tickets for some of the events that were available) - but was interesting to see the Closing Ceremony tickets. At 900 euro each I was tempted - for about 1 minute! As much as I'd love to go I just think I can spend my 2000 euro's elsewhere - like a weeks holiday rather than 2 tickets for a 3 hour event. Maybe I'll be kicking myself in a just over a year though.

Was disappointed that there were no tickets for swimming, diving or gymnastics though

Looking at the website now it is only boxing, weightlifting and wrestling left.

yeah - I was on the Co-Sport site at 8am (UK time). Not too much on there that I wanted (fortunate to have tickets for some of the events that were available) - but was interesting to see the Closing Ceremony tickets. At 900 euro each I was tempted - for about 1 minute! As much as I'd love to go I just think I can spend my 2000 euro's elsewhere - like a weeks holiday rather than 2 tickets for a 3 hour event. Maybe I'll be kicking myself in a just over a year though.

Was disappointed that there were no tickets for swimming, diving or gymnastics though

Looking at the website now it is only boxing, weightlifting and wrestling left.

I had the same feeling about the closing ceremony. It's just too much money. For the same euros I can now buy my accommodation and probably the travel to London.

Hi All:

I am scheduled to attend my third Summer Games in London next summer. For my previous two games I never had trouble getting tickets. For London, I barely have any. Normally, I buy additional tickets off ebay, but no one has posted any on the site which scares me. I see that many of you are having success getting tickets through other countries. Can someone please explain to me how this works? Do you not need to be a resident of the country in order to get thier tickets?

Also if anyone has tickets that they will not be using, I am more than interested in purchasing. Just send me a message and we can try to work something out.

Thanks so much for your help! Keep up the good work on these boards.

You wont find any on ebay, they have done it so people cant re-sell at silly prices. Its a good idea, not sure if its a fine or what but, if u have tickets you dont want, you can sell them to family and friends at face value or give them back when the official re-selling website goes live.

Your best bet currently is www.thomascooklondon2012.com but not sure if thats just the UK or international as well. Most international resellers are mostly run out by now. They sold fast.

I didn't bother getting up for the sales today. There was just nothing in the remaining batch that floated my boat.

Am waiting for this next batch for next year - will be interesting to see what is in there. And also the re-selling. Have the rules for that been released yet? Can you sell/trade to friends and family - or is it only through the official website and open to all?

Pretty certain I've got 4 tix this morning for the women's football Gold medal match at Wembley.

Was anyone else up early getting the leftovers from LOCOG's sales?

I was in the train from south of france to Paris till now ! Just arrived, let's see what i could get ....

Annoying that when you are doing a research, they are showing also the unavailable sessions...

Ive been on just to see whats left. I was amazed that even the available events, volleyball and wrestling really have very limited availability. Football is only the real event they need to push now. Its quite amazing really

Can you explain how did you do this?, I can't see anything on their website other than a link to LOCOG

thanks

www.vstupenky.biz/vstupenky.aspx

Filled out a form, after checking their spreadsheet. Google translate helped on most of it - only one area not sure about which was the second 'type ' column - which i am guessing is level of availability at a particular seat category !

Was in and out by 6.02. 6 Mens Volleyball Cat B tickets applied for...

Hopefull.

Can you explain how did you do this?, I can't see anything on their website other than a link to LOCOG

thanks

Apparently current sales are only for tickets sold as part of a package. The Slovak reseller is apparently only selling 'tickets only' from 1st August. I learnt this by following @volshy on Twitter - he personally range the Slovakian reseller. It is worth following him on Twitter, as well as @pearcesport - they have all the EU reseller activity covered.

Apparently current sales are only for tickets sold as part of a package. The Slovak reseller is apparently only selling 'tickets only' from 1st August. I learnt this by following @volshy on Twitter - he personally range the Slovakian reseller. It is worth following him on Twitter, as well as @pearcesport - they have all the EU reseller activity covered.

Thanks for that ! Not on twitter, but good to know. Will the 1st Aug be by application form or by internet ? at least my form is in !!!

From ATR !!!

Coe Defends Ticketing Sales Strategy

Coe told IOC members that domestically and internationally the demand for 2012 tickets was unprecedented. A total of 1.9 million people applied for 22 million tickets in the first phase of sales - only 6.6m were available. The first phase of "second chance" sales shifted more than 750,000 tickets. In total, over 3.5 million Olympic tickets have now been sold.

Following disappointment for many British people in the opening sales phases, Coe told the IOC Session, whose members include representatives from NOCs and international federations: “My message is very clear: If you have tickets you have not yet sold then please send them back to us. I know people who would like them."

A new sales phase opened on Friday for the 700,000 applicants who were successful in getting tickets in the first round ballot. It closes on July 17.

Around 1.5 million tickets are available for football, 40,000 for volleyball and 8,000 for freestyle wrestling

Archived