London 2012 Olympics Tickets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, opening ceremony, well done!

We got none of the sessions we applied for as a family (4 of us), but we did get 1 handball ticket and 2 beach volleyball tickets, both prelims. Going to need to try to get more than that, even if it's football in the resales, because at the moment one of us isn't going.

Should we start a Gamesbids London 2012 ticket exchange so people can swap tickets or sell them on to other gamesbids members at face value price, would that work or is it against the 2012 rules. It would mean you know the tickets are going to real Olympic fans

Should we start a Gamesbids London 2012 ticket exchange so people can swap tickets or sell them on to other gamesbids members at face value price, would that work or is it against the 2012 rules. It would mean you know the tickets are going to real Olympic fans

For sure it could be interesting to do it between GB members, but it will not be very convenient, as you will still have to deal to send the tickets or to meet to deliver the tickets...

Personally i will prefer the fan to fan system that Locog would propose as it will be easier for everyone to sell or buy tickets !

And by the way, no sure the ticketing policy allow you to resale your tickets outside the official process...

Martin, u got the best tickets ever. Ive got another session of handball to add to the one from Dertour, plus Opening Ceremony. Im sooooo chuffed

If I had designed an Olympic Coin I would except a ticket for the opening ceremony .I’m not sure I believe you got it on the lottery , having said that well don for getting it however it was got.

As for myself I still haven’t heard anything what so ever

I think that there does need to be a honest/ reliable exchange scheme. I received two more mens 200m finals tickets through the LOCOG ballot to compliment the two I got from Denmark. I'd love to exchange the tickets for some other big draw finals but if I can't, I would obviously pass on to friends who missed out.

If I had designed an Olympic Coin I would except a ticket for the opening ceremony .I’m not sure I believe you got it on the lottery , having said that well don for getting it however it was got.

As for myself I still haven’t heard anything what so ever

I got it in the lottery, Im not sure how else I would have got it, it certainly wasn't part of the coin prize. Im also entering all the competitions I can find, and think i've used up a lifetime of good luck but I got the tickets through the ballot.

Men's pentathlon

Men's double and women's single canoe slalom finals

Beach volleyball heats

Water Polo men's heats

Pretty chuffed, nice mix of sports that you can't normally see in this country. Now to use my parents second chance ballot to hopefully get some handball!

My tickets:

Tennis, Men's Singles First Round, Wimbledon - No.1 Court;

Water Polo, Men's Preliminary Round (2 Matches);

Judo, Women -57kg Elimination Rounds; Women -57kg Quarterfinals; Men -73kg Elimination Rounds; Men -73kg Quarterfinals;

Judo,Women -57kg Gold Medal Contest; Men -73kg Gold Medal Contest; Women -57kg Victory Ceremony; Men -73kg Victory Ceremony

i want more!!

I got it in the lottery, Im not sure how else I would have got it, it certainly wasn't part of the coin prize. Im also entering all the competitions I can find, and think i've used up a lifetime of good luck but I got the tickets through the ballot.

You deserve to be at the opening ceremony for designing the coin however you got the ticket.

As for myself I have joined the ranks of those who got nothing, Its irritating as I hadn’t read in any of the media that the canoe slalom was over subscribed, its one of the events I would like to see, I image its probably still possible, but any retuned tickets will probably be in the high price bracket.

On the availability page it also doesn’t say what prices are still available. The suspicion being that all the cheaper ticks may have already gone. People without tickets will probably be able to get what they want bar the blue ripened events between now and the Olympics , but they will have to pay through the nose for it.

Good luck for the one that will have the opportunity to buy tickets tommorow !

Pretty sure, that we will not have anymore some pretty good tix on the 8th !!!! :(

I’m pissed off now I applied by post and paid by postal order for the lottery, after following the what to do if you applied by post section which seemed to be implying that you would be able to apply using the payment they already have, I discover I’m expected to pay by visa even though they already have my money from the lottery application , and the reason I applied by post in the first place is because I don’t have a visa card,

and there wouldn’t have been enough time to apply for a visa card between hearing I got no tickets in the lottery as they didn’t email me until Wednesday this week.

So, does some of you try LOCOG this morning?

I heard the website crashed? Right? And after that all remaining tix have been sold out very fast!!!

I couldnt take the pressure of waiting til the second window opened to find out there was nowt left.

I just picked up Beach Volleyball and Basketball off the Thomas Cook website, pretty over priced but a hotel rooms included I guess. Now just gonna wait til December to see what else they release.

Archived