London 2012 Olympics Tickets

I got my "sorry no tickets" email finally yesterday. Took a look at what remains and aside from handball nothing really caught my fancy.

So unless I'm volunteering I won't be at London 2012.

There will be plently of other opportunities to get tickets in the next year, but you will have to keep your eye on all avenues

I am speaking here as someone who got pretty much every ticket they wanted - without paying through the nose- for the past 4 olympic games

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read this on the Gaurdian website from Friday

All applicants will find out by email today whether they have been successful or not. Those told they have been successful will not be able to find out exactly which tickets they have until 24 June when they will be able to do so via their baskets in the online ticket system.

So we have it wait til Friday!

Just read this on the Gaurdian website from Friday

All applicants will find out by email today whether they have been successful or not. Those told they have been successful will not be able to find out exactly which tickets they have until 24 June when they will be able to do so via their baskets in the online ticket system.

So we have it wait til Friday!

I have a question about the english language - doesn't mean the word "until" a time period from right now to a another date/time - therewith could it be that your basket is updated before June 24 (but has to be updated until June 24)?

I have a question about the english language - doesn't mean the word "until" a time period from right now to a another date/time - therewith could it be that your basket is updated before June 24 (but has to be updated until June 14)?

In this context "until" means they will not find out before June 24th. June 24th will be the first/earliest day they can find out which tickets they have.

From the Evening Standard:

Olympic ticket buyers find out what they got

Matthew Beard, Sports News Correspondent

21 Jun 2011

About 700,000 successful applicants for Olympic tickets will discover tomorrow what seats they have been given.

London 2012 Games organiser Locog will send out a mass email informing them tomorrow morning.

The 1.2 million applicants who were left empty-handed in the ballot will get a second chance to buy tickets on Friday but several sports are expected to sell out within hours.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23962602-olympic-ticket-buyers-find-out-what-they-got.do

After applying for 24 sessions through cosport I got nothing. They said their first come first served sales for those who got nothing would start june 23rd. Anybody else heard anything such as what is left or what time it starts at?

I have tickets now for the following sports: athletics (finals), beach-volleyball (finals), canoe slalom (finals), canoe sprint (finals), rowing (finals), weightlifting (finals) and wrestling (pre.).

That's not too bad CAF ! So less stress now ??? ;)

Personnaly i got a quarterfinal on women beach-volley (Great, Great !), the final of the women handball tournament (Go French Girls Go !) and the women individual epées finals in Fencing. :)

A good match with the 3 sessions, i baught from Dertour, mainly around the first and last week-end.

Let's see now how I will complete in the next phases or through other ATRs....

That's not too bad CAF ! So less stress now ??? ;)

Personnaly i got a quarterfinal on women beach-volley (Great, Great !), the final of the women handball tournament (Go French Girls Go !) and the women individual epées finals in Fencing. :)

A good match with the 3 sessions, i baught from Dertour, mainly around the first and last week-end.

Let's see now how I will complete in the next phases or through other ATRs....

Are you volunteering for London?

I tried to get that women's epee final because I am still holding out hope Sherraine Schalm finally gets a medal. Hopefully the additional funding and the continued French training pays off.

Are you going to try through cosport?

Are you volunteering for London?

No, why ?

Are you going to try through cosport?

Yes thanks to you ! I did not know that they were in charge of some EU NOCs tickets' allotments ! So, yes, i will have an eye on their second round next week !!!!

Archived