London 2012 Olympics Tickets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me too - hardly anything left and all very very expensive - been a waste of time - oh well hopefully some people got lucky!

There was already mostly nothing yesterday at 2pm.

As always, not interesting to go through an ATR for the main order of tickets. As for the LOCOG second phase, it could be useful for some additional tickets to adjust its personal program.

London 2012 to donate 10,000 Games tickets to Armed Forces

The London 2012 Organising Committee (LOCOG) today urged members of the Armed Forces to sign up to be in with a chance of receiving free London 2012 tickets.

A total of 10,000 tickets will be donated to Tickets For Troops through the London 2012 Ticketshare scheme, giving members of the Army, Royal Navy and RAF the chance to attend the Olympic and Paralympic Games next summer free of charge.

Tickets For Troops was set up in 2009 to provide members of the Armed Forces with free tickets for major sporting, entertainment, musical and cultural events. Since launching, over 250,000 tickets have been donated, and over 90,000 troops have registered on the Tickets For Troops website.

LOCOG Chair Sebastien Coe said: 'I’m absolutely delighted that through our Ticketshare scheme we will be involving members of the armed services and their families. Through the sale of our Prestige tickets we are enabling the donation of tickets to a number of deserving causes – it would be unimaginable that we wouldn’t include our armed service personnel. I would urge those who are eligible to get on the Tickets For Troops website to register their details.'

The London 2012 Ticketshare scheme will also see 125,000 tickets donated to London schoolchildren, while a further 50,000 will be distributed to schools across the rest of the UK.

Troops need to sign up for the programme at www.ticketsfortroops.org.uk by 1 November 2011 to be eligible to apply.

http://www.london2012.com/news/2011/06/london-2012-to-donate-10-000-games-tickets-to-armed-forc.php

:)

So James Pearce from the BBC has spoken to Eventeam this afternoon. Apparently they’ve confirmed that they have many more tickets than those which were listed initially and will put more up tomorrow (general sale so hopefully no password nonsense) and will add more every few days.

So kind of total pot luck if you get on when they are selling something you actually might want.

So James Pearce from the BBC has spoken to Eventeam this afternoon. Apparently they’ve confirmed that they have many more tickets than those which were listed initially and will put more up tomorrow (general sale so hopefully no password nonsense) and will add more every few days.

So kind of total pot luck if you get on when they are selling something you actually might want.

He's added that athletics tickets will be available on their own but swimming tickets will only be sold with accomodation.

according to the Telegraph people will hear if they have been successful with tickets this week (that aint a suprise, we know whether money has been taken or not) and then will receive a futher email on the 24 detailing the tickets you've won. Surely that cant be right, thats madness, TELL US, TELL US NOW!!!!!!

according to the Telegraph people will hear if they have been successful with tickets this week (that aint a suprise, we know whether money has been taken or not) and then will receive a futher email on the 24 detailing the tickets you've won. Surely that cant be right, thats madness, TELL US, TELL US NOW!!!!!!

It is nonsense to give us this week an information that you got a ticket without any details - I esteem that as a kind of stonewalling and it makes it nearly impossible to try to book tickets over national ATRs since you don't know what you got from LOCOG

The London 2012 Ticketshare scheme will also see 125,000 tickets donated to London schoolchildren, while a further 50,000 will be distributed to schools across the rest of the UK.

Do the schools from across of the UK get accomodation in London too? What is with the teachers or grown ups, who look after the school students during the sport session? Do they get tickets and accomodation too? What is with the transport? Are not school holidays during the Olympics in the UK?

Do the schools from across of the UK get accomodation in London too? What is with the teachers or grown ups, who look after the school students during the sport session? Do they get tickets and accomodation too? What is with the transport? Are not school holidays during the Olympics in the UK?

I would think that most of those tickets are for the events like football matches and sailing that are close enough for the kids to simply go as a day trip. And usually, those sorts of events are some of the hardest to sell out.

by the way - any news about when LOCOG will be able to give the notification of the applied tickets? I think it is "strange" that they are able to charge but not to give the details, what was charged...

I could understand that they didn't do it before June 10th, but now it is really annoying...

Looks like we are hearing this afternoon whats happening in the next stage of sales, only finding out what tickets we have been allocated next week. Bit rubbish really, the whole process has been too dragged out.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Olympics-2012-Details-Of-Second-Round-Of-Ticket-Ballot-For-London-Games-To-Be-Revealed/Article/201106316013449?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_16013449_Olympics_2012%3A_Details_Of_Second_Round_Of_Ticket_Ballot_For_London_Games_To_Be_Revealed

Looks like we are hearing this afternoon whats happening in the next stage of sales, only finding out what tickets we have been allocated next week. Bit rubbish really, the whole process has been too dragged out.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Olympics-2012-Details-Of-Second-Round-Of-Ticket-Ballot-For-London-Games-To-Be-Revealed/Article/201106316013449?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_16013449_Olympics_2012%3A_Details_Of_Second_Round_Of_Ticket_Ballot_For_London_Games_To_Be_Revealed

2.8 million tickets left.

1.7 million of these tickets are for football though

At last some information about the next wave of tickets and a link showing availability...

Second chance sales

Exclusive window

24 June – 3 July 2011

For applicants who were not allocated any tickets during the initial application phase.

Following window

8 July - 17 July 2011

For applicants who were allocated some or all of the tickets they applied for during the initial application phase.

There are still lots of great sports available in the second chance sales window including: Athletics, Basketball, Football, Handball, Hockey and Volleyball, please view Availability...

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/schedule.html

Time to start planning!

There will be two second chance sales windows: the first will open at 6am on 24 June and run until 6pm on 3 July, and is open exclusively to people who applied in the initial application phase but were not allocated any tickets.

The following window, which is open to people who received some or all of the tickets they applied for in the first round of sales, will open at 6am on 8 July and run until 6pm on 17 July.

http://www.london2012.com/news/2011/06/ticket-applicants-get-a-second-chance-to-secure-the-grea.php

Some Tweets:

What Locog were successful doing was keeping UK ballot tickets for UK people. They didn't advertise abroad and only 1% ended up outside UK

There were 4,000 tickets sold at £20.12 for opening ceremony. 1.5 million people applied. If you got one you've used up your luck for a year.

A third of #olympictickets were bought by people in London, a third by people in home counties. Only a third by rest of UK.

One of major challenges for Locog is to generate more interest out of London. Demand for Hampden Park football was "weak"

People have been too clever with ticket applications. Many went for bankers, so many handball preliminaries sold out while semi-finals not!

http://twitter.com/#!/Pearcesport

------------------------------------------------

Average haul among those successful was four tickets costing £275.

Women's beach volleyball final has sold out, tickets still available for men's. Funny that.

http://twitter.com/#!/martynziegler

I got my "sorry no tickets" email finally yesterday. Took a look at what remains and aside from handball nothing really caught my fancy.

So unless I'm volunteering I won't be at London 2012.

Archived