London 2012 Olympics Tickets

... I have seen "just" tickets for the preliminaries for beach-volleyball, which you "could" book, if you had been able to enter your "password" and your "id", which you got by your registration (which doesn't work either)

Well - I hope these problems will be solved soon, but I wonder why I have registered, since it is already 03:30 pm of the first day, on which registered people can order - I wonder if something will happen later today or tomorrow before on june 15 everybody can order...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finally went in back. Chose 2 sessions, made the payment that has been accepted... and went back to the website.. with an error message... saying that for security reasons after this error, both my payment and order have been cancelled !

So I finally went in back. Chose 2 sessions, made the payment that has been accepted... and went back to the website.. with an error message... saying that for security reasons after this error, both my payment and order have been cancelled !

had you been able to insert your ID and your password? That wasn't able for me

had you been able to insert your ID and your password? That wasn't able for me

Yes, i entered id and password, went in, saw my profile, updated it as they put Germany for my country ( :blink: ), checked the several days where i was looking for some tickets, only found 2 sessions on 5, booked it... and you already know the end of my story....

If so, as i already wrote, that is illegal !

I could not get back in, so I am leaving for now... and will have an eye later. But, if they forced to buy the best tickets through their package, I will inform the fraud services...

Have you been in touch with Eventeam to see why they think they can force you to buy pacakages in order to get tickets? Have you been in touch with the fraud services?

Unbelievable!! Got 100m heats (plus Jess Ennis) and 200m finals (plus Phillips Idowu) from Sportsworld. Waitlisted for other events too but am more than happy to stick with those. Overjoyed that me and my wife will be in the stadium to see it used for what it was built for.

Unbelievable!! Got 100m heats (plus Jess Ennis) and 200m finals (plus Phillips Idowu) from Sportsworld. Waitlisted for other events too but am more than happy to stick with those. Overjoyed that me and my wife will be in the stadium to see it used for what it was built for.

Nice one! Enjoy!!!!!

Daily Mail on tickets:

Inside Sport can reveal that only five sports at London 2012 are 'total sell-outs' so far.

These are track cycling, rhythmic gymnastics, triathlon, modern pentathlon and equestrian (cross-country).

'Total sell-out' means that all tickets at all prices have gone.

The opening and closing ceremonies also fall into this category.

The flip-side is that seats for most sports at the Games, including the 'big two' - athletics and swimming - will be up for grabs when the second round of sales begins on a first-come, first-served basis at the end of this month.

Not all sessions for all sports have seats available (with the men's 100metres final massively oversubscribed, for example), but sources say at least some sessions in most sports have some tickets left.

There is still 'good availability' in all the team sports, namely basketball, volleyball, hockey, handball and football, where there are lots of matches at larger venues - with rare exceptions.

The men's football gold medal match at Wembley is a sell-out, for example, while a football match in Coventry on July 29 next year is almost sold out.

It seems that many of the disappointed would-be buyers lost out by requesting only the cheapest tickets.

Many dearer seats are still available, as will become clear late this month.

A huge tranche of tickets - around 10 per cent of the total of 6.6m available for 'general sale' to 'ordinary' non-corporate, non-sponsor fans - is being held back for 'contingency' reasons, such as not yet knowing where camera positions will be.

These 'contingency' tickets include at least some seats at every session of the Games, including the sports that are 'total sell-outs' so far.

Expect around 500,000 in total to become available in the months before the Games begin on July 27 next year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2002552/Nick-Harris-2012-chiefs-sold-signs-sports.html

I do think allowing people with no tickets a 10 whole days access in the 2nd round is a bit too much, surely 7 days is more than enough, I cant help but think all the tickets will be gone by the time the 10 days is up : (

I'm inclined to agree

Anyone know yet how this will work ? Do they have one session only or can they buy some, think about it, come back another day and buy some more for their friends etc?

I do think allowing people with no tickets a 10 whole days access in the 2nd round is a bit too much, surely 7 days is more than enough, I cant help but think all the tickets will be gone by the time the 10 days is up : (

Is the opportunity (for people without allocated tickets in the first round )to buy tickets in a "private" sale has been officially confirmed ?

As from my point of view, this is not compliant with commercial rules. If you propose a product, it should be available to anyone without discrimination. But may be, i'm wrong !

I did not notice that before on the website, but next phase is due for the end of this year :

Future ticket sales

Remaining tickets for the London 2012 Olympic Games will become available for sale online and by phone on a first come, first served basis, using Visa only, from winter 2011.

Archived