London 2012 Olympics Tickets

But they must also get first dibs at other tickets for prime events. The Olympic junkets I've been on with a TOP sponsor (well, the one to Atlanta with IBM) they had plenty of tickets to give out - I just basically had to go with all the other guests each morning to the IBM hospitality girl and say which events I wanted to see, and she'd hand them out.

For London (not sure about past games), each sponsor is given a daily amount of tickets that they are allowed to purchase (at full price). However, sponsors were also put into a lottery system amongst each other, so while they do get to fill out their requests before everyone else, they still have some surprising limitations set on them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with Water Polo! That would be one of my favored events!

But to the average sports fan it is pretty boring. I personally think water polo is great. And honestly I think the team sports (hockey, handball, water polo, basketball etc) are much better live viewing then others. Most normal Olympic fans aren't well versed in the scoring and technical aspects of every sport, something commentators provide.

Not great news re Eventeam. The UK press picked up on the pre-registration yesterday at 4pm (BBC's Matt Pearce and the Telegraph) and this caused a bit of traffic on Twitter. As a result, the Eventeam site was busy last night and what is worse is that it still appears to be inviting registrants this morning (after its 12 midnight deadline).

The site was always going to be busy on 13th June but I now believe it will fall over unless it has one of the big ticket companies behind it.

I was hoping the French site would be a nicely kept secret at least until it was open for general sale. The site crashed last night so not sure if they have extended it a bit. I cant actually click on the link for individuals though at the moment so not sure if they have disablled it.

Im sure that site will now crash on Monday. Damn the Telegraph LOL!

Excellent Davey - the pre-registration has now been disabled. It was clicking through earlier this morning.

I guess the next trick is to know when the pre-sale goes live, i.e. midnight French time, 8am, 9am etc. But I agree, it will crash if its 9am French time.

Interesting...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jamespearce/2011/06/theres_still_hope_for_the_one.html

From the amount I've had debited it looks like I've been lucky and got 4 or 5 of the 16 events I applied for. Impossible to tell what ones though! Hopefully they are grouped over a few days. Will they be letting us know earlier than the 24th?

just stumbled across this wonderful forum..i have a query about the french site which i registered with,,,,when you get the e-mail it says to log inand then go into "my account"..has anyone found that bit yet..ive scoured the site and i cant..do we think it might not be there till the 13th

thanks in advance

just stumbled across this wonderful forum..i have a query about the french site which i registered with,,,,when you get the e-mail it says to log inand then go into "my account"..has anyone found that bit yet..ive scoured the site and i cant..do we think it might not be there till the 13th

thanks in advance

They wrote 'go into your account of the 13th, (not before), log-in and change your password'

So yes, you have to wait :(

The French reseller got only 4000 registrations from EU residents.

But a lot of tickets will only be sold in packages including accomodation.

I guess they know from where the applicants are and will put the interesting sessions in packages.

Hello everyone !

How have i not known about this forum ?

Managed to only get £320 out of £6.5k worth of tickets, so now looking for others

Have applied for some from the Polish seller and pre-registered for the French one

Anyone had any joy with the Polish site before ?

Each IF gets allocations of seats to all events in their discipline. Each IOC member gets a pass that gives access to most events. Some events require an RSVP to use the pass. The OC and CC both are ticketed though: passes aren't valid because of operational requirements.

At Rogers Arena (Canada Hockey Place) the IIHF reserved area for ice hockey was HUGE--hundreds of seats--and they also had a massive hospitality suite with more seats. The only time it was full was the men's gold medal game--even for the women's gold medal game the IIHF didn't use all its seats.

This is interesting

More than 10,000 people who were allocated London 2012 tickets have had their cards declined, meaning those tickets have now been allocated to others, organisers have revealed.

The new recipients will have the money debited by the end of Friday.

So just say those 10,000 people applied for 5 tickets each thats a massive 50,000 tickets that are being re-allocated, and the fact there cards were declined suggests they are big winners in the draws. Check ya banks people, check ya banks : )

Has anyone applied for tickets via Slovakia? Struggling to understand if we have to print and sign the terms and conditions or whether ticking on the box on the application form is enough?

Also wondering if it is maximum of 8 tickets in total, 8 sessions or maximum of 8 tickets per session. Any one know?

Desperate to get some Canoe Slalom, my applications for top price tickets via 2012 were unsuccessful :-(

This is interesting

More than 10,000 people who were allocated London 2012 tickets have had their cards declined, meaning those tickets have now been allocated to others, organisers have revealed.

The new recipients will have the money debited by the end of Friday.

So just say those 10,000 people applied for 5 tickets each thats a massive 50,000 tickets that are being re-allocated

1 in 132 of the tickets is being re-allocated if your guesses are correct. Very slim chance you'll be debited again.

Archived