London 2012 Olympics Tickets

I really wish I'd known about the DERTOUR website before. I've signed up to the French NOC website for tickets but it seems that you have to buy them as part of a package with travel and hotel too? My french isn't great and I transalted the site using google translator, so does anybody know if this is the case?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish I'd known about the DERTOUR website before. I've signed up to the French NOC website for tickets but it seems that you have to buy them as part of a package with travel and hotel too? My french isn't great and I transalted the site using google translator, so does anybody know if this is the case?

In France, it's illegal to force you to buy things through a package. So they will offer also tickets alone.

But they are slow to start.... and we are still waiting for the final website...

I just check the French ATR website and they made an annoucement...

Clôture des pré-inscriptions lundi 6 juin à minuit !

En vous pré-inscrivant, bénéficiez d’un accès aux ventes privées d’Eventeam.

Les 13 et 14 juin 2011 :

Les billets olympiques et les séjours en exclusivité pour vous sur www.eventeam2012.fr.

Le 15 juin 2011 :

Ouverture officielle en France, à tous les publics, des ventes de la billetterie et des séjours pour les Jeux Olympiques.

So that means that people should pre-register before June 6th to access a private website during 2 days on June 13th & 14th.

After that, on June 15th, it will be opened to everyone...

I just check the French ATR website and they made an annoucement...

So that means that people should pre-register before June 6th to access a private website during 2 days on June 13th & 14th.

After that, on June 15th, it will be opened to everyone...

thanks very much for the information memorabilia, just a question to make sure you don't need to be french citizen?

thanks very much for the information memorabilia, just a question to make sure you don't need to be french citizen?

It would also be illegal to just propose tickets to only French Citizen... They should allow all EU resident to access their offers.

In their form, they did not create a box to allow to choose the country, so if I were you, I will put your country in capital letters just after your city.

Hi

I`m new to the boards and wanted to know if anyone knows much about the ticket site Detour. I brought a few tickets on their website on a credit card a couple of days ago but nothing has come out yet and i am having trouble making out what they say in the invoice because it would not translate.Will they take the money out themselves in the next 14 days or will i need to make a phone call.

did you get an e-mail?

when you like to post this e-mail here (but delete your name and your personal data (like credit card no, full name, adress, etc. etc.) we can take a look and translate it

Barney mentioned that he bought at DERTOUR too - maybe he can help with the procedures in general, when you don't want to post that e-mail

did you get an e-mail?

when you like to post this e-mail here (but delete your name and your personal data (like credit card no, full name, adress, etc. etc.) we can take a look and translate it

Barney mentioned that he bought at DERTOUR too - maybe he can help with the procedures in general, when you don't want to post that e-mail

I just booked 2 sessions through Dertour to complete my schedule and to test them ...

Prices are around 15 Euros more expensive than the LOCOG prices converted with today's exchange rate .....

And for order from outside Germany they are asking an additional 37 Euros for the shipping (so a total of 49 Euros... when locog is asking for 14 euros) !!!

And it is confirmed that there is no possibility to resale tickets later...

So that means I will continue to favour LOCOG for my additional tickets B)

I received a confirmation of my booking in English and they said that I should receive an invoice in the coming days. But the booking seemed secured !

Thanks for the replies,the email was in English but the downloadable invoice was in German, but i have used some translation websites and i think they will be taking the money out on the 13th,i`m probably just worrying because i was disappointed in the ballot and what i got on DETOUR i would be pleased with.

Nothing taken out on my card...guess I got nothing :(

But then again for Vancouver I saw Canada earn 7 gold, 2 silver and 4 bronze. :)

I can't rightfully whinge.

I received the Dertour's invoice during the night. The debit will be proceeded in 14 days.

I just booked 2 sessions through Dertour to complete my schedule and to test them ...

Prices are around 15 Euros more expensive than the LOCOG prices converted with today's exchange rate .....

And for order from outside Germany they are asking an additional 37 Euros for the shipping (so a total of 49 Euros... when locog is asking for 14 euros) !!!

And it is confirmed that there is no possibility to resale tickets later...

So that means I will continue to favour LOCOG for my additional tickets B)

I received a confirmation of my booking in English and they said that I should receive an invoice in the coming days. But the booking seemed secured !

I still knoooow nothing as I paid by cash.

I’m surprised to read that 250,00 people got nothing, I suppose some of the events that were not over subscribed, may have only been so in the higher price bracket, with the weight of applications being on the cheaper seats , so even if you applied for the first day of a less popular sport, its possible to get nothing.

What I am sure about though is that I will be seeing many events in 2012 regardless of the outcome of this lottery.

I GOT AN OPENING CEREMONY TICKET WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky you! Congrats! I would kill for your ticket, I am one of the 250,000 who got none at all.

I wonder how is the next first come, first serve phase going to work? Is it online? I really dread this kind of system as from previous experience, it's either website will crash for sure, or wait for gazillion hours only in queue #254,498, or it's all a game of luck either you get in or not.

In a way I wished it will be an actual queueing system, like what they did in Wimbledon, for the day ticket. If there is a guarantee day ticket for opening ceremony, I will definitely queue. Wouldnt be surprised if it means camping for 1 week (look at Wimbledon finals, 2 nights and kate-williams wedding, 5 nights!)Its once in a lifetime opportunity too good to pass!

Lucky you! Congrats! I would kill for your ticket, I am one of the 250,000 who got none at all.

I wonder how is the next first come, first serve phase going to work? Is it online? I really dread this kind of system as from previous experience, it's either website will crash for sure, or wait for gazillion hours only in queue #254,498, or it's all a game of luck either you get in or not.

In a way I wished it will be an actual queueing system, like what they did in Wimbledon, for the day ticket. If there is a guarantee day ticket for opening ceremony, I will definitely queue. Wouldnt be surprised if it means camping for 1 week (look at Wimbledon finals, 2 nights and kate-williams wedding, 5 nights!)Its once in a lifetime opportunity too good to pass!

I am pretty sure LOCOG has said that there will be a first come, first serve system for people that DID NOT get any tickets through the first phase. You will probably get information about this on or around June 24th.

And its funny that you mentioned Wimbledon. I was watching tennis this morning and one the commentators commented about how hard it was to get tickets to The Championships and that has prompted a lot of Brits to request tickets to tennis just to get inside the grounds of Wimbledon and made tennis one of the most requested sports. I know I requested a tennis ticket just because its at Wimbledon (I didn't get it though).

I am pretty sure LOCOG has said that there will be a first come, first serve system for people that DID NOT get any tickets through the first phase. You will probably get information about this on or around June 24th.

And its funny that you mentioned Wimbledon. I was watching tennis this morning and one the commentators commented about how hard it was to get tickets to The Championships and that has prompted a lot of Brits to request tickets to tennis just to get inside the grounds of Wimbledon and made tennis one of the most requested sports. I know I requested a tennis ticket just because its at Wimbledon (I didn't get it though).

And I wonder how are they going to identify who has/ hasnt got tickets through first phase. The same person can use different credit card and different email still isnt it?

And I wonder how are they going to identify who has/ hasnt got tickets through first phase. The same person can use different credit card and different email still isnt it?

LOCOG will email/write to those who were unsuccessful inviting them to have first dibs on tickets in the second round. They've already said this.

I assume in the emails there'll be a unique code you'll have to use to get into the site, and those who applied by post will be sent a new application form. Something like that anyway. Those of us who did get tickets through LOCOG in the first round won't have access to the ticket site until LOCOG wants us to, don't worry.

Thanks Rob, that sounds like a sane plan to me :) Second time lucky I hope'

From Telegraph:

People who had not applied for any tickets in the ballot will be able to buy remaining unsold tickets when a new batch goes on sale at the end of November or early December.

Dual national: Canadian and Irish. Still maintain my irish residency.

How'd you get to apply through LOCOG?

Archived