London 2012 Olympics Tickets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems international customers getting a huge amount more than most Brits. I'd be very pleased with what any of you lot have got. I've got a £126 gap between my bank balance and my available balance...that gap has to be due to a pending payment and we know postage is £6.

So I reckon our family will see 1 session, or 5% of what I applied for.

I haven't received the e-mail from CoSport yet, but I was able to see my confirmations in my account. I was able to get 1 gymnastics, 5 tennis, 2 swimming, 1 diving, a handball, and a table tennis. I'm thrilled and hope to get more in the live sales.

Has LOCOG said if their resale system will be open internationally as well? Some of my tickets overlap, and I'll be looking to sell some as well as buy.

The LOCOG resale system will be only open to EU Citizen, same IOC rule protecting the NOC. The only way to buy tickets through LOCOG is to have a adress in the EU

While you haven't heard you still have hope. Of my group of friends those of us that have heard have seen only very small amounts withdrawn covering only 1 or 2 sessions at most, and from our calculations they can only be for the more minor sports (no disrespect meant to those sports).

Apparently all money will be taken by the 31st now. Thats good news.

The bad news is Ive been monitoring my available credit and today it altered slightly. I hope Im wrong but it looks like Im about to be charged a whopping great £46 for something, if thats London 2012 and £6 is postage I have 2 tickets to womens mountain biking by the looks of it. The word gutted doesnt even come close!

I did very well through CoSport this time-- much, much better than Beijing or Vancouver. I didn't get swimming, gymnstics, track cycling, tennis finals, or equestrian, but I got pretty much everything else including 5 out of 6 athletics finals sessions. CoSport provided some interesting metrics regarding the USA ballots, which I've attached. I think the odds were far better to go far the highest priced options ( AA, A, or B ). Kind of surprising that football was so heavily oversubscribed.

From CoSport:

> Ticket Request Phase Results

>

> During our ticket request phase, there was a great deal of demand for

> tickets to the London 2012 Olympic Games, resulting in many oversubscribed

> sessions. Below is some detailed information about the Ticket Request

> Phase.

>

> . Number of Tickets requested - 199,516 tickets

>

> . Ballot inventory available - 57,907 tickets

>

> Based on the results above, the percentage of tickets confirmed will be low.

> However, we want to emphasize that we have allocated 100% of the tickets

> available that matched any of the requests. Also please realize that the

> London Organizing Committee is the entity that decides the allocation of

> tickets amongst the various country, and we simply act as an agent to sell

> what is allocated.

>

> Top 5 Sports Requested and Expected Results from Ballot Process

>

> 1. Swimming - We expect to confirm 4.65% of the tickets requested

>

> 2. Athletics - We expect to confirm 20.05% of the tickets requested

>

> 3. Gymnastics Artistic - We expect to confirm 5.62% of the tickets

> requested

>

> 4. Football - We expect to confirm 26.69% of the tickets requested

>

> 5. Tennis - We expect to confirm 14.08% of the tickets requested

>

> Top 5 Sessions/Categories Oversubscribed and Expected Results from Ballot

> Process

>

> 1. July 27, 2012 - ZO001 - Opening Ceremony - (CAT C) - We expect to

> confirm 0.13% of the tickets requested

> 2. July 31, 2012 - GA008 - Gymnastics Artistic - (CAT E)- We expect to

> confirm 0.69% of the tickets requested

> 3. August 2, 2012 - GA010 - Gymnastics Artistic - (CAT E) - We expect

> to confirm 0.72% of the tickets requested

> 4. August 5, 2012 - AT005 - Athletics - (CAT D) - We expect to confirm

> 1.12% of the tickets requested

> 5. July 29, 2012 - SW004 - Swimming - (CAT D) - We expect to confirm

> 4.80 % of the tickets requested

>

I reckon we should've tried CoSport Dave. Any news from Lee or anyone else?

I am gutted! I have been allocated less than 5% of my total order. It looks as though I have only got 2 tickets to either the water polo, hockey or track cycling based on the difference between my available and current balance on my bank account. It really annoys me how UK residents get to know what they have been allocated after overseas people. I also don't get it because everyone I know in the UK has been screwed compared to those from overseas using national organisations. I am really annoyed at how this has all panned out. Wish I had tried to get tickets elsewhere now. I really didn't do my homework and thought this was the best route. :(

I am gutted! I have been allocated less than 5% of my total order. It looks as though I have only got 2 tickets to either the water polo, hockey or track cycling based on the difference between my available and current balance on my bank account. It really annoys me how UK residents get to know what they have been allocated after overseas people. I also don't get it because everyone I know in the UK has been screwed compared to those from overseas using national organisations. I am really annoyed at how this has all panned out. Wish I had tried to get tickets elsewhere now. I really didn't do my homework and thought this was the best route. :(

Honestly Lee you choice the best route. And one thing I learned from Vancouver is that just because you didn't get a lot of tickets in the ballot phase (I got 9%) doesn't mean you won't get tickets through the additional live sales. Also remember CoSport only had 36,000 tickets requests for Canada, that is a hell of a lot easier to process than the millions of ticket requests from the UK and the EU.

I can sympathize because of my experience with the initial ballot phase of Vancouver, but there are plenty of opportunities to get tickets. Just maybe not for swimming and track cycling.

Any Americans out there heard anything from CoSport yet this week?

Heard from CoSport today and very, very disappointed! Got only 1 set of tickets out of 8 requested, for Canoeing Sprint. Not worth going to London for one event, so probably won't even accept those.

£126 just left my account; I was really hoping my maths was wrong but that's exactly what I'd expected checking my balances yesterday. Oh well, will keep an eye out for second round sales. :(

Lots of prelims for handball and basketball and wot not in our £2200 application and hardly any medal events, so I thought we might get more than that. Will be very annoyed if there's any empty seats at London 2012. I expect a great atmosphere. B)

welcome to the boards CTG!!!

Will you try to get tickets in another round?

Thanks! Not sure, I'm bitterly disappointed today :( Especially since we got all tickets we requested for Torino from Cosport. Will probably check out the next live sale to see how exhorbitantly priced the remaining tickets are.

Honestly Lee you choice the best route. And one thing I learned from Vancouver is that just because you didn't get a lot of tickets in the ballot phase (I got 9%) doesn't mean you won't get tickets through the additional live sales. Also remember CoSport only had 36,000 tickets requests for Canada, that is a hell of a lot easier to process than the millions of ticket requests from the UK and the EU.

I can sympathize because of my experience with the initial ballot phase of Vancouver, but there are plenty of opportunities to get tickets. Just maybe not for swimming and track cycling.

Ditto that. I've gone from having almost no tickets in the first allotment to ending up with a lot of great events. I did this for two home Olympics (Atlanta and Salt Lake City). The initial ballot is just the first of many opportunities. You're in the pool with access to the biggest overall chunk of tickets available, so that will eventually work to your advantage. There will be rounds of live sales. People will bail and put their tickets up for sale. Sponsors will turn some tickets back in. Bottom line is just be diligent, do some homework on some of the other legal European ticket avenues as well, and I think you'll be successful ultimately.

Ditto that. I've gone from having almost no tickets in the first allotment to ending up with a lot of great events. I did this for two home Olympics (Atlanta and Salt Lake City). The initial ballot is just the first of many opportunities. You're in the pool with access to the biggest overall chunk of tickets available, so that will eventually work to your advantage. There will be rounds of live sales. People will bail and put their tickets up for sale. Sponsors will turn some tickets back in. Bottom line is just be diligent, do some homework on some of the other legal European ticket avenues as well, and I think you'll be successful ultimately.

worship.gif

I'll take this as gospel and be optimistic; I'm really not fussed what I go and see as long as I'm there for three or four events. At least I know I've got 1 ticket so far which is better than some; I read in the paper today a quarter of applicants got nothing.

I've been through this process many times (7 previous Olympics) and have found that what Faster and FiveRing have said is correct. My CoSport order came back today with only 2 events (Badminton and Wrestling) confirmed. And while I'm not at all happy about that, I'll wait to see what the rest of my family got from their various orders and go back through the procedure again. We've pretty much always gotten enough good events to fill our days for all of the days we've attended. My initial order for Atlanta came back with absolutely nothing, and I ended up attending an average of 2 events per day for the entire Olympics, with no tickets purchased at over face value.

Will be very annoyed if there's any empty seats at London 2012.

For a number of reasons there have been empty seats at every Olympic event I've ever attended. Even often great swaths of them at purportedly "sold out" premium events. For one thing the "Olympic family" members have seats held for them at pretty much all events, so that there will always be a good seat available for them should they decide to show up.

Because I paid in cash, I won’t find out until next month, reading some of the reports on here it sounds a bit odd that the percentage of tickets people are getting are so low when not all the events were over subscribed.

I remain optimistic about getting a ticket for the opening ceremony though. hmmm

I'm feeling a bit disheartened now! I've been checking my credit card about four times a day in the hope that some money will have gone, but nothing....

Does this basically mean I haven't been successful at all? I applied for about 15 different sessions, granted they were all finals and for popular sports, but I thought I'd get at least one of them!

Like most of you on here, I've followed London2012 right from the bid stage and to not get anything would be so annoying!

I guess I'll just have to keep hoping...

With Beijing I got 5 out of 19 requested tickets through CoSport in the initial phase.

By the time the Games started I had tickets for 47 sessions and ended up giving away tickets in Beijing to the locals who had no hope of getting any tickets.

The live sales period is the best time as allotments and rejections are factored in and the availability is there. CoSport has time to shuffle tickets around their countries and thus I didn't even bother with the first round this time.

With Beijing I got 5 out of 19 requested tickets through CoSport in the initial phase.

By the time the Games started I had tickets for 47 sessions and ended up giving away tickets in Beijing to the locals who had no hope of getting any tickets.

The live sales period is the best time as allotments and rejections are factored in and the availability is there. CoSport has time to shuffle tickets around their countries and thus I didn't even bother with the first round this time.

I was actually wondering if you had decided to go to London. I remember you saying it didn't interest you too much.

If I had gotten a rowing ticket I would have been a lot happier.

Archived