Alpine slope

Of course China and Japan have no reason to come to Korea if they have their own facilities! Yeesh! The market you advertise to is Koreans. Also, you would have only the 2nd sliding track in Asia, which would be a big reason to come to Korea, not to mention if the fees are lower than Japan's sliding track at Nagano, then more so reason to come!

The problem with China, is it's most likely location, Harbin is too far away from the slopes. Not to mention it's unlikely that the IOC would want to go there again after the "human rights" fiasco of Beijing (Protests and all, as well as lack of freedom for the press).

Japan's ski resorts doesn't use any artificial snow at all.

They have a world-class conditions.

China Harbin Yabuli is the largest resort in Asia.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're point? There's many world class ski slopes in Europe and the US that need the use of artificial snow. So, PeyongChang lacks snow, can't deny them because of that...

I suggest that you go to Yamagata-Zao in Japan.

Again, Korea mountain conditions itself are bad. For ski resorts in Korea, the highest mountains are located about 1500m above sea level. Korea have just 18 resort. Additional development is virtually impossible. All ski resorts are relying solely on artificial snow.

Korea can't make downhill course.

Pyeongchang Korea's largest)

- Gariwang 1,561m (Primeval Forest and National Forest, Under current law, any development is illegal, )

- Jungbong 1,433m in the Gariwang (Primeval Forest and National Forest, Under current law, any development is illegal)

Muju (Korea's second-largest)

- Dokyu 1,614m (National Park and Unsuitable to host according to FIS inspection report)

- South-Dokyu 1,507m (Unsuitable to host according to FIS inspection report)

Any other place conditions are not satisfied.

Again, Korea mountain conditions itself are bad. For ski resorts in Korea, the highest mountains are located about 1500m above sea level. Korea have just 18 resort. Additional development is virtually impossible. All ski resorts are relying solely on artificial snow.

I'm agree with Nature on this point, Korea can't develop it's winter industry with only 18 resorts and moreover its resorts are too small to become international resorts... And the geographia of Korea isn't good to develop more resorts on its terictory... Only China could develop its market because China has lot of mountains regions with good condition... Korea is too restricted to become an international winter market like Japan.

For the future of Asia.

If you need to develop the Asian market, China is better to give a faster opportunity. There is no reason to give to Korea with environmental and financial problems. Winter sports loving country has not held for 80 years. Germany has huge potential for marketing.

I'm agree with Nature on this point, Korea can't develop it's winter industry with only 18 resorts and moreover its resorts are too small to become international resorts... And the geographia of Korea isn't good to develop more resorts on its terictory... Only China could develop its market because China has lot of mountains regions with good condition... Korea is too restricted to become an international winter market like Japan.

STUPID, IGNORANT reply as always.

STUPID, IGNORANT reply as always.

You are STUPID AND IGNORANT

It's a fact with only 18 ski resorts and moreover small ski resorts Korea can't become an international market. Moreover their National market is very limited with 18 ski resorts. To compare France (60 Millions people) has more than 200 ski resorts, Switzerland (8 Millions people) has more than 200 ski resort, Norway (5 Millions people) has more than 50 ski resorts so... And without the possibility to build more ski resorts, never Korean market become a new market...

It's a mathematical arguements,

You are STUPID AND IGNORANT

It's a fact with only 18 ski resorts and moreover small ski resorts Korea can't become an international market. Moreover their National market is very limited with 18 ski resorts. To compare France (60 Millions people) has more than 200 ski resorts, Switzerland (8 Millions people) has more than 200 ski resort, Norway (5 Millions people) has more than 50 ski resorts so... And without the possibility to build more ski resorts, never Korean market become a new market...

That's why they're building Jungbong. And Korea doesn't need 200 ski resorts, we're not competing with France or Switzerland. We will never be a winter-mad nation like Switzerland (but who is? Even Switzerland would laugh at France). Korea wants to serve Koreans and other Asians. Maybe you think Korean mountains are a joke, but they are actually very good to serve people from other Asian countries, excluding Japan. Korea would be a good alternative for Japan. China is still many years away from being able to help serve the rest of Asia. I don't think you understand how far away China is from being able to provide the basic infrastructure to be a winter market. They will get there one day, but it will take a while.

Would you please stop to tell a lie.

Serve other Asians ? Who ? :blink:

Japan and Korea are not comparable.

There are no foreigners that coming to Korea for skiing in the winter. China and Japan or any Asian have no reason to come to Korea in the winter. Japan and China's conditions are better than Korea. Rather, a lot of Koreans going to Japan for skiing and snowboard.

You really don't know ?

Have a little faith in your country you moron.

Korea didn't get to where they are today by cowering under fear like you do.

Have a little faith in your country you moron.

Korea didn't get to where they are today by cowering under fear like you do.

:blink:

Japan's ski resorts doesn't use any artificial snow at all.

Yamagata Zao Snow Monster.

yamagata-zao-onsen-b.jpg

image_readmed_2010_719032_1293345534356166.jpg

snow-monsters.jpg

Hakuba

hakuba-photo-2.jpg

Hakuba_Back_Country.jpg

First, what about the 50 million Koreans who can stay in Korea to ski and snowboard.

Second, if Southeast Asians are going to ski/board elsewhere because they have no resorts of their own, do you really think they will refuse Korean mountains? Korea is already popular with Asian tourists, some of them will choose Korea over Japan by personal preference the same way someone might choose Norway over France.

Third, China isn't ready to serve the Asian market yet, because their basic infrastructure needs to be improved. From everything to roads to toilets to food safety. Korea is way ahead in that regard.

Fourth, I still can't see why having great winter sports facilities in BOTH Japan and Korea is such a bad thing.

Fifth, what about all the other winter sports like ski jumping, sliding sports and the ice sports? Don't you think Korea will be great for that?

That's why they're building Jungbong. And Korea doesn't need 200 ski resorts, we're not competing with France or Switzerland. We will never be a winter-mad nation like Switzerland (but who is? Even Switzerland would laugh at France). Korea wants to serve Koreans and other Asians. Maybe you think Korean mountains are a joke, but they are actually very good to serve people from other Asian countries, excluding Japan. Korea would be a good alternative for Japan. China is still many years away from being able to help serve the rest of Asia. I don't think you understand how far away China is from being able to provide the basic infrastructure to be a winter market. They will get there one day, but it will take a while.

France have the most important Winter industry in Europe and the more important ski resorts... Even Switzerland, Austria and Italia aren't very far...

About Asia, China has a best potential than Korea, actually China has more ski resorts than Korea and lot of industrial winter companies choose China to develop their business in Asia... Ski resorts in China are bigger than Korea... Which are the customer of Korea for ski? Oceania? No they have New Zelland and Australia to practice ski, China? no they have their own ski resorts, Japanese? No... Who? Arabic Gulf? No Russia is nearest and better... Except Korean nobody will go to Korea to practice winter activity... With only 18 ski resorts and very small resorts you can't have an important market, it's mathematical... Some friends of me who are practice ski in Korea explain me your resorts are too small and too populated to be attractive... How would you like satisfy this problem...?

Moreover rich customer would like more than ski on slopes, they would like practice Freeride ski, in Korea it's impossible... The new Eldorado about freeride ski is Russia and Middle Orient (Kazhakstan...), in Asia actually it is Japan and China could be the new Asia Eldorado about Freeski and if you can't offer dream to your customer you couldn't be attractive.

First, what about the 50 million Koreans who can stay in Korea to ski and snowboard.

Second, if Southeast Asians are going to ski/board elsewhere because they have no resorts of their own, do you really think they will refuse Korean mountains? Korea is already popular with Asian tourists, some of them will choose Korea over Japan by personal preference the same way someone might choose Norway over France.

Third, China isn't ready to serve the Asian market yet, because their basic infrastructure needs to be improved. From everything to roads to toilets to food safety. Korea is way ahead in that regard.

Fourth, I still can't see why having great winter sports facilities in BOTH Japan and Korea is such a bad thing.

Fifth, what about all the other winter sports like ski jumping, sliding sports and the ice sports? Don't you think Korea will be great for that?

The popularity of winter sports in Korea is low, In addition, there is minimal capacity itself. Korea can't afford to additional development. Because no mountains.

Korea mountain and snow conditions itself are bad. All ski resorts are relying solely on artificial snow. No one's come to Korea for skiing in the winter. I guarantee it. A lot of Koreas go to Japan each year. Asian market is still small. can't grow a short time due to geography and climate problem. If you need to develop the Asian market, China is better to give a faster opportunity. There is no reason to give to Korea.

Pyeongchang Alpensia have just short "6" slope. :blink:

Even the Koreans don't go to Alpensis for skiing. :D

You can practice sliding sport even in Dubaï. You can build ice cluster everywhere on the world...

China are very develop in winter industry, your critics about China are false... Some European Hotel companies has choose China too build their own winter resorts (Like ClubMed near to Harbin)

Do you think lot of people practice ski jumping in Asia? Even in Europe isn't a argument to attract customers... If you have 100 people in Asia who would like to practice ski jumping it is lot of....

The only thing whom attract people it's the size of ski resorts and its atmosphere and authenticity, the quality of the slopes (very important) and the size of ski area and the quality of the snow (very important), and if you don't trust me ask to professional, it's like this in Europe, I don't think it's different in Asia, people want the best. In this case the best it's Japan, and China could become the new horizon in Asia, but Korea will stay after this 2 countries and Korea stay in first a national market... no International.

China Harbin Yabuli is the largest resort in Asia.

Potentially Winter sports population in Asia is Fantasy Number. Snow is absent in Southeast Asia, South Asia, Middle East.

For the future of Asia, will go to Harbin.

Of Course, Pakistan-Karachi, Northern-India have snow. However, development is still a long story.

France have the most important Winter industry in Europe and the more important ski resorts... Even Switzerland, Austria and Italia aren't very far...

About Asia, China has a best potential than Korea, actually China has more ski resorts than Korea and lot of industrial winter companies choose China to develop their business in Asia... Ski resorts in China are bigger than Korea... Which are the customer of Korea for ski? Oceania? No they have New Zelland and Australia to practice ski, China? no they have their own ski resorts, Japanese? No... Who? Arabic Gulf? No Russia is nearest and better... Except Korean nobody will go to Korea to practice winter activity... With only 18 ski resorts and very small resorts you can't have an important market, it's mathematical... Some friends of me who are practice ski in Korea explain me your resorts are too small and too populated to be attractive... How would you like satisfy this problem...?

Moreover rich customer would like more than ski on slopes, they would like practice Freeride ski, in Korea it's impossible... The new Eldorado about freeride ski is Russia and Middle Orient (Kazhakstan...), in Asia actually it is Japan and China could be the new Asia Eldorado about Freeski and if you can't offer dream to your customer you couldn't be attractive.

Aussies skiing in Korea

Oh gee, I thought Australians didn't go to Korea. :rolleyes:

China is not ready to serve the foreign market. You remember all the work they had to do in the capital city Beijing to convert their squat toilets to sit-down toilets? And all the other work they had to do to make Beijing foreigner-friendly? That's NOTHING compared to the rest of China. Give them time. Korea in 2018, and China next time. China isn't going anywhere, they don't mind waiting.

Ok, I'm going to simplify this for you nuts.

Even just in Korea, there's 50 million people. 50 million people in a developed country. That is a HUGE market for the IOC to ignore. China will have its turn one day. Imagine when all of Japan, Korea and China are truly interested in winter sports. You guys keep saying interest is low in Korea. Well, that is the whole freaking point about giving Korea the chance to host the Winter Games. To increase interest.

And there are other winter sports too. There is only ONE country in Asia with a bobsleigh track: Japan. Asia is severely lacking in winter sports facilities. Everything from ski jumping to bobsleigh to curling venues to skating rinks. What's the damn harm in having BOTH Japan AND Korea being winter sports hubs for Asia? What is so bad about increasing interest around the world for winter sports? If Pyeongchang inspires more Koreans to take up winter sports, maybe one day we won't have to hear your arrogant insults about how Korea sucks all the time.

Ok, I'm going to simplify this for you nuts.

Even just in Korea, there's 50 million people. 50 million people in a developed country. That is a HUGE market for the IOC to ignore. China will have its turn one day. Imagine when all of Japan, Korea and China are truly interested in winter sports. You guys keep saying interest is low in Korea. Well, that is the whole freaking point about giving Korea the chance to host the Winter Games. To increase interest.

You don't understand... Ok you have 50 millions people and it could be interesting market but you have only 18 ski resorts and these ski resorts are very small to compare international standard... You can't exploit 50 millions customer with only 18 ski resorts, you have need about 50 ski resorts to start to become an interesting market and more than 100 ski resorts to become an important market... Moreover you have need to be attractive, and without lot of snow (for your information there aren't lot of snowfall in Korea during winter) and without high mountains (max 1500m) it could be very difficult to become an attractive place about winter sports...

If you don't understand that I can't to do something for you, but if Korea would like to become the new Horizon you have need something else than you can't found in Korea... Soory for you but never Korea could be in the same level than Europe, USA or Japan...

You don't understand... Ok you have 50 millions people and it could be interesting market but you have only 18 ski resorts and these ski resorts are very small to compare international standard... You can't exploit 50 millions customer with only 18 ski resorts, you have need about 50 ski resorts to start to become an interesting market and more than 100 ski resorts to become an important market... Moreover you have need to be attractive, and without lot of snow (for your information there aren't lot of snowfall in Korea during winter) and without high mountains (max 1500m) it could be very difficult to become an attractive place about winter sports...

If you don't understand that I can't to do something for you, but if Korea would like to become the new Horizon you have need something else than you can't found in Korea... Soory for you but never Korea could be in the same level than Europe, USA or Japan...

I understand perfectly. Listen up. Just worry about yourself ok? Korea will be just fine. Korea has improved leaps and bounds in the last 20 years, and their Olympic performances this past decade prove it. I'm not just talking skating. I'm talking about most sports. Look at how they're finally competing in bobsleigh and snowboarding, FINALLY, at the Winter Games. Korea hasn't reached their potential, they'll continue to get better, building a winter sports tradition that goes along with it.

So just worry about yourself. Just make sure you do your part so that France doesn't get left behind in the dust when the new winter nations, Korea, China, Australia and always-improving powers Canada and the USA overtake you.

Sounds like the resorts in Korea will be incredibly successfully with 50 million local skiers. I can only imagine how many future Korean Olympians will be inspired to slide, jump, ski and board when they are exposed these facilities and the Olympic Spirit in their back yard.

I understand perfectly. Listen up. Just worry about yourself ok? Korea will be just fine. Korea has improved leaps and bounds in the last 20 years, and their Olympic performances this past decade prove it. I'm not just talking skating. I'm talking about most sports. Look at how they're finally competing in bobsleigh and snowboarding, FINALLY, at the Winter Games. Korea hasn't reached their potential, they'll continue to get better, building a winter sports tradition that goes along with it.

So just worry about yourself. Just make sure you do your part so that France doesn't get left behind in the dust when the new winter nations, Korea, China, Australia and always-improving powers Canada and the USA overtake you.

Don't be obsessed by it,

And, Please stop all kinds of lies.

The Olympics is not important at all.

Korea doesn't have international standards rink.

What is more important ?

Moreover, Pyeongchang have huge environmental and financial problems.

Winter sports powerhouse Germany, Russia, Finland, Sweden was not held. Russia 2014 future...

:rolleyes:

USA are already better than France in WOG, but never Korea, Australia could become better than France, you don't have the potential... Except ice skating never you will be strong in Freestyle ski or Snowboard or Alpine ski...

but about ski resorts size I have some example for you :

These ski resorts aren't the bigger in France :

la-clusaz.jpg

plan-pistes-les-deux-alpes.jpg

57.jpeg

Archived