Alpine slope

Of course Sestrière (Turin) has a perfect Alpine ski slope and mountains are perfect to organize Alpine race, it's the same about Salt lake city, Vancouver and Sotchi. But PC don't have this kind of mountains whom are too small and not very steep

BROKEN RECORD!! It doesn't matter. How many IOC members are downhill skiers? 2 or 3? The WHOLE WINTER Games are NOT centered on those ridiculous slopes! Those stupid slopes of yours make up only 12% in the typical IOC members' minds and decision-making process!! I bet the African, Asian, Caribbean IOC members don't EVEN get out to your stupid slopes, Tulsa. So they don't give a rat's ass about whether your irrelelvant slopes are perfect or NOT!!

Next NEW argument!!

Do you see Mr. Slopes why you will NEVER be on the IOC? You have a very little mind. You don't see the bigger, universal picture.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BROKEN RECORD!! It doesn't matter. How many IOC members are downhill skiers? 2 or 3? The WHOLE WINTER Games are NOT centered on those ridiculous slopes! Those stupid slopes of yours make up only 12% in the typical IOC members' minds and decision-making process!! I bet the African, Asian, Caribbean IOC members don't EVEN get out to your stupid slopes, Tulsa. So they don't give a rat's ass about whether your irrelelvant slopes are perfect or NOT!!

Next NEW argument!!

Do you see Mr. Slopes why you will NEVER be on the IOC? You have a very little mind. You don't see the bigger, universal picture.

To get further to the point, the IOC is happy with Korea's slopes.

Next NEW argument!!

Stop you stupidity, what's the interest to have boring venues or slopes not exciting ??? PC mountains aren't able to host good Alpine race !!! it's a fact, have you ever seen Alpine race ??? No, I don't think !!! You don't love sport, your only a speculator...

Stupid slopes? Stupid snow? Stupid full stadium??? Stop your studpidity, do you think people want to watch boring venue and boring race because stupid people like want to go in country where the condition are the worst to host WoG???

Stop you stupidity, what's the interest to have boring venues or slopes not exciting ??? PC mountains aren't able to host good Alpine race !!! it's a fact, have you ever seen Alpine race ??? No, I don't think !!! You don't love sport, your only a speculator...

Stupid slopes? Stupid snow? Stupid full stadium??? Stop your studpidity, do you think people want to watch boring venue and boring race because stupid people like want to go in country where the condition are the worst to host WoG???

The IOC Evaluation Commission didn't have any members from Africa, South America and Asia (except Japan), the very same places you like to insult all the time. The Commission was made up primarily of Europeans and North Americans. People, according to you, who know winter sports. They are happy with Pyeongchang. Are you going to call THEM stupid too?

The IOC Evaluation Commission didn't have any members from Africa, South America and Asia (except Japan), the very same places you like to insult all the time. The Commission was made up primarily of Europeans and North Americans. People, according to you, who know winter sports. They are happy with Pyeongchang. Are you going to call THEM stupid too?

Thank you Samsung to be a major sponsor !! without that never you could arrive in the short list since 2010.

You don't have snow, you don't have mountains only hills, you don't have supporters in your stadium and you don't able to organize in good condition some winter events. Korea is definitively a bad place to host WOG !!!

Pyeongchang downhill venue is the primeval forest. There are many rare plants and trees are living. Under current law, development is illegal. This is not the Olympic spirit.

Please consider Pyeongchang's environment, financial issue... and athletes...

is not good for Korea ... really ...

In Korea, the mountain conditions itself are bad. For ski resorts in Korea, the highest mountains are located about 1500m above sea level. (The highest normal mountain is 1950m).

As mentioned several times, The mountains in Korea, can't create downhill course. Pyeongchang-Jungbong is ONLY possible. But, There is the primeval forest. Under current law, any development is illegal. Moreover, Pyeongchang-Jungbong is just 1433m above sea level. Korea's market is not likely to grow as well as adverse conditions.

It's means Korea can't host Winter Olympics.

Around Pyeongchang: Mt. Gariwang-Jungbong forest reserve with less than 1500m.

20110606104011_B_M0006_1.jpg

201012138743h_2010121327621.jpg

IE001275448_MT.jpgIE001275449_MT.jpgIE001275451_MT.jpg

Thank you Samsung to be a major sponsor !! without that never you could arrive in the short list since 2010.

You don't have snow, you don't have mountains only hills, you don't have supporters in your stadium and you don't able to organize in good condition some winter events. Korea is definitively a bad place to host WOG !!!

And THANK YOU for insulting Gunilla Lindberg and the rest of the Evaluation Commission, who YOU think doesn't have the capacity to make their own judgments regardless of who Olympic sponsors are.

Incredible shot of the Alpensia ski jump @ 1:16...just amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTV_XQTWPHs&NR=1

Pyeongchang downhill venue is the primeval forest. There are many rare plants and trees are living. Under current law, development is illegal. This is not the Olympic spirit.

Alpensia resort have debt 800 million dollars, a few days ago, the audit results by the government auditors; Alpensia resort constructed without considering the feasibility, Excessive construction despite the expected loss from investment, $140,000 loss of interest everyday. Gangwon province development corporation has liabilities 1.3 billion dollars including Alpensia 800 million due to Alpensia resort construction and the 2018 bid. An Additional government spending must stop for the 2018 Olympics. I can imagine the situation enough after the Olympics.

Sweden, Germany, Finland, Russia is a winter sports powerhouse without the Winter Olympics. Korea's infrastructure was nothing before 2005. 2005 means Alpensia resort for 2018 bid. Construction cost was 1.5 billion dolloar. This business was propelled by force only for the Olympics bid. As a result, Now, have debt 800 million dollars, plus $140,000 loss of interest everyday

Try as you may to smear the plan, the PC downhill looks formidable, fresh, dramatic and young. Everything about PC seems fresh and young and exciting and positive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1zm2tAgEg&feature=related

:rolleyes:

First some pictures in the video come from other Alpine Slopes in the world...

Second it isn't a mountains but a hill where there is the slope, and moreover snow condition are worst compare to Chamonix or Garmish.

What do you prefer a real Alpine slope ( in the Alps) in front of Mont Blanc or an artificial slope on a hill with artificial snow?

If you are honest the Alpine venue in PC is the worst against Munich and Annecy and everybody who follow Alpine race can confirm that !!! Chamonix slope is consider like Top 5 slopes in the world.

First some pictures in the video come from other Alpine Slopes in the world...

Second it isn't a mountains but a hill where there is the slope, and moreover snow condition are worst compare to Chamonix or Garmish.

What do you prefer a real Alpine slope ( in the Alps) in front of Mont Blanc or an artificial slope on a hill with artificial snow?

If you are honest the Alpine venue in PC is the worst against Munich and Annecy and everybody who follow Alpine race can confirm that !!! Chamonix slope is consider like Top 5 slopes in the world.

That's not the downhill venue in the video.

That's not the downhill venue in the video.

Sorry. I mean at the very end, that last scene.

OOOPS. THIS IS EMBARRASSING. I meant in the 2nd video.

Jungbong IS the site of the downhill venue, and it looks wonderful.

I've considered it and I think they should GO FOR IT KOREA!

The NEW downhill venue looks fantastic, the sooner the better!!!!!

The new sliding center also looks fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIshz7pJvY&feature=related

More great shots of the Alpensia jump.......amazing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AsQpxhfS8s&NR=1

...good luck to all the bids.

The NEW downhill venue

In Korea, the mountain conditions itself are bad. For ski resorts in Korea, the highest mountains are located about 1500m above sea level. (The highest normal mountain is 1950m).

As mentioned several times, The mountains in Korea, can't create downhill course. Pyeongchang-Jungbong is ONLY possible. But, There is the primeval forest. Under current law, any development is illegal. Moreover, Pyeongchang-Jungbong is just 1433m above sea level. Korea's market is not likely to grow as well as adverse conditions.

It's means Korea can't host Winter Olympics.

Around Pyeongchang: Mt. Gariwang-Jungbong forest reserve with less than 1500m.

20110606104011_B_M0006_1.jpg

201012138743h_2010121327621.jpg

IE001275448_MT.jpgIE001275449_MT.jpgIE001275451_MT.jpg

Something is funny in PC bid, the name Alpensia come from Alps, it's scandalous to call this kind of venue Alp... Never a korean is come in Alps to understand the difference between real mountains and hills

Let me post this here in case anyone missed it on the other threads:

The stupid slope argument of broken-record Tulsa:

1. The WHOLE WINTER Games are NOT centered on those ridiculous slopes! Those stupid slopes of yours make up only about 12% in the typical IOC members' mind and decision-making process!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

2. How many IOC members are downhill skiers? 3 or 4? And of those, we know that Killy CANNOT vote for Annency; Italian di Centa I think will vote for PyeongChang to protect Rome 2020 from the rear. Princess Anne and Prince Albert will probably cancel each other out. Therefore, who of the IOC members will buy your quite shoddy argument, Tulsie, hmmmmmmm?

3. As for the great majority of the IOC members, I'd bet my chalet in Chamonix :lol: that the African, Asian, Caribbean IOC members don't EVEN get out to your oh-so-groomed slopes, Tulsa. They probably prefer to attend the Figure Skating, Curling and Hockey events in town and stay warm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

4. That's why they hold the Medals Ceremonies in the Town plazas so that the non-winter IOC members can at least show their faces and give out medals WITHOUT having to wake up early and schlep to those ridiculously HIGH mountains of Tulsa; and be back in time to attend the next elegant dinner at the 4-star hotel.

So the majority of the IOC voters don't give a rat's ass about whether your slopes are perfect or NOT!! So this insistent, ridiculous argument of yours about Annency having the best slopes is TOTALLY USELESS and IRRELEVANT in this race, Tulsie.

Do you see, Mr. Bojangles, why you will NEVER be on the IOC? You cannot think strategically or universally! B)

Just because the Kandahar is top 5....I don't want to return to only 5 slopes for the eternity of the Olympic games. This is not the Olympic way, it's about reaching out to new horizons as much as embracing tradition. No one argues France is wonderful and the Alps are stunning, we have known this for hundreds of years, now we can also embrace new ideas too. We have a high quality bid from a new horizon, with stunning new venues and incredible support form and enthusiasm from the host country, I do not feel these things from the French bid regardless of the beauty of Chamonix and the legacy of Kandahar.

Good luck though.

Something is funny in PC bid, the name Alpensia come from Alps, it's scandalous to call this kind of venue Alp... Never a korean is come in Alps to understand the difference between real mountains and hills

Asia's Alps = Alpnesia

with 1433m above sea Level and just short 6 slope ?

with debt 800 million dollar ?

Stop ! bidding !

Wonderful videos Paul!

I can't wait to see the Jungbong downhill alpine venue in action!

And the Alpensia sliding centre looks GREAT as well!

Beautiful stuff!

I'm sure you have look at all the venue videos at You-tube. But if anyone has not you should follow this video to you tube and see all the venue videos.

This is the most youthful and exciting bid of the 3, with lots of really cool venues and an incredible compact plan. The Jungbong downhill (though feared here by some members) is a formidable and exciting new venue that will be developed.....the sooner the better, the plan looks amazing. For me this bid is be far the most interesting, I wish PC well, and good luck to the other 2 bids too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1zm2tAgEg&feature=related

FOR THE LAST TIME.

ALPENSIA IS NOT THE SITE OF DOWNHILL SKIING.

IT'S THE SITE FOR SKI JUMPING, SLIDING AND NORDIC SPORTS.

JUNGBONG IS THE ALPINE SKIING VENUE.

Do you understand?

Pour la derniere temps, Alpensia n'est pas le venue pour le ski alpin.

C'est la venue pour saut a ski, bobsleigh, skeleton, luge, et les nordiques.

Jungbong est la venue pour le ski alpin, PAS Alpensia.

Est-ce que tu comprends?

Archived