Durban Bid Logo Comp

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to get in...but my home computer's infected so I don't know when I can submit it. I will work on the art work this weekend. But if it's OK, Rols and everyone, can you move the d/line to March 31...just to be sure? I hope my home com's going to be working in a week.

Of course, if I get it fixed sooner than that, will let the board know.

Thanks to everyone, too.

I'd like to get in...but my home computer's infected so I don't know when I can submit it. I will work on the art work this weekend. But if it's OK, Rols and everyone, can you move the d/line to March 31...just to be sure? I hope my home com's going to be working in a week.

Of course, if I get it fixed sooner than that, will let the board know.

Thanks to everyone, too.

You asked nicely, so fair enough, M. Gives me time to do my evaluation report.

Actually, I was just wondering - there's some great bid posters and application renders of the logos there. What do people think if we do two polls/comps - one for best logo overall, and one for best bid poster/graphic?

The Durban 2020 App

iphoneap.jpg

It has a news section, info on the bid, info on the city ie. what to do, where to go where to eat etc. It also houses a map so you can see where the bid supporters are all over the world and finally it has a virtual vuvuzela so you can make some noise for the bid wherever you are.

OK, we're on sked. My cousin fixed my computer last night in about an hour. He's a WHIZ!! Worked on my logo today.

So here it is!!

Durban2020_logo.jpg

The steps leading up signifies a podium.

As you well know, I only handraw, pencil, ink and magic marker my art...so it is rough. Maybe I'm a little raw or overdone on the colors (old magic markers)...but you get the idea. (Maybe Danny you could clean it up again?)

16ixfgj.jpg

i design it cant use that drawing programmes.. just i get in my ming what may represent africa is zebra pattern and africa continent and colour black. search it on google find st similar change a bit and ta daaaaa :P

but its nice i guess...

i mean ... " i didnt design" sorry forgot to add didnt part....

I got mine in FIRST and notice, I DON'T use any of those COMPUTERIZED programs!! :P

That's technically wrong. You must have scanned it in using a COMPUTERIZED program or uploaded the DIGITAL image from your camera using, what else? A COMPUTERIZED PROGRAM! It might not be the one's we're using, but you get the point. :P

That's technically wrong. You must have scanned it in using a COMPUTERIZED program or uploaded the DIGITAL image from your camera using, what else? A COMPUTERIZED PROGRAM! It might not be the one's we're using, but you get the point. :P

Of course, silly. How else could it be posted here.

I won't even bother explaining the difference to you. :P

Archived