FIFA Women's U17 World Cup - Costa Rica 2014

From Agencies

Costa Rica to host women's World Cup under-17 in 2014

Xinhua

Updated: 2011-03-04 05:55:00

Comments(0) PrintMail

Large Medium Small

SAN JOSE, March 3 (Xinhua) -- The Federation International of Football Associations (FIFA) on Thursday said that Costa Rica will host the women's World Cup under-17 in 2014, becoming the first Central American country to host an event of this kind.

President of the Costa Rican soccer Federation (Fedefutbol) Eduardo Li said that he is pleased with this appointment for Costa Rica to host the World Cup.

Hosting this event will place Costa Rica's name at world level, he said.

"Now we have to work to give the message that we know how to do things and organize them well," he said.

Li also called on the people to be united, not only for the soccer, but in Central America, to host this event.

He added that they will make a special group to coordinate the organization and about September or October they will have the first meeting with the FIFA to present the proposal.

The first women's under-17 World Cup was hosted in New Zealand in 2008 with DPR Korea being the winners.

Two years later, the World Cup was hosted in Trinidad and Tobago as South Korea became the winners.

http://www0.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/2011-03-04/content_1925456.html

The stadiums that might be used (obviously some of them will be renovated):

Nuevo Estadio Nacional - San Jose

san_jose_nacional1.jpg

Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto - Alajuela

alajuela_soto1.jpg

Estadio Edgardo Baltodano - Liberia

liberia2.jpg

A new stadium in El Roble - Puntarenas (The original idea was to use Lito Pérez Stadium in Central Puntarenas (the one from the picture), but it was discarded due to lack of space and reglamentary measures in the field)

P1020790.JPG

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey all! I was looking for FIFA U-17 Women’s World cup championship details but I couldn’t find it anywhere, until I find this blog of PureVPN. It has all the information including day to day schedule of all events and a list of all online broadcasting channels. You can give it a read and I bet you will find it very helpful.

Does fifa.com work?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived