IOC Members Visit Wibledon

Michelle

Tennis-loving IOC members have been invited to Wimbledon to view for themselves London's proposed venue for the Olympic tennis tournament in 2012.

The half-dozen IOC members will be the guests of the All England Club next week but London 2012 bid leaders hope the visits will be perfectly timed with the vote for the Olympic hosts taking place the following week.

London 2012 have flags and banners inside Wimbledon - though not around the courts - and on the approaches to the venue. There are also plans on Saturday to develop an Olympic bid theme around Henman Hill using a giant London 2012 banner and visits from bid ambassadors.

Bid leaders will also be working with the BBC to try to secure some coverage that will be beamed around the world on television.

London 2012 communications director Mike Lee told the Press Association: ``The All-England club have been very helpful and positive in their support for the bid and we have a good presence in and around Wimbledon.

``This tournament reminds the whole world of the UK's ability to stage major events and also what a fantastic venue Wimbledon would be for the Olympic tennis tournament in 2012.''

:idea:

It's been wonderful to see Wimbledon bathed in sunshine the first 2 days. I understand its to continue until Friday, with next week being more "unsettled"...

But what would Wimbledon be without the occasional rain break? It would be like gamesbids.com without Me :P

not so much sunshine for Justine - just read she lost her 1st round match today :verysad:

Andy Roddick cruised by today - oh if there was a man I'd kidnap and handcuff to my bed and be like Kathy Bates in the movie Misery for, it's Andy! :devil:

meant to also add that Wimbledon is a truly great event and the All-England Lawn and Tennis Club would make a fascinating venue for 2012 tennis!  

Wimbledon and the US Open are my two favorite tennis tourneys - Flushing Meadows is loud and crazy with the planes and the pushy New Yorkers screaming - Wimbledon is refined and proper!   The two extremes are so fun to watch!

Lets hope there's a British player still in next week

that Henman match was to much

Murry played well but he can be very erratic

-----------

thought IOC members weren't allowed to visit biding citys

Not that Im complaining

Sounds great.

But what would Wimbledon be without the occasional rain break? It would be like gamesbids.com without Me :P

So true, sweetie.  You, the rain; and me, the sunshine!  :laughlong:  The positive (B) and the negative (M); the yin and yang of GB!!

:D The Laural and Hardy show more luke it!!! :wwww: LOL

Archived