Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nature

Legacy,Tradition vs New Horizons.

2014-2016 New Horizons.

2018 Should be given the opportunity to country has a winter sports tradition.

Deutschland hava a inner winter sports tradition.

Munich 1972 Summer - 2018 Winter using the same veunes.

Olympic legacy and sustainable olympic model.

Money can not buy tradition.

:lol:

96992959_large.jpg

Ice_Hockey_Fans.jpg

Anyway I support Munich.

i agree

Germany hosted many really succesfully WorldCup events and WorldChampionships in the past

German helped WinterSport to become really big.

to give the Olympic Games to Munich would be the only right outcome.

PC may be a new market, but they should start to host more WorldCup events and more Worldchampionships to proof there is interest in southKorea for Wintersport beside Shorttrack.

The Olympics also live form the special Atmosphere, and German Wintersport Events always had a great Audience and Atmosphere.

PC hosted the Biathlon 2-3 years ago, and i guess the didn´t sold more then 1000 Tickets.

If the IOC goes really to SouthKorea then they are not much better then FIFA

If the IOC goes really to SouthKorea then they are not much better then FIFA

Baloney. Munich already hosted a BOTCHED Olympics; the legacy from those Games are there. WHy should it have another chance? Why shouldn't another area of the world get a shot at it?

What is the COMPELLING reason to give it to Munich over PC? That's what I'm missing in Munich's bid.

Should be after athletes development, making the tradition.

2014 Sochi and 2016 Rio giving the opportunity.

We are always neglected tradition.

German last games in 1972, Korean 1988.

Rather, the chance of Germany.

In 1988 Korean was host and Handball gold medals.

However, It took 23 years tobuild the Handball-only stadium.

100% invested in large company.

Korean olympic host did not help for athletes training conditions.

South Korea is not interested in tradition.

1997 Winter Universiade held in Korean. Ski jumping Park stadium was built.

But, Ski jumping still four ahtletes only.

New Horizons is false.

What is the COMPELLING reason to give it to Munich over PC? That's what I'm missing in Munich's bid.

I think that is exactly not good from the bid team to rank its bid in comparision with the other bids - you should give reason, why the IOC should choose its bid nothing more nothing less - and that was what the Munich bid team did - e.g.:

- the athletes will get the best conditions to participate

- Germany is well experienced to host international winter sports events in different olympic/paralympic winter sports

- Germany is one of the major winter sports nations

- Munich is full of legacy of 72 and 2018 would add another chapter and create a new legacy

- Germany will be a fantastic host

Munich is the best bid. This is not up for debate.

Don't forget Annecy... France have a very strong bid... And there is a legacy and a strong tradition in France... And Now Annecy bid is more compact than Munich...

Don't forget Annecy... France have a very strong bid... And there is a legacy and a strong tradition in France... And Now Annecy bid is more compact than Munich...

Don't forget PyongChang. They have NEVER hosted a WOGs yet are a good member of the Olympic family!! And remember 2018 is a year ending in "8" -- reserved for Asia!! ;)

Don't forget PyongChang. They have NEVER hosted a WOGs yet are a good member of the Olympic family!! And remember 2018 is a year ending in "8" -- reserved for Asia!! ;)

"NEVER"

Germany 1936 Games hosted.

Just 28 countries participated. Very smaller scale.

80 years since then.

Virtually "NEVER" hosted.

Why should be held in Pyeongchang?

Just New Horizons, Just New Market. Just Never Hosted.

It's so boring.

I think PC 2018 only for politicians Olympics,

only for real estate speculators Olympics.

Alpensia resort have 700 million dollars.

Never judge by appearance!!

Alpensia resort have liabilities 700 million dollar.

"NEVER"

Germany 1936 Games hosted.

Just 28 countries participated. Very smaller scale.

80 years since then.

Virtually "NEVER" hosted.

Why should be held in Pyeongchang?

Just New Horizons, Just New Market. Just Never Hosted.

It's so boring.

I think PC 2018 only for politicians Olympics,

only for real estate speculators Olympics.

Never judge by appearance!!

Alpensia resort have liabilities 700 million dollar.

Eh!! Phony reasons...NOT COMPELLING enough.

Why should Germany host ANOTHER WOG (it already had one in 1936) when a new nation hasn't?

PC are the WoG of Politician and speculator, nobody wants WOG in Korea, no sexy, no interesting... Worst Games

Munich are the WoG of big city, not in mountain, no sexy and like Turin, Vancouver... So boring we have already seen this kind of games

Annecy the difference, charming place, respectful and the real authenticity in the heart of mountains... What else? :lol:

PC would be wrong

SouthKorea is not interested in Wintersport beside Short-Track and Speed-Skating and maybe Figure Skating.

They just want it for her reputation.

We would see more white elephants, and most likly the worst number of spectators we have ever seen at WOG.

IOC will get what they ask for.

We would see more white elephants

Well, it's new frontiers for white elephants, too. They don't have those in South Korea. But it's OK, the while elephnats will blend in with the snow, so not too visible. ;)

Ya know...Europe does NOT have a monolopy on winter and snow. Other cultures live, enjoy and express themselves too in their snowy seasons. Or perhaps you haven't traveled farther than your own country, cube? :(

There's no right or wrong answer to the old new frontiers versus sports powers rivalry. Supporters of bids with strong sports traditions and excellent technical bids will always feel cheated if a rival wins primarily on the basis of it just being a new location, while supporters of aspiring new frontiers bidders will always feel they're not being given a fair opportunity if a powerful rival who's hosted before beats them. What does tend to happen, is the IOC tried to balance both sides and share hostings out between the sides.

I'd love to see Munich win, but nobody can deny that PC has a strong case as well. I guess we'll see in July if PC's new frontiers case is compelling enough for the IOC.

I think PC has done it's due diligence and deserves to win. They have gone above and beyond for over a decade, and have delivered on all promises to the IOC. Their venue plan (all within 30min radius) and the hosts enthusiasm and effort could make PC the most festive and exciting atmosphere. Europe is undeniably superior in many ways regarding winter sport history and geography, but I just have a funny feeling about Munich. Will it be another metropolitan games with lack of mountain/winter atmosphere and a long haul up the hill to the alpine venues?

I don't really see PC as being able to play the "new frontier" card. No, South Korea hasn't hosted the Winter Games, but they did host in '88. Plus, Asia is finally getting it's turn in the spotlight: Seoul, Nagano, Beijing.

PC is a far cry from the novelty of Rio, Durban, Doha, Delhi or Istanbul.

That said, it's difficult to imagine that the IOC won't choose PC for 2018. It is their 3rd highly competent bid, the public support is through the roof, South Korean winter athletes make a bigger splash every year and an Asian Winter Games fits well into the continental rotation, allowing 2020 to go back to Europe or to Africa.

I really like the looks of Munich, but I suspect they'll come up with the short end of the stick.

An Asian Winter Games fits well into the continental rotation, allowing 2020 to go back to Europe or to Africa.

I really like the looks of Munich, but I suspect they'll come up with the short end of the stick.

Yeah, that's one factor that keeps coming back to me whenever I try to assess the 2018 bidders chances - PC leaves so many more options open for 2020 (and 2022) than if either Munich (or Annecy) get up.

More and more, while my heart says Munich, my head's insisting it's PC.

I just have a funny feeling about Munich. Will it be another metropolitan games with lack of mountain/winter atmosphere and a long haul up the hill to the alpine venues?

I do not agree.

You're mistaken.

The other cities almost same.

Gangneung/PC, Vancouver/Whistler, Sochi/Krasnaya

PC/Gangneung is a very smaller city.

Munich, more people can enjoy than. B)

It's not a big difference between 30km and 60km.

Sweden is winter sports strong country.

But they failed 6-times in a row.

3-times no problem.

Gunilla Lindberg will support the Munich. :rolleyes:

Sweden is winter sports strong country.

But they failed 6-times in a row.

3-times no problem.

Or Annecy... If nordic countries want keep a chance for future Bid they need to have a city like Annecy win WoG, if CIO choose Munich, the small city will be definitively out of race for future...

Annecy is in the race and if PC or Munich don't consider that, it's an important risk for them to consider Annecy out of Race, remember Riio, Sotchi... moreover France want this games and the french can defeat other bid. Annecy offer 2 pole with some of the world reference in kind of reception and capacity for WoG... PC is less stronger than Munich or Annecy... And isn't the right choice to CIO

:rolleyes:

Next...

It's not a big difference between 30km and 60km.

Well then, neither is 50om and 100km.

This is definitely a Faster prediction. ;)

:rolleyes:

Next...

Definitely you are stupid.. You think to be the only guy's to know everything on WoG ? <_<

Looking beyong the WOGs (which i have never even watched), i gather from a Durban/Istanbul perspective, a Munich/Annecy win would be much better for their 2020 chances?

Definitely you are stupid.. You think to be the only guy's to know everything on WoG ? <_<

Pot calling the kettle black. And you're the EXACT opposite. You know NOTHING at all about how the game is played--forever showing your ignorance on the matter. :(

Pot calling the kettle black. And you're the EXACT opposite. You know NOTHING at all about how the game is played--forever showing your ignorance on the matter. :(

What do you no about WoG, are you an expert? :rolleyes: I don't think...

What do you know about Munich, Annecy or PC except what do you read on some paper or on Gamesbid? I'm not sure you have everything to be categoric about Annecy bid

I live in Annecy, I know munich and garmish and I have lot of friend who know Korea, and ski in Asia... I have some informatiosn about this 3 bids...

Some people here think race to 2018 is only between Munich and PC...why because Annecy had have some difficult to begin?

Remember Sotchi or Rio, remember Chicago who are the favorite to 2016... Sweden try 4 times to host WoG and they loose every time... Why PC could win? in Asia Korea isn't a good destination to WoG...