A gallimaufry of London 2012 bits

Rob2012

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flags are all up in the stadium too at the back of the upper tier. We had some amusement trying to identify them all at rehearsals at the weekend. Let's put it this way, we'll be much better after we've practiced the Parade of Athletes a few more times!

Oooh - might see if there's a iOS version... although phones out in Stadium is a no no!

I got sent these today - very unofficial biscuits decorated as medals and sports icons. Almost too good looking to eat!

Medals.jpg

It's still showing... it finishes at midnight!

Thanks for letting me know but my brain is dead I think and I'm off to bed in a minute. I was late in starting to watch the VP documentary and have only just finished. Perhaps it will be on iplayer?

Just turned it off for bed. I had forgotten loads of those clips like the Seoul boxing brawl. The Victoria Pendleton programme on BBC 1 earlier was great too. Good night for Olympic TV

She has such great personality and easy on the eyes too. Wonderful athlete hope she wins gold again before she retires

Just turned it off for bed. I had forgotten loads of those clips like the Seoul boxing brawl. The Victoria Pendleton programme on BBC 1 earlier was great too. Good night for Olympic TV

Another corker of a signature Davey!

I've been following as a guest for years and always noticed how witty and uplifting they are!

She has such great personality and easy on the eyes too. Wonderful athlete hope she wins gold again before she retires

Do you not think as well that the documentary made it quite clear why things haven't been quite as goods they have been in Team GB Cycing? Opened my eyes anyway but maybe I have been sleeping though! :wacko:

Another corker of a signature Davey!

I've been following as a guest for years and always noticed how witty and uplifting they are!

Yeah, Davey's sure got my anticipation up for what's to come.

Maybe I should commission him to do my Oly blog signature banner - I've been starting, and discarding, attempts all week!

What do you reckon Davey?

Yeah, Davey's sure got my anticipation up for what's to come.

Maybe I should commission him to do my Oly blog signature banner - I've been starting, and discarding, attempts all week!

What do you reckon Davey?

Just please remove the cordelia sex toy thing - I'm having nightmares! :unsure:

oooh thank you all for you Jase and Rols. When the games are over I think Im going into retirement. I started all this because I didnt think the 2012 brand was being shown at its best. As of late I have been really happy with how the brand has evolved so feel my work is done.

I have a massive passion for London, Great Britain and these games in the city I love so Im not sure other games will drive my creative juices.

What I hope you will see in the next few days is probably the simplest of ideas unfolding, but Im very proud of it and hope its a fitting lead up to the London games. : )

between India and Ireland

Alias its one of three flags (Iran, Saudi Arabia and Mexico) that havent been "logoed". Dont know why

Thanks.

That explains why they didn't logo Iran... and possibly SA, But Mexico??

I know Mexican don't like their flag being messed with - I've actually reported on an incident a few years ago where Australian Big Brother had a Mexican themed task which involved throwing food at their flag which Mexicans didn't take to that kindly.

Anyone else watching BBC3 right now?

Top 50 Olympics' Most Amazing Moments. Light hearted look over past Olympiads.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b01l22by

All these overweight obviously non-sport comedians in their 20s and 30s recalling the events of the 1972 Olympics for us - great. I've nothing against taking a light hearted look and it was a really enjoyable show, but would rather have seen people I believed cared about the Olympics commenting on them - maybe current Team GB members rather than the usual Olympic alumni.

I think it was you who said that they are no longer worried about what people think about the games. I feel similar to that. Of course I don't want to force people to enjoy themselves but if it's moaning for moanings sake then I really couldn't give a damn about them. I know I will enjoy myself and I can see for myself just what a marvelous transformation has taken place. I don't recognise my own London borough.

I think it was you who said that they are no longer worried about what people think about the games. I feel similar to that. Of course I don't want to force people to enjoy themselves but if it's moaning for moanings sake then I really couldn't give a damn about them. I know I will enjoy myself and I can see for myself just what a marvelous transformation has taken place. I don't recognise my own London borough.

Lee - that's exactly what I was thinking the other day - it's been a great journey!!

Archived