A gallimaufry of London 2012 bits

Rob2012

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over sized individually designed mascots have started appearing as part of the Mayor of London Presents Cultural Trails. I think the idea is to follow the routes and discover areas you may not visit when visiting London and get local snippets of information off the mascotts as you go, or just have your picture taken with them.

This one is at Guildhall

photoedc.jpg

We had elephants in London a couple of years ago too. And then Easter eggs this year before the Wenlocks.

Between them and the old phone boxes, there will be lots for people to watch out for on the streets.

Went to collect my ticket at the Olympic Park gate this morning. There's already such a hype around there. A lot of Games makers walking around, volunteers stationed at various points giving directions and lots of people with accreditation pass hanging around and also lots of army in uniform. I have no doubt about the security at all. All getting real now!

Went to collect my ticket at the Olympic Park gate this morning. There's already such a hype around there. A lot of Games makers walking around, volunteers stationed at various points giving directions and lots of people with accreditation pass hanging around and also lots of army in uniform. I have no doubt about the security at all. All getting real now!

Its good to hear some positive news as everything from the media over the past few days has been pretty negative!

10 days to go guys, 10 DAYS!!!!! Will be down to single digit countdown tomorrow, unbelievable!

I watched the Athens 2004 OC opening segment countdown again, literally have goosebumps imagining I will be there myself next Friday!

Tell me about it! I've been counting down at work since day 100 with a fresh desktop wallpaper every day which are now all in a little collage showing every image that I've used. I can't believe that I'm onto the final row and single digits...

And last weekend's rehearsal when we started doing some of the Parade of Athletes with music blaring while I stood looking out at the stands made me bounce with excitement. I think I could have flown home that night! Strange mixture of exhilaration and mild terror!

Have we had a welcome ceremony yet?

I read somewhere that the first welcome ceremony was going to be the British Virgin Island. Not sure when though.

http://www.london2012.com/news/articles/team-welcome-ceremonies-greet-athletes-the-world.html

between India and Ireland

Alias its one of three flags (Iran, Saudi Arabia and Mexico) that havent been "logoed". Dont know why

Didn't Iran complain that the logo was spelling out Zion or something and they asked the IOC to make London change it?

That explains why they didn't logo Iran... and possibly SA, But Mexico??

Anyway, I could waste hours looking at those flag. First two questions that pop out:

1) What's the order? Alphabetical in (French?). Close in English, but far from exact. Eyeballing the "I's" we have

Indonesia, India, Iran, Ireland, Iraq, Iceland, Israel, ???, Italy

2) What's between Israel and Italy.

That explains why they didn't logo Iran... and possibly SA, But Mexico??

Anyway, I could waste hours looking at those flag. First two questions that pop out:

1) What's the order? Alphabetical in (French?). Close in English, but far from exact. Eyeballing the "I's" we have

Indonesia, India, Iran, Ireland, Iraq, Iceland, Israel, ???, Italy

2) What's between Israel and Italy.

US Virgin Islands

150px-Flag_of_the_United_States_Virgin_Islands.svg.png

looks like they are following the IOC Codes order

http://en.wikipedia....C_country_codes

Archived