A gallimaufry of London 2012 bits

Rob2012

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was a little too CGI. If you're going to have athletes in it, have real ones rather than animated ones that look just a little-off. It's quite reminiscent of the TFL Underground posters that show the athletes on Tubes etc.

I do like the final scene of it with London encapsulated within the Stadium.

I thought it was a little too CGI. If you're going to have athletes in it, have real ones rather than animated ones that look just a little-off. It's quite reminiscent of the TFL Underground posters that show the athletes on Tubes etc.

I do like the final scene of it with London encapsulated within the Stadium.

Like the final scene too, where the hilly landscape is in front of the cityscape. Almost give you an impression of the green pleasant land scene in the opening ceremony

I think a possible problem is the Vancouver and Beijing were so styalised and obviously not trying to look real.

Loads of comments on the BBC website are complaining about the CGI elements and asking why real people were not used. I think they think bits of it are real, and that they wernt watching an animated sequence.

The full 2min 40secs version of the the trail will be broadcast at 19.30 BST on Tuesday 3 July on BBC One with 60, 40, 30 and five second edits used throughout the campaign.

Saw the countdown teaser just after the news basically it is an overhead view of the stadium with x days to go.

Ive seen a visual of the shard laser show that will happen Thursday, it looks like beams of light from the shard will radiate to hit other landmarks like the gherkin and St Pauls. Creating shards across the whole of London. Is this a taster for the Opening Ceremony. One can hope : )

http://www.lighting.co.uk/news/light-show-to-celebrate-londons-shard/8632461.article?blocktitle=Latest-News&contentID=2650

Most exciting new building on earth.

I wonder if lasers will play a larger roll in the ceremonies, it strikes me that this is a unique opportunity to display "the look" in spectacular three dimmentional ways.

This must be it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3LvNekI5_Go" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that didn't work, i was trying to embed this clip

I LOVE IT that we can all counting down the DAYS now! Not months, not years, but DAYS!! :) :)

Anyone knows if there will be anything going on in Trafalgar Square during the Olympics since now we know that it will only be used as Live Sites in Paralympics too?

I understand safety of large crowd is their concern, but Trafalgar Sq is such an ideal location for live sites given it's location and atmosphere. For those working in Central London and tourists alike, I have been expecting to just pop into Traf Sq after work during the Games to watch all the live coverage together with the crowd. Quite disappointed it's not going to happen now. I wouldn't make all the way to Hyde Park, or worse Victoria Park just to see the live screening, they are too out of the way. Just don't see the logic if their aim is to create a big celebratory public screen in Central London. And now they are moving all in a more 'manageable' park environment. Surely London can cope with big crowd in Traf Sq? Come on it's just two weeks. Sorry I just need to rant it cos' nightly Traf Sq crowd watching the Games live has been on my mind for years as that's what I imagine I will be soaking up the spirit and atmosphere of the Games every night after work. I don't even see why would anyone go all the way to Vic Park except for residents in the nearby neighbourhood!

Archived