A gallimaufry of London 2012 bits

Rob2012

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder why with all these giant rings they don't paint the other face eg. blue front face, red back face. Then at least it won't be a blank ring if viewed on the other side

im not quite understanding what you your saying. the rings are the olympic colors on both sides

I thought the colour is just one one side, like the one in St. Pancras

i would say these are probably the most prominent rings of them all in london so being that they will be viewed from both sides they had to make colors on both sides. cant wait to see how they will look at night

Theres loads of stuff in this news bulletin I had no idea about

In an announcement to mark one month until the Olympic Games, LOCOG has revealed plans to entertain and educate spectators, reflecting the London 2012 vision of connecting more young people with sport.

A unique music programme called ‘Rock the Games’ is being created for the Olympic Games, featuring live performances and exclusive new recorded tracks from various artists.

http://www.london2012.com/news/articles/london-2012-annouces-plans-entertain-and-educate-spectators.html

Not Olympic related but ooooooh

And to celebrate the official inauguration of The Shard, on Thursday July 5th you can watch a spectacular laser and light show from The Shard that is set to light up the London night sky at approximately 10.15pm. If you're in London make sure you get to a vantage point where you can see The Shard. If not, you can watch the whole event live at: www.the-shard.com

another rock? :wacko:

Calm down . If we're all lucky there will be some dubstep in there aswell. ;)

Im guessing this is more of your taste, so sit down and grab yourself a nice cup of tea and enjoy. :D

Well the Chemical Brothers certainly don't do rock, and the Elton John calibration won't be. The track Im least looking forward to is Dizzy Rascal. I remembering him saying a few years back that the Olympic Park construction was ruining his manor.......but if they wanted him for the opening ceremony he was free. Idiot

Archived