A gallimaufry of London 2012 bits

Rob2012

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_58759993_014117305-1.jpg

Oh well, missed opportunity I think. They appear somewhat isolated, and stick out like a sore thumb!! We all assumed they would hang from the bridge, in some way or another.

They should have placed these somewhere else.

Yeah, not a fan of that myself. Floating rings on the Thames. Suppose it's better than the syringes and dog poos currently floating there.

Yeah, not a fan of that myself. Floating rings on the Thames. Suppose it's better than the syringes and dog poos currently floating there.

Just read this from the Huffington Post

"The Rings on the River are to go into storage until the start of the Olympics, when they will again appear on the Thames."

It appears this sore thumb is going away :)

Just read this from the Huffington Post

"The Rings on the River are to go into storage until the start of the Olympics, when they will again appear on the Thames."

It appears this sore thumb is going away :)

Thank God. Tower Bridge is an iconic structure absolutely perfect for placing the Olympic rings on.

Oh wait, are they coming back onto the river?

Thank God. Tower Bridge is an iconic structure absolutely perfect for placing the Olympic rings on.

Oh wait, are they coming back onto the river?

it appears there are no plans to 'hang' the rings on the Bridge. I think, this is as good as it gets!!

But this may change, as the rings would look amazing on Tower Bridge.

The rings move around the river, that isn't a static position for them in that Tower Bridge photo!

It's a brilliant idea- getting as many landmarks along the London riverside into a photo with the rings before they are moved into the Park.

Unfortunately the tide meant they couldn't go further than London Bridge but will be back at some point to promote Festival events.

Archived