A gallimaufry of London 2012 bits

Rob2012

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh. So low-tech. Hmmmmmm.

I get the impression you've never been one to say positive things about London's preparations.

Those rings must be gigantic as the arch of the station is massive

They are! 70x30 feet. The ones on the Eye will be bigger though.

5497534228_57fe9c7cd9_b.jpg

I am pretty sure the ring at the London Eye will be unveiled in this years new year's eve countdown. Thats always been the spot for Londons new year countdown anyway, whats a better time to unveil that to welcome in the olympic year!

That Adele performance was amazing, best performance of the night. She silenced the whole of the O2, who knows, she may perform at London 2012

She is indeed amazing, 100% worthy of London 2012 opening performer!

Does anyone know whats going on with the 500 days to go celebrations. Websites are saying the clock is to be unveiled on Monday, Im really annoyed cause I've arranged to visit on Tuesday. They dont like promoting their events do they. As these are everyones games, why dont they give peole that dont live and work in London a chance of celebrating these events and give us some details with a bit of notice!

She can still deliver a rousing, inspiring and touching performance. Not everything in an opening need to be upbeat, its not Blue Peter!

And they're going to hire downbeat performers? I don't think Bob Dylan was ever considered Ceremony material by any stretch of the imagination. Nah...I wouldn't hold my breath for Adele.

just been to trafalgar square at lunch - it is sited in the top left hand corner - where the 4th plinth is. it is under a massive white canvas cube at the moment. the rest of the square has been sectioned off for spectators. there is omega 2012 branding everywhere - there are also 2 big screens and a stage. will go down again tonight when i finish as i work about 2 mins away.

i agree with rob that the publicity around this has been shite - as it was for the Olympic rings at St Pancras. it is almost as though LOCOG are afraid of people turning out. they really need to step up with their comms - if rob hadn't pointed this event out i would have missed it.

there is nothing on the website - but then again the website is a bag of shite - come on locog - lets start to get into olympic mode - let the people at least know that events are going on!!

just been to trafalgar square at lunch - it is sited in the top left hand corner - where the 4th plinth is. it is under a massive white canvas cube at the moment. the rest of the square has been sectioned off for spectators. there is omega 2012 branding everywhere - there are also 2 big screens and a stage. will go down again tonight when i finish as i work about 2 mins away.

i agree with rob that the publicity around this has been shite - as it was for the Olympic rings at St Pancras. it is almost as though LOCOG are afraid of people turning out. they really need to step up with their comms - if rob hadn't pointed this event out i would have missed it.

there is nothing on the website - but then again the website is a bag of shite - come on locog - lets start to get into olympic mode - let the people at least know that events are going on!!

doh - i have mentioned rob's post here - but should be davey's! having a bad day!

Archived