The London Olympic Stadium

Rob2012

Yes I'm pretty sure there's a stage at either end under the screen, it's the norm for all ceremony. And they need somewhere to put the giant bell too!

That pic with the escalator looks really cool, like inside a mall than a stadium. Didn't know they have escalator in there, does it serve the VIP area only?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its directly under the VIP bit so I think it serves that area. Its really lovely all this white and black cladding some matt some gloss. I really like how the ceiling panels flow in the direction that you need to go in too

The seating areas arn't cramped at all theres ample space, and it feels intimate at the same time feeling gladatorial. Its bloody lovely

:lol:

There have though been test events this weekend (75k people were in the Park on Saturday) and the National Schools Championships inside the stadium concluded today. From tomorrow the stadium is sealed off from the public until the Opening Ceremony. Expecting things to accelerate now.

Photos of the stadium over the last few days, its Official Opening, plus some test events....

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=london+olympic+stadium&d=taken-20120504-&ct=0&mt=all&adv=1

• 2 weeks later...

:lol:

There have though been test events this weekend (75k people were in the Park on Saturday) and the National Schools Championships inside the stadium concluded today. From tomorrow the stadium is sealed off from the public until the Opening Ceremony. Expecting things to accelerate now.

Photos of the stadium over the last few days, its Official Opening, plus some test events....

http://www.flickr.co...=0&mt=all&adv=1

Thank you - it's all getting very real now, though a bit of a shame they didn't put on a bigger event to mark the opening of the stadium. I guess the medal ceremonies will be on the outside of the track then rather than on the in field. Didn't realise the home straight was designed like that - the crowd has been pushed rather far back really. and certainly further back than would be acceptable for football. It could be great for cricket though - not sure what the dimensions of a standard international test cricket pitch are in comparison to the size of an athletics track, but cricket could do with something in England to rival the MCG.

Hmmmm. It's ok. It's definitely an improvement. I'm a little bit underwhelmed. Lighting at night could make it very cool.

Yes, same here. It kind of looks like the wrap we'd seen in the CGI animations had kind of been burnt away and these strips are all we're left with.

Archived