The London Olympic Stadium

Rob2012

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Video of the view from the back row of the stadium shot by the BBC's James Pearce. The upper tier is much steeper than I thought looking at this film:

http://www.twitvid.com/EHILC

B)

IMHO, it doesn't look as steep as the upper tier at The O2

When I went to a concert at The O2, one of the staff looked at my ticket and said "parachutes at the ready!"

This park is gonna be amazing look at the landscaping at the bottom of this picture from the Evening Standard, it makes me wanna cry with joy.

olympic415.jpg

The upper level of seating at the Royal Albert hall is almost vertical (very vertigo educing)

I’m sure those with vertigo will manage the Olympic stadium.

snf1608a-682l_1145166a.jpg

One should add that this is still only a montage. I was shocked at first that they layed out the track so quickly.

See here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/3363296/Harry-Redknapps-QA-on-the-Spurs-stadium-bid.html ("WE'RE GAME ... how the Olympic Stadium will look")

Leyton Orient start legal fight with Premier League over West Ham Olympic move

Leyton Orient have today written to the Premier League and threatened to sue for "tens of millions of pounds" in damages if the governing body do not reconsider their decision to allow West Ham to move to the Olympic Stadium.

As Russell Slade's team prepared for tonight's FA Cup fifth-round replay at Arsenal, a nine-page document - seen by Standard Sport - was being sent to PL chief executive Richard Scudamore outlining Orient's case.

The club fear West Ham's move to the Olympic Stadium in Stratford - which is less than a mile from Brisbane Road - could cost them up to £1.5million a year, figures on which they will base their claim for damages. At the heart of Orient's case is their belief that the League have ignored their own rules by giving West Ham the go-ahead to move after the 2012 Games.

Section 6.5 of Rule I states that the League would allow a club to move grounds provided the switch "would not adversely affect clubs having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location".

Orient have asked the League to provide a response to their questions by March 8. They have made it clear that High Court action is a possibility if the League do not reverse their decision or explain more thoroughly how they reached it.

West Ham's plans to reduce dramatically ticket prices if they move to the Olympic Stadium have alarmed Orient, as they worry it would see them lose up to 30 per cent of their average crowd for home matches, with casual supporters lured by the low-cost tickets.

Orient chairman Barry Hearn wrote to the Premier League late in November to express his concerns, but it is thought he did not receive a reply before the League decided to sanction either West Ham's or Tottenham's move on December 9. Hearn then held talks with Scudamore on February 18.

Orient are represented by top sports law firm Mishcon de Reya. The League One club have already written to London Mayor Boris Johnson, Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt and Eric Pickles, the secretary of state for Communities and Local Government.

A 10-page document was despatched last Friday, with copies also going to West Ham and to the Olympic Park Legacy Company. Now, Orient have turned their sights on the League.

The club are confident they have a strong case as they believe the PL have made their decision too hurriedly.

A source close to the matter told Standard Sport: "The Premier League should be panicking.

"They have made the decision in a bit of a rush, especially when you consider West Ham's plans to reduce dramatically ticket prices.

"In sanctioning the move to the Olympic Stadium, the Premier League have made a decision that favours their own club and ignores a third party.

"Orient have a strong case both for a judicial review and for legal action."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23928034-leyton-orient-start-legal-fight-with-premier-league-over-west-ham-olympic-move.do

If they would want to cover some of those gates with seating, they wouldn't have built them. They certainly don't need them all for the athletics competition (actually, they don't even need one gate for that competition, since the race-walk and marathon events will arrive on the Mall and not at the stadium). But I suppose they need all those games to bring in and out all the props for the ceremonies. And not to forget: Her Majesty has to enter in her limousine (or carriage) through one of those gates!

If they would want to cover some of those gates with seating, they wouldn't have built them. They certainly don't need them all for the athletics competition (actually, they don't even need one gate for that competition, since the race-walk and marathon events will arrive on the Mall and not at the stadium). But I suppose they need all those games to bring in and out all the props for the ceremonies. And not to forget: Her Majesty has to enter in her limousine (or carriage) through one of those gates!

I can't see her arriving in a carriage or limo - this ain't the commonwealths - she will walk into the royal box - like the Spanish royal family did in Barcelona 1992?

Archived