Are the Alpine Skiing WCh a boost for the bid?

Westfale

Before Faster is critizising me for being too negative, I still think Munich has a slight chance to win this race.

But I expected more from the WCh. The athletes have critizied the slopes throughout the week. I was only able to watch it this weekend, but not even todays Womens downhill with a local hero as one of the favourite to win a medal was sold out. The weather is warm. The valley is green and the whole event lacks atmosphere.

Thats my impression.

I have a totally different point of view - the OC was fantastic, the responsibles for the slopes showed their skills to groom slopes to give athletes a fair competition in respect of the weather situation and the organisation seems to be good in general - but of course this successful WC isn't a guarantee at all that Munich reives the honour to host the Winter Olympics in 2018.

Before Faster is critizising me for being too negative, I still think Munich has a slight chance to win this race.

But I expected more from the WCh. The athletes have critizied the slopes throughout the week. I was only able to watch it this weekend, but not even todays Womens downhill with a local hero as one of the favourite to win a medal was sold out. The weather is warm. The valley is green and the whole event lacks atmosphere.

Thats my impression.

It's also my point of view, there were lot of criticism about Garmish this week, but the meteorology difficulties are the same for everybody this year... But effectively maybe is a handicap to Munich Bid...

• 2 weeks later...

well, if atmosphere in pre-events is a point the IOC cares about then the bid of PC would be already dead.

But the IOC really don´t care about stuff like this, and so the FIS-WorldChampionship wasn´t either good or bad for the Munich bid.

The IOC-Members will decide on other Facts

Archived