Ceremonies on UTube, Pt 2

baron-pierreIV

This is Opening Ceremony of 32nd Thailand National Youth Games "Suphanburi Games"

(Can't Watch in Germany because in Opening Ceremony use copyright song.)

Opening Ceremony of 32nd Thailand National Youth Games "Suphanburi Games"(Lighting the Cauldron Only)

Closing Ceremony of 32nd Thailand National Youth Games "Suphanburi Games"

Click->

The Opening and Closing Ceremonies of this games is organized by Comm.Arts Production(in Thailand aka. Supaksorn Team)

• 4 weeks later...

^^ The opening of the 1995 Pan Ams used to be at a website many years ago but it was taken down. It wasn't the full ceremony but for what I saw it wasn't really anything special, to be honest. Havana '91 ceremonies were far better.

I want to watch the 03 African Games one mostly because of the same staff who did the 2004 Paralympics and 1998 WC ceremonies.

Here are a couple of amateur recording of the 1995 Pan Am opening which shows some bits

What song did they sing when the Olympic Flag was raised-it didn't sound like the Olympic Anthem...sounded more like the Russian National Anthem.

The female English announcer was terrible!

The Olympic Anthem was buried in there somewhere, I think, but it did very much feel as if the Italians were trying to suggest that letting their Greek neighbours compose it was a bad idea.

Thanks, hiro! While I wasn't a big fan of the ceremony back then, I admit the forming of the Olympic Rings and the Parade of Nations with the disco music were pretty neat (I loved the placard girls). Futurism to Future segment was terrible, except for the Ferrari entrance. Pavarotti performance was without doubt one of the most memorable moments of the ceremony (even if he was using a backtrack to sing).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Australia's Seven Network's live presentation of the Beijing 2008 Opening Ceremony, its last one before temporarily loaning the Summer Olympics to the Nine Network and FOXTEL four years later but the former having the exclusive live one--and apparently commercial-free. Has the great intro set to Red Poppy's drum percussion theme, also shared by SBS at the time for the first Aussie HDTV Olympics and its 633+ shared hours. But minus the intro copyright that we now come to expect with at the beginning of every Aussie Olympic TV segment. Bruce McAveney, OC master (and international artistic advisor to Zhang Yimou back then) Ric Birch, Sonia Kruger, Sandy Roberts, and Rebecca Wilson were all there at the Bird's Nest as Matthew White stayed at Seven's Beijing studios. Doesn't include the Beijing 2008 Final Coutdown that came on 50 minutes prior and apparently only in NSW/ACT, Queensland, and NT. Really interesting that Australia appeared in this Opening Ceremony next to last before Zambia and hosts China due to the amount of strokes after accustomed to being around the early part of the parade:

TVB Hong Kong's pre-Opening Ceremony Cantonese coverage, also with its first HD Olympic presentation and in 5.1 stereo. There was a concert with performances of HK music artists (and dancing exercises with Disney characters) celebrating the Games at Disney World Hong Kong. What's interesting is there are three teams involved: a trio at the Birds Nest for the Opening Ceremony (two women and a guy), one team based in the Beijing studio (Carol Cheng, Hacken Lee, Alex Fong, and Dexter Yeung, and Nat Chan, Tracy Ip, Sharon Luk, and Jack Wu back manning the studio in Hong Kong. And I think the Water Twins of Gillian Chung and Charlene Choi were present in and out of the Bird's Nest. If I can get some more info on the team, I'll post them later. This is part 1 of that:

Found out thanks to translating the Russian version of the Moscow 1980 Olympics that the Lenin Stadium Opening Ceremony PA address announcers were Valentina Leontiev and Alexander Ivanitskii, who provided the traditional deep Russian bass voice and is still alive.

Hey I just found two videos on youtube - First is a short highlight video of the 1988 Paralympic Games in Seoul, which includes footage of the opening and closing ceremonies. Also, and I don't know if this is a repost, but the other is the complete Opening Ceremony of the 2011 Pan Am Games in full HD!

Part 2 of TVB's Beijing 2008 pre-Opening Ceremony live coverage broadcast for Hong Kong that features, among other things, an Olympic Live concert with singers and junior cheerleaders and a Dr. Bunson Honeydew and Beaker cameo at Hong Kong Disneyland to get ready. Judging from the Bird's Nest countdown clock shown here in this clip, this TVB programming lasted for around an hour:

Hi! I found a few more interesting videos on youtube -

First is the complete Closing Ceremony of the 2011 Pan Am Games in full HD!

Second is a nice long highlight film of the 1980 Paralympic Winter Games in Geilo, Norway - with footage of both the opening and closing ceremonies.

Last is a short AP video of the 1975 Pan Am Games with some footage of the opening ceremony and several track events.

Remember those Sochi 2014 Ceremonies at Fisht Stadium with the host Russian commentaries from VGTRK I uploaded not too long ago? The Sochi Opening Ceremonies are now back, and now we got two of them both on HDTV . First is the return of the VGTRK version that was live simulcasted on its channels Rossiya 1 and 2 (the latter being VGTRK's designated Olympic Channel now replaced by Match! TV), Rossiya-24 News, Sport, Sportbox.ru, Sport 1, Vesti-FM, and Lighthouse with commentary from its sports editor/biathlete sportscaster/Olympic studio anchor Dmitry Guberniev and Rossiya 1 daytime news host Anastasia ("Nadya") Chernobrovin. Both of which displayed lots of fun and enthusiasm during this "dream" experience. "We will rock you--Absolutely! LOL!" that Guberniev happily says :lol:

Channel One's version of Sochi's Opening Ceremony appears fully at last with co-hosts Kiril Nabutov and Anatoly Maximov. Note Perviy Kanal's One logo with an active flame next to it at the upper right hand corner. It's Nabutov's voice you'll hear first in this then Maximov's. We've already touched on Guberniev's misstep with the Uzbek delegation entering Fisht's underground. But that was nothing compared to what Maximov and Nabutov says here. Or snarked obnoxiously. These two misstook American skiier Heidi Kloser as a Paralympian who was hobbled with a torn femur and ACL from her qualification practice run. And saying a former Russian part now known as Finland that later fought against the Soviets in 1939-1940 that it was taught by Russians how to drink vodka. All continuing a patriotic Russian/Soviet TV sportscasting tradition of cheering for the right team (Russia) and spewing booing vitriol at the others, especially Americans and its allies. Particularly on subjective sports like gymnastics and diving. Apparently never apologized for it. Bias from a nation's sports commentary team is expected with a genuine wish to see their respective countrymen and women succeed. But the Russians take it to another explicit level. Furthermore, based on the previous version I put up here not long ago Channel One aired without the commentary, this was more OBS-produced:

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/02/12/russian-tv-announcers-display-bias-for-nations-athletes.html

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/02/06/russian-olympic-announcers-root-for-russians-pull-against-americans.html

We never see the sportscasters from VGTRK and Channel One at all throughout all this. Guess this is the need to keep the host broadcasting shots simulcasted but allowing the co-hosts be different with the Russian broadcast rights entities. However, we don't have as of yet NTV+'s from its co-hosts and biathlon sportscasters Vasili Utkin and Anna Dmitriev. Wish there's an English translation transcript to their commentaries. Yes, these Russian broadcasters do quickly cut to the dress rehearsal footage when the Olympic rings worked perfectly, though it takes a little longer by a few seconds for Channel One to do it compared to VGTRK. All the camera angles were almost very much exactly the same with co-production in association with ANO Panorama, though it seems Perviy Kanal utilized its own cameras in plenty of shots with help from OBS in the world feed. Did ANO Broadcasting Panorama get defunct well after Sochi? It could come in handy for Rio if possible for the same broadcasting clients.

Here is an interesting video - not youtube, but a great find:

Video extract from French TV broadcast of Grenoble 1968 Opening Ceremony with the complete speeches of the Organizing Committee President, IOC President Brundage, and President De Gaulle's opening declaration.

http://fresques.ina.fr/rhone-alpes/fiche-media/Rhona100350/ouverture-des-jo-d-hiver-par-le-general-de-gaulle.html

Sorry error in tying above link:

http://www.fresques.ina.fr/rhone-alpes/fiche-media/Rhona100350/ouverture-des-jo-d-hiver-par-le-general-de-gaulle.html

Sorry link still dosen't work. Try this one:

http://www.ina.fr/video/l00012745

Sorry, the links won't seem to work. The video IS there on the ina.fr website. Just search for the video called Discours du President de Gaulle a Grenoble - You should be able to locate it. Enjoy!

Remember those Sochi 2014 Ceremonies at Fisht Stadium with the host Russian commentaries from VGTRK I uploaded not too long ago? The Sochi Opening Ceremonies are now back, and now we got two of them both on HDTV . First is the return of the VGTRK version that was live simulcasted on its channels Rossiya 1 and 2 (the latter being VGTRK's designated Olympic Channel now replaced by Match! TV), Rossiya-24 News, Sport, Sportbox.ru, Sport 1, Vesti-FM, and Lighthouse with commentary from its sports editor/biathlete sportscaster/Olympic studio anchor Dmitry Guberniev and Rossiya 1 daytime news host Anastasia ("Nadya") Chernobrovin. Both of which displayed lots of fun and enthusiasm during this "dream" experience. "We will rock you--Absolutely! LOL!" that Guberniev happily says :lol:

Channel One's version of Sochi's Opening Ceremony appears fully at last with co-hosts Kiril Nabutov and Anatoly Maximov. Note Perviy Kanal's One logo with an active flame next to it at the upper right hand corner. It's Nabutov's voice you'll hear first in this then Maximov's. We've already touched on Guberniev's misstep with the Uzbek delegation entering Fisht's underground. But that was nothing compared to what Maximov and Nabutov says here. Or snarked obnoxiously. These two misstook American skiier Heidi Kloser as a Paralympian who was hobbled with a torn femur and ACL from her qualification practice run. And saying a former Russian part now known as Finland that later fought against the Soviets in 1939-1940 that it was taught by Russians how to drink vodka. All continuing a patriotic Russian/Soviet TV sportscasting tradition of cheering for the right team (Russia) and spewing booing vitriol at the others, especially Americans and its allies. Particularly on subjective sports like gymnastics and diving. Apparently never apologized for it. Bias from a nation's sports commentary team is expected with a genuine wish to see their respective countrymen and women succeed. But the Russians take it to another explicit level. Furthermore, based on the previous version I put up here not long ago Channel One aired without the commentary, this was more OBS-produced:

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/02/12/russian-tv-announcers-display-bias-for-nations-athletes.html

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/02/06/russian-olympic-announcers-root-for-russians-pull-against-americans.html

We never see the sportscasters from VGTRK and Channel One at all throughout all this. Guess this is the need to keep the host broadcasting shots simulcasted but allowing the co-hosts be different with the Russian broadcast rights entities. However, we don't have as of yet NTV+'s from its co-hosts and biathlon sportscasters Vasili Utkin and Anna Dmitriev. Wish there's an English translation transcript to their commentaries. Yes, these Russian broadcasters do quickly cut to the dress rehearsal footage when the Olympic rings worked perfectly, though it takes a little longer by a few seconds for Channel One to do it compared to VGTRK. All the camera angles were almost very much exactly the same with co-production in association with ANO Panorama, though it seems Perviy Kanal utilized its own cameras in plenty of shots with help from OBS in the world feed. Did ANO Broadcasting Panorama get defunct well after Sochi? It could come in handy for Rio if possible for the same broadcasting clients.

Holy f**k the commentators are insufferable! I don't think in the history of NBC airing the Olympic OCs has there been commentators that awful! Same goes with the Chinese commentators for the Beijing OC. Thank god that the Olympic youtube page still has the Sochi OC without any commentators!

Nice additional finds to here anyway.

Holy f**k the commentators are insufferable! I don't think in the history of NBC airing the Olympic OCs has there been commentators that awful! Same goes with the Chinese commentators for the Beijing OC. Thank god that the Olympic youtube page still has the Sochi OC without any commentators!

In my opinion the Channel One Russia duo was far worse in their insufferability than the VGTRK/RTR counterparts for the reasons I pointed out. Should be noted that Dmitry Guberniev on the VGTRK channels live simulcast made the mistake of calling the Uzbeks athletes for those coming from Tajikistan, who already march into Fisht Stadium, that prompted ire online in the Uzbek circles and on social media and subsequently made his apologies on that matter the next day wishing them well in competing. But he also mixed up the Dominican Republic with the one-person team from fellow West Indies island Dominica. Worse, he mistook Monaco with Mongolia and Iceland with Ireland. I like Guberniev but...With his rich sports experience, he should've known better in making distinctions of those nations, especially those Central Asian nations very near from his Russian orbit since they were all part of the Soviet Union after all. Yeah, you do have the option now again to watch both Sochi 2014 ceremonies without the commentary--the IOC OBS world feed and the Channel One one produced in association with OBS and Panorama.

Guberniev is no longer the VGTRK/RTR sports editor with the demise of Rossiya 2, then the designated FTA sports channel and Olympic Channel, and was replaced with Match! TV last year. But he still is with VGTRK as a staff member still working as a biathlon commentator, host of All For The Match!, and Biathlon with Dmitry Guberniev all as an advisor to the General Director of Russia-1. He also hosts on Che the entertainment contest Man vs. Flies.

As for Anastasia Chernobrovina, Russia-1's Russia Morning co-host and VGTRK Opening Ceremony co-host, she won a "Taffy" otherwise called a TEFI-2015 almost exactly year ago with her partner Vladislav Zavyalov as Best Morning Program Leads in the daytime category.

Want more Dmitry Guberniev? Sure you do! Just him commentating in London two years earlier for the Opening Ceremony at the soon to be home of West Ham United in London's East End. He gets a kick out of Queen Elizabeth II meeting up with Daniel Craig's James Bond at Buckingham Palace en route to open the Olympic Games in the Happy and Glorious BBC short film. Also we don't get to see the full London countdown here, except for the last second in an overhead shot of the Olympic Stadium and from the scoreboards, like with many broadcasters. Plus the audio quality channel tends to go up and down whenever Guberniev speaks or not. Oh, and the IOC signage doesn't go into the Russian alphabet like it does two years later. Taken from Sport-1 but was surely simulcasted on the VGTRK channels like Rossiya-2 and Rossiya-24:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amTsO8DntCE

And I got the Sochi 2014 Closing Ceremony also taken from Russian media. Obviously taken from the Internet with the audio options and produced by ANO Panorama. But it has no commentary except for the Fisht stadium PA system and includes the 30-minute pre-show with Channel One late night TV talk show host, multiinstrumental recording artist, and former MTV Russia personality Ivan Urgant and his English-speaking partner Yana Churikova emceeing with band Gorki Park, an all-female geriatric 7-member group (name escapes me here too), guiding the audience interactivity, saluting the volunteers and Krasnodar, and the Kuban Choir as they reprise their roles from the Opening Ceremony--and wearing the same outfits. I also chose this one because it has DJ KTO performing the athletes' afterparty for a good 20-minute period before the signal goes off. Did I mention that Urgant is a huge Jimmy Fallon fan? About as complete as it gets with the pre-show and DJ KTO: