Sign in to follow this  
baron-pierreIV

Ceremonies on UTube, Pt 2

^^ For what I saw, it seems that at least Atlanta 96 opening was aired without commercials so we can see a bit more which wasn't shown on NBC broadcast (which cut some parts like the "Strike up the Band" part after the national anthem, and most of it, many countries at the parade of nations).

I guess John Williams did a bunch of music for Atlanta....was he the musical director? Anyway...that Centennial Olympic theme is absolutely brilliant, I didn't know it was from Atlanta. I think it's one of the best most majestic and inspirational Olympic songs every written, no surprise coming form JW.

There were many music directors and composers for the Atlanta ceremonies. John Williams just directed and composed Summon the Heroes. Tradition of the Games (used during the greek temple sequence) was directed and composed by Basil Poliderus (the guy who did the soundtrack of Conan the Barbarian). Mark Watters composed the tracks Summertime for the Celebration of South America Segment, as well for March Through Time (the previous hosts flags sequence).

Athens 2004 opening ceremony (well, only the first hour of it for some reason) as seen from Televisa.

The full handover to Lima 2019 at Toronto 2015 closing, now without commentaries and on HD

Oh, I didn't knew Anima Inc. did the handover. They are a mexican company which also did the surprisingly good ceremonies of Veracruz 2014 Central American and Caribbean Games.

• Like 1

Hello guys! I just thought I would share this link with you. This is where I was able to see most of the recent opening ceremonies, the full ones. I was looking for the video of the cauldron's lightening for the 2000 Games (and I particularly wanted to see the issue with the cauldron that some of you were talking about). And since this wasn't on Youtube. So there you go:

http://bryanpinkall.blogspot.fr/2012/06/olympic-ceremony-database-every-summer.html

• Like 1

I've got the international versions of the Sydney 2000 Opening and the Atlanta 1996 Opening & Closing in high quality. Youtube rejects them every time due to copyright claims of certain segments (the Sydney cauldron lighting in particular). But if anyone wants them, PM me.

I've got the international versions of the Sydney 2000 Opening and the Atlanta 1996 Opening & Closing in high quality. Youtube rejects them every time due to copyright claims of certain segments (the Sydney cauldron lighting in particular). But if anyone wants them, PM me.

I would love to have a copy

Ikarus360, clear your messages :)

And to anyone else please private message me to keep requests out of this thread.

Ok, done :) now you can send it.

France TV Sport's report on the Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony

And now Japanese NHK 10-minute highlight footage of the historic 1972 Winter Olympic Opening Ceremonies in Sapporo, Japan, a Winter Olympic first for Asia. Doesn't get to all nations in the Parade of Nations though, however small the roster was back then. Skipped over the Canadians, the Finnish, and the British for goodness sakes. Note how sedate (or solemn or restrained) the Japanese crowd is when even the home team marched in last compared to Nagano and surely Tokyo 2020 much later:

I have yet to complete the Moscow Olympics opening ceremony run from Gilberto--must go back on these pages very soo. We now have though the entire Moscow 1980 Parade of Nations from the opening ceremonies in its entirety for the first time on YouTube uploaded by Jethro, who's even more obsessed about these Olympics than I am. This portion runs at just over an hour long in this seriously boycott-impacted Olympics as opposed to subsequent ones that nowdays tend to last over 90 minutes from creators Greece to the host nation in the language's alphabet--and no commercial breaks like with what happened to Seven's in Australia with no countries omitted. Even LA with its boycott issues went longer four years later. Jethro apparently sought and got permission from Gilberto, whose footage comes from Brazil's TV Cultura's live coverage in his multipart uploads, and edited them all seemlessly since he's a fan. So it's shorter by many standards. Too bad instead of the TV Cultura Brazilian Portuguese commentary throughout, we get "Stadium of My Dreams" on constant loop during this. Happy Thanksgiving:

I have yet to complete the Moscow Olympics opening ceremony run from Gilberto--must go back on these pages very soo. We now have though the entire Moscow 1980 Parade of Nations from the opening ceremonies in its entirety for the first time on YouTube uploaded by Jethro, who's even more obsessed about these Olympics than I am. This portion runs at just over an hour long in this seriously boycott-impacted Olympics as opposed to subsequent ones that nowdays tend to last over 90 minutes from creators Greece to the host nation in the language's alphabet--and no commercial breaks like with what happened to Seven's in Australia with no countries omitted. Even LA with its boycott issues went longer four years later. Jethro apparently sought and got permission from Gilberto, whose footage comes from Brazil's TV Cultura's live coverage in his multipart uploads, and edited them all seemlessly since he's a fan. So it's shorter by many standards. Too bad instead of the TV Cultura Brazilian Portuguese commentary throughout, we get "Stadium of My Dreams" on constant loop during this. Happy Thanksgiving:

I think they skipped San Marino and Seychelles....

Need to see that in full again. Do know that Switzerland isn't shown (in the Russian language Switzerland comes before Sweden alphabetically just like with Sochi 34 years later).

Hello Everyone!!!

Yesterday(12 December 2015) in Thailand.

Opening Ceremony of 44th Thailand National Games "Nakhonsawan Games"

and This is Video of Ceremony from NBT(National Broadcasting Service of Thailand).

PS. All of this video is Thai language.

Opening ceremony of Albertville '92 as seen from NOS (the national Netherlands TV channel)

Same user published the ceremonies of Calgary and Sarajevo before on their account.

Also, lol at 27:00 you can see the athletes from France didn't finished taking their seats when the speeches began. Was it a mistake or did the parade took longer than expected?

I would love to have a copy of one! Do you have an International version of the Sydney 2000 Closing Ceremony.

Opening ceremony of Albertville '92 as seen from NOS (the national Netherlands TV channel)

Same user published the ceremonies of Calgary and Sarajevo before on their account.

Yeah but in Sarajevo's case it's not the whole ceremony in the account.

Also I noticed the Albertville one chops off some seconds of the footage instead of going seemless through (not counting the commercial breaks like in CBS' case) and perhaps omit a few nations because the parade on it looked short than even CBS' broadcast. Must view it again to be truly certain.

Opening Ceremony of Seoul 1988 as seen from Hong Kong channel TVB Jade

Also the rare to find closing ceremony of France '98 WC with the pseudohandover to Korea-Japan 2002 and the fireworks show at Stade de France

Drill Band performance at the closing ceremony of the 1985 Universiade in Kobe by the same guy who uploaded that other fragment of the opening (I wish he could just upload the whole thing, apparently they did a repeat of Caracas '83 opening by creating a human screen on the field at a certain part)

Interesting to see the Hong Kong TVB Jade broadcast of the Seoul Opening Ceremony when it was still a British crown colony. Wish it had its own intro shown unless it went the standard Seoul 1988 broadcast intro. Now hopefully, we'll get the CBC and Network 10 versions, among others.

Apologies if already posted but the complete 2014 Asian Games in Incheon ceremonies are now here in a mixture of serious and fun that includes portions of the pre-show in the Opening like K-Pop act Exo to the screams of many young women in the stands and that of course has PSY's performing his massive global hit Gangnam Style and Champion (with Lang Lang) alogn with JYJ. Opening ceremony started at 19:18 at the Incheon Asiad Stadium maybe for coincidental significance. Really liked the tribute to the iconic Hoop Boy from Seoul 1988's Opening Ceremony that was part of a nod to those who were born on the very day Seoul was awarded the 1988 Summer Olympics in Baden-Baden, Germany. Also the IBH Incheon broadcast intro video inspired by smoke and paintbrushes was something I liked. Still-embattled Syria and North Korea gets cheers here and Lee Young-Ae lighting the flame, making it a flame fountain above a sun. When was the last time in the Olympics a mayor sends his or her video message to the Olympic Games? What's up with the "Don't Worry Be Happy" video with the Incheon seal mascots?

Duncan Mackay blogs the Incheon 2014 Asian Games:

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1022668/asian-games-the-opening-ceremony

The Incheon 2014 Asian Games Closing Ceremony. Looks like Incheon took some inspiration from London with its CC countdown

Thanks, Durban....though man, that ceremony was a huge letdown. It had a couple of moments but overall it was pretty forgettable, which was a big shame since they had a very good brand and a nice stadium. Even Doha which was done 8 years before had better floor projections.

The Gwangju ceremonies were slighty better than this but still felt pale in comparison to Kazan.This ceremony is the reason why I'm crossing my fingers they pull themselves together and do something good for 2018 (though surpassing Sochi is going to be impossible).