Ceremonies on UTube, Pt 2

baron-pierreIV

What did you think of the ceremony itself baron? Don't forget that it's only a small sport, so you can't really compare it to rugby union or football world cups.

Sorry, yoshi. Haven't watched it yet. Don't know if I will cuz it's a sport I'm not interested in. But I was terribly impressed by the one in NZ was it 2 years ago?

• 4 weeks later...

MiGod, so many scenes here before I haven't seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu_L0MPRvDU

This ceremony is extraordinary and looks like a pleasure for the richest! This is an almost "show" rather than opening ceremony.The scene begins at 2'27" is somewhat similar to "Cirque du Soleil";

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS0pW2ty75s

BTW,in 2022 Qatar WC I bet Janet Jackson will make appearance.I remember her husband(or boyfriend)is Qatari.Anyway,I wish unexpected happening as in the past Super Bowl would not occur again :lol: . Costumer,please store her breasts neatly. :D

Did you see the Guangzhou 2010 Asian Games OC? It was perhaps even bigger than Doha.

Not yet. To me even the shortend video makes me feel the ceremony was big.After I finished watching Doha's 1&2 then I try to watch Guang Zhou's one.

Was this ever shown here before? Anyway, David Hoffman uploaded this excerpt from his PBS doc about the 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympics. All behind the scenes here at the Opening Ceremony. When you look at with the delegations marching now, say, from a decade later, things and organization tend to be more deep in the tunnel and bowels of the Olympic Stadium with stadiums being much bigger than they previously were just before entering the stadium--think the brief video from last year I put up with Zimbabwe and later hosts Great Britain to loud cheers. Yeah, they still go outside from the adjacent arena or stadium where they are waiting as they enter for a brief bit as everything gets organized within their teams and are greeted and cheered by fans catching a glimpse of their national teams. The pride is all over their faces when carrying their flags.

Hoffman was fortunate to film scenes like this as everything was being prepared just before the athletes and coaches emerge out of the mouth of the LA Coliseum. There's an interesting conversation at the beginning with the director and the LAPD regarding the PLO protesters and the flag in their attempt to clamp that down. Because, of course, 12 years later, the Palestinians eventually made their Summer Olympic debut on US soil. Interesting to see how things were back then with the flag distributor and how the flight-attendant-looking placard holders getting ready moments before going on. You can also see local youth from a summer program apparently at the sidelines shooed to make way for the delegations; barriers would there in that area nowdays. Wish we can see the full David Hoffman LA 1984 doc soon as we still await for the full Los Angeles 1984 Opening Ceremony on both counts there on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2_ccze96sQ

@Durban...that is part of the 20 or 30-minute entire documentary. It first was shown on PBS a few months after August 1984. And it then became available on DVD a few years ago. It's one of the best "Behind-the-Scenes' records of putting an O.C together -- although what it shows is FAR from was involved in truly putting Opening/Closing together.

The guy the LAPD was talking to was a Tom Groppel--a guy who was not very helpful when I was writing my book. He's like with the "show unit" of the US Army or Marines...and has been in charge of staging a few of (the military protocol portions of a few) presidential inaugurations after 1984.

Of course, what got shown on YouTube is a small sampling of that in the whole picture. What's the title of the PBS documentary so I can hunt it down? Definitely never was part of 16 Days of Glory.

Can easily see why in Tom Groppel talking with the LAPD over the Palestinian controversy considering his military protocol background, now that you mentioned it.

Of course, what got shown on YouTube is a small sampling of that in the whole picture. What's the title of the PBS documentary so I can hunt it down? Definitely never was part of 16 Days of Glory.

Can easily see why in Tom Groppel talking with the LAPD over the Palestinian controversy considering his military protocol background, now that you mentioned it.

Here's where you can get it: https://www.createspace.com/204559

Baron, you'll like this one, it's more Seattle 90:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-ukr8hZWH4E?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Grrrrrrrr, I'll try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-ukr8hZWH4E#t=236

How do you embed these bl**dy things from a computer...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukr8hZWH4E?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukr8hZWH4E?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

heeelp... :angry: