Ceremonies on UTube, Pt 2

baron-pierreIV

Thanks, JMark

Last two Atlanta Parade of Nations videos coming up hosted by Brian Williams and Peter Mansbridge.

Part 7: (from CBC to Canal 13) Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, (CBC in progress) Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan (Chinese Taipei), Tadjikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, (from CBC to Canal 13) Trinidad & Tobago, (very briefly) Tunisia, (NBC) Turkey, (from NBC to CBC) Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzebistan, Vanuatu, (from CBC to Canal 13) Venezeula, Vietnam, US Virgin Islands, Western Samoa, Yemen, Yugoslavia, (from Canal 13 to CBC) Zaire, Zambia, and Zimbabwe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-7lcoxWrPg

Part 8: Just Team USA with wrestler Bruce Baumgartner leading the way. When us Americans were seeing them enter Olympic Stadium, NBC gave the effect of the coming up the ramp and then pausing for dramatic effect before marching down with one of its overhead cameras--must be exclusive. Many other broadcasters did not have that luxury and relied on the world feed of them entering down the ramp. John Phillip Sousa's "Stars And Stripes" always a play these days whenever the USA hosts when they march.

Damn, it seems the Montreal '76 parade of nations vids were taken down. What a shame. Did anyone managed to save those? (I wanted to make a recompilation of the Venezuelan delegation parades starting from 1972 but i'm missing both 1976 and LA'84 to complete them)

So, found a full (it will be full, this is part 1 of 2) vid of the Doha 2006 OC, not the best quality, & with a very annoying thing in the corner, but I don't think a full vid of this has ever appeared, so (hope this works) :

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aAfkOrjfEgg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn, that didn't work :angry: Right, let's try this, take 2:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAfkOrjfEgg?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAfkOrjfEgg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

How do you embed a Youtube vid into a post???

^^ Old news. The arrow never actually hit the cauldron, since it was very difficult and risky. So the official transmission of the opening ceremony used certain camera angles to make it look as if the arrow actually lit the cauldron. It was still spectacular, though.

I recently find a You Tube video. This is about 1992 Barcelona,exactly about opening ceremony,,,but what I saw was; :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsfwMbXYNsU&feature=player_embedded

I don't believe it and too shocking! :huh: Anyone here already knew this?

#1 - Is that even the actual Lighting? It doesn't show the exact date. (That could've been at the Dress Rehearsal.)

#2 - The arrow was NEVER intended to hit the cauldron. It was meant to fly over it. The gas was already turned on when the arrow flew over. So it merely "brushed" the cauldron.

#3 - Why would they have had Rebollo and TWO back-up archers and practiced more than 2 dozen times if they were just going to cheat? :blink:

#4 - I was there. The arrow flew over my section...so I know what took place.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

^^ Old news. The arrow never actually hit the cauldron, since it was very difficult and risky. So the official transmission of the opening ceremony used certain camera angles to make it look as if the arrow actually lit the cauldron. It was still spectacular, though.

Thank you so much for explaining why they should do so.Soon after this OG I read an article about the male Olympian who shot the arrow.It said he tried to aim at the cauldron in rehearsal but mostly unsuccessful and on that night he for the first time made it,I remember.Yes it is always distinctively fantastic to me too. :)

#1 - Is that even the actual Lighting? It doesn't show the exact date. (That could've been at the Dress Rehearsal.)

#2 - The arrow was NEVER intended to hit the cauldron. It was meant to fly over it. The gas was already turned on when the arrow flew over. So it merely "brushed" the cauldron.

#3 - Why would they have had Rebollo and TWO back-up archers and practiced more than 3 dozen times if they were just going to cheat? :blink:

#4 - I was there. The arrow flew over my section...so I know what took place.

Let me be a Sherlock Holmes for a moment Sir. B)

*1-Yes,I think so.You said you never saw the date but did you know that there was time?(22:39xx" at the beginning)This time is not strange at all to end the ceremony.And you said this might be a rehearsal but I have 3 reasons this is true Lighting.

1st;the crowds are screaming loudly with max happiness.How could they do that if this was rehearsal?

2nd;some are waving the flags of Catalunya proudly.

3rd;so many flashlights of cameras to record the very memorial moment.

*2-You are answering to your question by yourself already.

*3-Mr. Robollo was considered to be the best archer.His mission was to aim at the cauldron as nearer as possible.

*4-Wow you were there!But all the people never saw the 2nd arrow fly high above,because there was no need to do so for Barcelona from the first time.

Nobody was wrong,everything was done in safe and in peace. :)

I might be imagining it, but I think I remember a while back, an image appearing here showing the arrow implanted in the field behind the stadium. Either way, it's very well known that the arrow never went in the cauldron, it was never meant to. The actual arrow itself is in the Olympic museum, I presume it'll go on display when it reopens. Goodness knows how you'll light your cauldron in Tokyo, maybe a real Yoshi might be used :lol:

• Like 1

*4-Wow you were there! But all the people never saw the 2nd arrow fly high above,because there was no need to do so for Barcelona from the first time.

Nobody was wrong,everything was done in safe and in peace.

:blink::blink: How can one argue with that statement - a 2nd arrow which people NEVER saw fly??????????????????????????????????????? How do you know it was the 2nd...and Not the 3rd or 4th arrow since as you say -- if people NEVER SAW IT nor did it even fly????????????????????

And what does a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) arrow have to do with it??

Not meaning to be boastful, but the fact that you weren't there and that you would even make one of the MOST BIZARRE statements I have ever seen or heard, just totally confounds me. I mean...am I dumb or is this some zen-like fantasy you are spinning?????????????????

There must be some sort of parallel universe -- you, a palette86 from Japan, and a 'yoshi' from the United Kingdom -- I am not aware of. God help me... :wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

Edited by baron-pierreIV