Ceremonies on UTube, Pt 2

baron-pierreIV

^^ Awesome find, mattygs :) ! I think that's the song. Notice the fanfare at the end of the Smile Africa song, it sounds similar like the beggining of the audio file you sent.

And Bob Buckley info says he composed the music for Victoria 1994 ceremonies, so maybe some of the other tracks has to do with it.

He also composed music for the 2010 Winter Olympics opening.

Still looking for the 2006 Parade of Nations. :(

I have the full Opening Ceremony of Torino 2006 on DVD, taped from the BBC with my recordable DVD player at the time.

The problem is it is in my bedroom, in Scotland lol

Who is that guy? Yikes.

Jose, can you find anything on the Seattle 1990 Goodwill Games Opening? I can't find anything on that.

The only thing i could find of Seattle 1990 Goodwill Games opening is this video. Russian group Gorky Park performing "Try to find me" at the ceremony

Sadly I couldnt find anything else of it. Although i know there was a segment dedicated to Sadako Sakai (a 2 years old japanese girl from Hiroshima who attempted to do a thousand origami cranes before dying because of radiation, and became a popular tradition in Japan referring to world peace)

. Although i know there was a segment dedicated to Sadako Sakai (a 2 years old japanese girl from Hiroshima who attempted to do a thousand origami cranes before dying because of radiation, and became a popular tradition in Japan referring to world peace)

Gracias. The Sadako segment was exactly the segment I want to review. I remember it vaguely but I wanted to review the details. I forget now whether they sent (the remaining cranes) into the sky...

Sneak peak of the stage and some rehearsals from David Atkins next opening ceremony: The 2011 Pan-Arab Games in Doha.

When is the opening ceremony? Qatar is always making great cremenonies, the Asian Cup was a great one.

When is the opening ceremony? Qatar is always making great cremenonies, the Asian Cup was a great one.

9th December, next week. Usually i'm not interested on the Arab Games but seeing David Atkins on it (they did the opening of the Rugby WC this year) raised my interest a lot.

Apparently we won't have Syria at the opening since they will boycott the games in protest against the Arab league sanctions

While the whole SEA Games opening ceremony in Palembang (Indonesia) was kinda spectacular, this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvUtcoalhTs

Biggest flame lighting blooper ever since Sheffield 91 Universiade :lol:

Wow that was a HUGE blooper :lol: do you have a video on what happened in Sheffield?

I requested a vid in Youtube a couple of days ago. This is a very rare jewel, the handover ceremony of the 1990 Commonwealth Games closing ceremony to Victoria 1994, on which members of the First Nations tribes raised a huge totem pole. I hope you enjoy it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBf8185Gc3E