2022 Round 3 Vote

Dear GB Members,

as a member of these forums I am trying to do my best to bring my input on several topics. On the other hand i am learning a lot from GB forums and whole the archive in its whole;

But this GB wog 2022 comp is getting dirty. Scotguy is doing this systematically.

My strategy is to get my bidbook viewed .. and my promotion is based on that. But when we were in the stage of lancing our bidbooks he wrote under my schoutbox that all my promotion was : " that is old news " etc.. he gave me therefore in my bidbook-topic twice a minus point. And now he did the same and gave me a minus under my promotion message a page before.

Hereby I am on the edge of withdrawing and I want clear answers from scotguy. He is using his point-system as an instrument to punish me systematically. I am not taking this anymore. Is it so necessary to spoil my enthousiasm in this competition.

(on this forum he is still my friend, but this is unfair.)

Note: Sir Rols .. I'm waiting also information from your side.

If Scot Wins this competition .. it will be an unfair win .. Why scot .. why ?? does it pleasure you to give me systematically minus-points.

For my bidbook I used only word and paint. I even don't have any fotoshop programs or so and did my best to deliver a clean qualitative and technically underbuild bidbook.

I never did wrote 1 sentence negative things for your bidbook or promotion. Why !! Why are you punishing me ?? what did I wrong ??

The GBOC has to investigate this .. because this is not the way to play it fair !!

Best regards

fatix

Fatixxx,

Your bid stood out for me. It was the only bid that had sincere passion. Your bid book stood out as the most exciting, and I think some others paled in comparison. It's hard to say why this comp goes as it goes, but if some choose to unfairly use points then you should ignore it. A negative point on your post will not deter anyone from your bid, in fact it may do the opposite. I think you can do it, there will likely be another round...I think....so go for it and post some more of your great logo applications.

If I wasn't heading to Aspen tomorrow, I'd get on a plane to Bursa; well maybe Geneva. B)

The Olympic rings have also been illuminated onto Mount Sunapee, skiing venue for the games

1628.jpg

We are all buzzing here, everyone is having an amazing time and all we need now is your votes, so please show your support for Manchester 2022

Isn't that Salt Lake City?:blink:

I'm a bit disappointed if rep points are being used as part of inducements or whatever in this race. Okay, nobody's said anything about them being banned or not, but I think it's against the spirit of the comp (shouldn't this be about friendly competition?). And I suppose they could be seen as the on-line equivalent of IOC bribes.

Can't do anything about it now - as I said, nobody's made a statement about them. But I've gone and tried to even out those made on this thread. And seeing as it looks like we will inevitably go into a final round, I'm gonna appeal to the participants spirit of fair play that no rep points are to be made to votes posted in the final vote thread.

As to promotion posts within these threads - that's something in the past that hasn't been allowed, but again, I made no statement about them and multiple bidders have been doing it. Again, we'll leave that as it is but ask bidders to refrain from it in the final round.

One last thing. I haven't voted in any rounds yet, nor do I intend to. The one exception, is I'm going to reserve the right to cast a tie-breaking vote in case the final round is a draw. My perceptions of how fairly the campaign has been waged in the final round will play a large role in deciding which I'll vote for.

I wake up this morning and all of these accusations are being thrown at me

Firstly Fatixx, when i wrote 'this is old news' on your status update, that was because you were posting the same information over and over again. There was nothing stopping you from posting comments on to my status. Plus this was weeks and weeks ago.

This is a competition and we are competing against each other, of course you have to criticise other bids. As a competitng bidder you have to do these things, its what happens.

As it has been pointed out, this does not effect the voting as i have only one vote like everyone else and if i win it is because i have spent months campaigning and through sheer hard work

If you said something about my bid then id say, thats fair enough, we are competing against each other in the competition.

I am starting a new job tomorrow and i am nervous about this, and i do not need all of this carry on here. It is being made to look like i am targeting a person, whereas in reality i am only competing in a bid competition.

Manchester is out, If i won, i would only be accused of cheating and foul play, and i am far too proud to let that happen. Months of time and hard work wasted in my opinion. Bursa and Geneva, you have my best wishes for the final round.

And Fatixx, in future if you have any problems with me please PM me first rather than publicly accusing me on the threads.

Thank you all who voted for MANCHESTER in this comp and al the other comps i have participated in. You guys are awesome

Ultimately, rep points are anonymous, so there's no-way to prove one way or the other who did what. But I would think that it's just a bit of courtesy not to bring them into a bid comp. All sides try not to criticise a rival's bids - they've put in a lot of work, just as you've done to your own.

When Fatixx wrote his long post it sounded a bid paranoid, but you have just confirmed everything he accused you of.

Bids are not allowed to criticize their opponents publicly in IOC rules, ethically that should apply here if we are being true to the Olympic spirit.

I wake up this morning and all of these accusations are being thrown at me

Firstly Fatixx, when i wrote 'this is old news' on your status update, that was because you were posting the same information over and over again. There was nothing stopping you from posting comments on to my status. Plus this was weeks and weeks ago.

This is a competition and we are competing against each other, of course you have to criticise other bids. As a paying premium member, i have the ability to vote posts down, and in this case i did this because i didnt agree with the post about your bid being the most passionate etc, As a competitng bidder you have to do these things, its what happens.

As it has been pointed out, this does not effect the voting as i have only one vote like everyone else and if i win it is because i have spent months campaigning and through sheer hard work

If you were a premium member and you voted down one of my posts regarding the comp then i would think, thats fair enough, we are competing against each other in the competition.

This is not a reasonable explenation scot .. you are misusing your premiumship ability with the rep points.

I do not except this .. because as I would have been a premium member I wouldn't spoil the competition with a negative point.

You have spoken that you have did it .. and that is not the fairplay where the Olympic Spirit is all about.

I have never spoiled your candidate and bidbook topics .. neither your shoutbox sentences.

You can swear that you worked hard enough .. but I can swear it too I did too. What are the criteria to for you that your bid is passionate and mine is not. You are insane Scot! Is your bid more passionate with 2 videos .. is that your your criteria of your hard working and turning whole the world upside-down in your bid-travel? Makes that you; I worked hard and the others didn't .. plizzz .. !!

This is a competition and we are competing against each other, of course you have to criticise other bids. ==> This sentence is not right .. as in the real IOC circulation that would be certainly a reason to be disqualfied.

So whole your statement is out of the Olympic Spirit .. But I will be sportive enough not to blackmail or make negative statments as you did .. I will go to the final round. But this will be always in your conciousness .. your behavior in this frame is not right.

The last thing is that you degradade gradually and systematically my enthousiasm in this competition .. this is not acceptable.

You said it with your own words .. you have admitted it!

Best regards

fatix

What are the criteria to for you that your bid is passionate and mine is not. You are insane Scot!

I will go to the final round. But this will be always in your conciousness .. your behavior in this frame is not right.

Firstly do not call me insane, this is a rude and out of order comment

Secondly, this is a fantasy gamesbids competition, im afraid that criticising your bid is not always going to be on my conciousness, i have work, family, friends that i think and worry about, so get real

I have withdrew from the competition, what else do you want me to do, get banned from the forums?

I have withdrew from the competition, what else do you want me to do, get banned from the forums?

I have to admit when I was writing my sentences down, that you have meanwhile made adjustments to your message.

I have coundn't know that.

Sigh!

I'd appeal to everyone to calm down and - if you must spat - take it to the PMs or another thread.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread remains open for voting for another hour and 15 mins. I'm gonna take that time to confer and decide how to proceed after that.

Archived