2020 Olympic Games Bids

Rafa

And I guess Durban and the RSA-NOC are all just playing bluff to throw everyone off the scent. At the last minute, they will NOT bid and say: Ha-ha, fooled yah! Wow! Great tactic!!

that's not what I meant, I just meant that Rome is such a early (maybe too early) forerunner bc also in Italy we had an internal competition which forced Rome and Venice to already make up some plans ahead of time

Of course Durban will be there

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well it will be Durban but SASCOC have now "created a process" and it seems as if Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth have shown interest, even if its just for shits and giggles.

Durban was decided on long ago.

well it will be Durban but SASCOC have now "created a process" and it seems as if Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth have shown interest, even if its just for shits and giggles.

Durban was decided on long ago.

And CT lurks in the background in case Durban cant get the nod for 2024? ;)

I don't think CT feels the return of an Olympic Games at this point in time along with the SASCOC cock up is worth the effort. It has stated it will go for future bids, but the SASCOC cock up has left a horrible sour taste behind for many officials.

Several top business people have already acknowledged that the SASCOC decision on Durban, well before any process, was half the reason CT is not bidding.

Archived