Yes, the creator of the logo used it in a interview for TV Globo:

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Noticias/0,,GIM1403658-7823-CRIADORES+DO+SIMBOLO+DAS+OLIMPIADAS+DE+FALAM+SOBRE+O+PROCESSO+DE+CRIACAO,00.html

Sad, no bigger resolution of it so far... I'm searching Brazilian media to find some pics smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Honav signed up to supply pin badges for Rio 2016

Honav have signed a contract here to provide pin badges for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

The $80 million (£51 million/€66 million) deal means that Honav will be the Olympic pin badge supplier to a third successive Summer Games, following Beijing in 2008 and London 2012.

The Chinese company had previously manufactured pins for the 1996, 2000 and 2004 Olympics as well, although Beijing was a breakthrough Games as an Official Partner of the Organising Committee.

Honav chairman Jack Chen signed the latest agreement here with Rio 2016 President Carlos Nuzman, and said that it was a "testament to our commitment to promote the Olympic spirit".

http--web2.insidethegames.biz-images-2012-08-Rio_2016_pins.jpg

http://www.insidethe...es-for-rio-2016

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I friend of mine found some in the Rio 2016 official store at Sao Paulo Int'l Airport

Hi there guys. This is my first time going to the Olympics and I want to get some pins... does anybody knows if I can buy some now? Are the Rio pins available to buy them?

Thanks =)

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

There looks to be a set of Coke pins that will/are available in McDonald's in Walmarts. Can you get more branding than that?

Also there are a set of pins available through the US coke rewards for 1000 points.

https://images.ccnag.com/MCR_CATALOG/catalog/53977-detail.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cubebox,

Usually, at every Olympics there's a lot of pins available at the Official Souvenir Store (hundreds of them)

Those are logo pins, mascot pins, venue pins, sport pins (for each sports), etc...

But those have no value for the real collector.

The real thing for them is the NOC pins, dated or not (NOC for National Olympic Commity). That's the pins given to the athletes for trade with others athletes. They are very hard to find. Dated means that the Rio 2016 Logo is add on the pin.

Some others collectors wants only Media pins, others Sponsor pins. Security pins, etc... Also very hard to find.

1 hour ago, Chateau Petrus said:

Cubebox,

Usually, at every Olympics there's a lot of pins available at the Official Souvenir Store (hundreds of them)

Those are logo pins, mascot pins, venue pins, sport pins (for each sports), etc...

But those have no value for the real collector.

The real thing for them is the NOC pins, dated or not (NOC for National Olympic Commity). That's the pins given to the athletes for trade with others athletes. They are very hard to find. Dated means that the Rio 2016 Logo is add on the pin.

Some others collectors wants only Media pins, others Sponsor pins. Security pins, etc... Also very hard to find.

I'm looking for an specific one: the Rainbow Flag with the Rio logo. Hope I can find while I'm in Rio

Ok, I,found this,a few days ago, but I do not know what it means.

Samsung is doing a set of 30 pins.  I am not sure where you can get them from.

Collect Olympic Games Pins

Olympic Games Pins by Samsung can be picked up at Galaxy Studios and Brand Shops. Collect all 30 of them and you for a chance to win a variety of prizes. Designed for Rio 2016, the 22 general pins each illustrate an Olympic sport while the 8 special pins represent iconic symbols of Brazil.

So, the question is what counts as a Galaxy Studio and Brand Shop? I am in Germany. I am not even sure if there is one in Berlin.  I called a store in Canada, but they have not heard of this.  Is it only the store in Rio? Would these be smart service Center  Those that are sell the new Olympic phone?

22 hours ago, SkiFreak said:

I have to head into a Petro Canada Tomorrow. I think they had three or four pins.

22 hours ago, SkiFreak said:

I have to head into a Petro Canada Tomorrow. I think they had three or four pins.

P06_Olympics_banner.jpg

• Like 1

I am looking to get ZDF Olympic mascot pins.  They do not have any date or Rio on it.  I will order on Friday at the end of the week. If anyone wants some msg me.

pin_tukan.jpg

On 23-7-2016 at 8:09 PM, cubebox said:

I'm looking for an specific one: the Rainbow Flag with the Rio logo. Hope I can find while I'm in Rio

I saw this pin yesterday in the official store on Olympic Boulevard.

(You can also visit the Coca Cola store for more pins)

On 7/8/2016 at 6:06 AM, Martijn said:

I saw this pin yesterday in the official store on Olympic Boulevard.

(You can also visit the Coca Cola store for more pins)

I finally got it! Indeed, I got the one with the Paralympic logo first in front of Copacabana Megastore from a collector from Spain, and few days later in the same place, another spanish collector had the one with the Rio Olympics logo. It was hard to find!

Thanks for your help :)

• Like 1

I picked up the pins at Petro Canada - two sets. Th Flip-flops pin is for the COC and the flip-flops pivot. The frog pin with the googly eyes is for a website, coach.ca, and the toucan pin is for the paralympics - the beak moves. Not a bad little set.

Hudson's Bay (i.e. The Bay, HBC) has a few pins, but didn't see any at the store that I went to. They look like this:

TeamCanadaPins1_zpslbucvwnb.jpg

TeamCanadaPins2_zpsu6cbo3mg.jpg

TeamCanadaPins3_zpsnkst3swa.jpg

Gonna try the big downtown store either tomorrow or Sunday. I gotta start building up my collection again for when the games come back here to Calgary in 2026! ;)