Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citius Altius Fortius

"Munich 2018" will be topic in the "Aktuelle Sportstudio" tomorrow

ZDF - Voller Einsatz für München 2018

"das aktuelle Sportstudio" is a weekly sport show in the ZDF (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen = Second German Television) on saturdays evenings - Katarina Witt and Bernhard Schwank will be guests in the show tomorrow and will be talking about the Munich 2018 bid

ZDF - Voller Einsatz für München 2018

"das aktuelle Sportstudio" is a weekly sport show in the ZDF (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen = Second German Television) on saturdays evenings - Katarina Witt and Bernhard Schwank will be guests in the show tomorrow and will be talking about the Munich 2018 bid

Thank you CAF for the post. Now i will watch it.

Thank you CAF for the post. Now i will watch it.

you are welcome Goethe - I will watch it too - it will become interesting what both have to tell us - on one hand about the state of the bid book and on the other hand how they will solve the situation with the 59 farmers - it is a mystery for me that there are farmers who have nothing against the World Alpine Skiing Championships but against Winter Olympics... (especially these 59 farmers are not all affected by the plannings)

But why they dont invite the lawyer of the farmers? I would like to know more about the reasons of the farmers.

I doub that it has something to do with the Olympic Games but more with wounded pride and elevated selfesteem - did you read this article:

TZ München - Olympia Plan B

I doub that it has something to do with the Olympic Games but more with wounded pride and elevated selfesteem - did you read this article:

TZ München - Olympia Plan B

Thank you again! Well, a part of the conflict is the mayor of GAP. Schmid was a member of the CSU, but then he formed his own party. As the article says, the CSU is no longer ruling GAP.

I´ve just read at sueddeutsche.de that is seems that negotiations with ground owner at Kandahar will come to a positive end. We´ll see.

I´ve just read at sueddeutsche.de that is seems that negotiations with ground owner at Kandahar will come to a positive end. We´ll see.

That applies only to the negations for the Alpine Skiing World Championships next month in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The finish area for the WCH races at Kandahar will now be displaced by five metres and the agreement which has now been signed also does not contain any clause about the (possible) Munich 2018 Games.

See here (in German): http://www.br-online.de/bayerisches-fernsehen/rundschau/olympia-2018-einigung-ID1292317216981.xml

That applies only to the negations for the Alpine Skiing World Championships next month in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The finish area for the WCH races at Kandahar will now be displaced by five metres and the agreement which has now been signed also does not contain any clause about the (possible) Munich 2018 Games.

See here (in German): http://www.br-online.de/bayerisches-fernsehen/rundschau/olympia-2018-einigung-ID1292317216981.xml

... it is a mystery for me that some owner of land agree to hold FIS World Cup Races every year on the Kandahar and the Alpine Skiing World Championships, but have problems with hosting Olympic Winter Games...

I watched the "Aktuelle Sportstudio" yesterday and I think Katerina Witt as well as Bernhard Schwank represented the bid good, but there was nothing really new to me (as a "GamesBider")...

I think the "land-issue" was good explained by Mr. Schwank, but what impressed me most was the "30 second speech" by Katarina Witt (like in a debate class), why the Winter Olympics should be held in Munich in 2018.

I watched it too. I think the problems in GAP are very seriously. Schwenk wasnt able to say what happens, if Plan A fails. The question wheather other European members will vote for Munich, when their NOC is planning a bid for 2022 (the journalist gave St. Moritz as an example) wasnt very convincing answerd by Schwenk. Also the internet poll (only 53% yes and 47% no) was disappointing.

But if this bid prevails it not because of the good concept, not because of the easy accessibility of the venues and not because of the interest in winter spoerts here in Germany. It is to 95% because of Katerina Witt! I was never a fan of her. But the she has charisma and is very convincing. It would be a nice coincidence of the German history that Honeckers most beautiful daughter brings the Olympic Games to the most conservative region in Germany.

I watched it too. I think the problems in GAP are very seriously. Schwenk wasnt able to say what happens, if Plan A fails.

yes - it is seriously, but I think that problem will be solved - it is about 6 land owners and I am sure that there will be a Plan B (I posted a link of the TZ about that recently)

The question wheather other European members will vote for Munich, when their NOC is planning a bid for 2022 (the journalist gave St. Moritz as an example) wasnt very convincing answerd by Schwenk.

What did you expect? Such situations are always - when London, Madrid, Leipzig etc. etc. bid for 2012! There were Salzburg and Sochi (and other European cities) interested in biding for 2014...

He answered that a biding city has to explain why its bid is the best one...

Also the internet poll (only 53% yes and 47% no) was disappointing.

I hoped for more too, but an internet poll is not representative...