British Gold Medallist Supports Gold Coast 2018

LuigiVercotti

Adlington backs Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games bid

29 December 2010

Britain's double Olympic gold medallist Rebecca Adlington has given the Gold Coast's bid to host the 2018 Commonwealth Games a big boost by praising its facilities during a trip there.

The 21-year-old from Mansfield, who won the 400 and 800 metres at the Olympics in Beijing in 2008, has chosen to set-up a winter training camp in Queensland.

"I know from my last time training in Australia that the Gold Coast city facilities are unbelievable and you receive everything you need as an athlete," said Adlington.

"Australians really love their sport and I have seen first hand how it's such a big part of their lives.

"This is my second visit to the Gold Coast city so I knew that there were great facilities for training and plenty of quality competition from Australian swimmers like Stephanie Rice and Meagen Nay, but there's also lots of fun activities you can enjoy."

(for more see here)

Hmm, the silence from all those Olympic gold medallists wanting to travel to the unfinished port of Hambantota is rather deafening. Then again its hard to praise illusionary facilities that only exist on a Rajapaksan-minion computer operator's PC.

Im sure Olympic gold medallists know that the state of Queensland is under water

flood_1794143b.jpg

asserts sales other debacles will test people patients before they go waste money on games where the locals don't want. certainly fusebias65 would like have it their because non of his tax money will be spent.

Im sure Olympic gold medallists know that the state of Queensland is under water

flood_1794143b.jpg

asserts sales other debacles will test people patients before they go waste money on games where the locals don't want. certainly fusebias65 would like have it their because non of his tax money will be spent.

Hmmm...obviously your knowledge of Queensland geography is so erudite that you would know that there is over 400 kms between Bundaberg and Southport (heart of the GC) and that unlike Hambantota and the rest of the flood stricken Sri Lankan areas (Floods again: 57,000 families displaced) the facilities on the GC that are part of the 2018 bid are already in place and not being imperilled by any non-existant local flood damage.

So where are those ringing endorsements from gold medal winning Olympic athletes for Hambantota hmmm? And has the ICC finally got the stadiums they were promised almost a month ago?

Yeah... just as I thought...dead fecking silence. :lol: :lol:

Archived