Pearls of Wisdom from Sep

LuigiVercotti

Considering that the highly esteemed Septic Blather has just recently discovered the secrets of the NZ component of Australia's unsuccessful 2022 bid (" "Australia, in its candidacy bid, proposed to give several matches to New Zealand," Blatter told L'Equipe. ") perhaps it's only right and proper we give more forum space to such a sage and wise sports leader.

So in the spirit of jogita bonita and Fair Play please enjoy the following:

blatter460276.jpg

"If we're not careful, football is going to become even more of a rich man's toy," (16/12/2003)

And his latest:

Fifa boss Sepp Blatter has joked that gay people "should refrain from sexual activities" at the 2022 Qatar World Cup.

The president of football's international governing body was speaking at a news conference in South Africa, arranged to discuss the legacy of this year's tournament.

He was asked what he would say to gay football fans who want to go to Qatar for the 2022 competition, given that homosexuality is banned in the Middle East country.

Grinning, he said: "I would say they should refrain from any sexual activities."

Mr Blatter went on to insist that he believed discrimination would not be an issue in Qatar by 2022, saying "we are living in a world of freedom".

Sky News

Here's a more complete version of the story:

Sepp Blatter says gays should refrain from sex during 2022 World Cup in Qatar

December 14, 2010 - 10:00AM

Fifa boss makes gay gaffe

Football fans will have to adjust to more than just the sweltering desert heat when the 2022 World Cup event goes to the Middle East.

FIFA President Sepp Blatter says gay supporters should not have sex in Qatar, as homosexuality is banned in the Gulf State.

Asked whether gays and lesbians should worry about attending the tournament because of the Middle Eastern country's hostile attitude towards homosexuality, Blatter quipped: "They should refrain from any sexual activities."

But Blatter hopes there will be an "opening" of the Islamic culture for World Cup.

"It's another culture and another religion, but in football we have no boundaries," Blatter said from Soccer City in Johannesburg, South Africa, overnight for the official closing of the 2010 World Cup.

"We open everything to everybody and I think there shall not be any discrimination against any human beings, being on this side or that side, left or right or whatever.

"Football is a game that does not affect any discrimination. You may be assured ... if people want to watch a match in Qatar in 2022, they will be admitted to matches."

Having praised South Africa's tournament as an example of the success a first-time host can achieve, Blatter added he thought there was "too much concern" for the World Cup in Qatar.

FIFA has faced criticism for choosing Russia and Qatar over more traditional footballing countries on December 2, a vote that took place without two members of the executive committee who were suspended for allegedly agreeing to take money for their support.

In his first public address since the vote, Blatter defended FIFA's choices.

"We go to Eastern Europe, to Russia where the World Cup has never been. And later on, we go to the Middle East, we go to the Arabic world, we go to the Islamic world," Blatter said.

"This is the development of football and don't speak about money. This has nothing to do with money, as it had nothing to do with money here in Africa. It has to do with the development of the game," he said, bringing his fist down on a podium for emphasis.

Blatter also announced a $US100 million ($101.8 million) legacy fund for South Africa. He said $US20 million had already been used to build a new South African Football Association headquarters and for part of the organising of the competition, but promised the remainder would go to "social and community projects".

FIFA earned an estimated $US3.5 billion from this year's World Cup.

Putting aside the usual Blatherisms it's intriguing to see that South Africa's legacy fund is worth roughly 3% of MaFIFA's take from the 2010 WC, and that of this money only about 2.5% will actually go back into the community of South Africa.

Repeat the mantras after me:

71447_widenative-408x264.jpg

"We shall go to new territories. Don't speak about money. This has nothing to do with money."

shame, the poor gays.

What are you talking about, its not like the nation is discriminating against them or anything, there is no such law banning being gay/lesbian or homosexuality in general. Its only when your caught having gay sex that your in trouble, and I doubt that people have sex in streets or in any opportunity, homosexuals are decent too you know.

stop this BS.

What are you talking about, its not like the nation is discriminating against them or anything, there is no such law banning being gay/lesbian or homosexuality in general. Its only when your caught having gay sex that your in trouble, and I doubt that people have sex in streets or in any opportunity, homosexuals are decent too you know.

stop this BS.

And what about gay kisses or gay hand-holding in public?

stop this BS.

Well considering that your absolute monarchy's criminal law system is based on sharia law and in such religious legal contexts homosexuality is an illegal criminal act de jure then it's not just about punishing those caught engaging in sodomy. Qatar considers homosexuality illegal full stop. And that is yet another discriminatory and contra-human rights stance taken by your petrochemically funded city-state.

(((Just to say, not like Russia's all perfect. Mr. Putin from his office is running things pretty good at the Kremlin. Not to mention Zuma pretty much consolidates power, and homosexuals cannot marry in most places in the West, including 92% of the USA. So it's not like we are let's make homos marry and stuff all the time either.)))

Did you notice that when the reporter asked him about the gay issue (she was very professional), he was smirking and laughing away like the fat, sleazy jabba that he is

In case you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pkXb6eBnZE

What is also disgusting is you can clearly hear the associated South African MC trying to brush the question off plus the journos and SA President Zuma himself were giggling like 13 year olds watching a 'Carry On...' film. Obviously Blather and his coterie of trained minions find discrimination a huge joke.

Considering how much time Blather loves massaging the pseudo-phallic figure of the WC trophy perhaps there is some repressed man-love latency there :lol:

pg-32-blatter-getty_389522t.jpg

"Oh yes, I love wrapping my hands around a shaft, contemplating a large round head"

I don't know why your guys get all upset with Blatter. I find him to be more benign than Samaranch. Maybe because I am not as vested in football as most of you here are, but I accept Blatter as some harmless, blatthering idiot...whom I can't take seriously...whereas Samaranch was someone really shifty, scheming and suspect.

I don't know why your guys get all upset with Blatter. I find him to be more benign than Samaranch. Maybe because I am not as vested in football as most of you here are, but I accept Blatter as some harmless, blatthering idiot...whom I can't take seriously...whereas Samaranch was someone really shifty, scheming and suspect.

You raise a very interesting point Baron, insofar as the actual difference in sleaziness or degree of unethical standards between Blather and the Wily Old Falangist. And yes the passion for football would probably determine whether or not Septic or Juan is your preferred scumbag. I can feel a new thread coming on...

For those of us who suffered or continue to suffer through the labyrinthine qualification process for Oceania entrants in the World Cup:

EMP-4573599.jpg

The reason for my support on behalf of Oceania is quite simple. The event is called the FIFA World Cup but, due to the situation in the past where Oceania did not have a direct entry, as well as the additional challenges posed by the geographical location, Oceania's representatives had unduly faced an uphill battle, which they had been losing for 20 years now. The world was not represented by all continents at the FIFA World Cup. (15/1/2003)

'You win some and you lose some,' said Blatter. 'I had to bow to the democracy of FIFA.' (28/6/2003)

A little credit where it's due: :)

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has apologised for saying gay fans should "refrain from sexual activity" if they go to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar and Blatter's original comments provoked outrage among gay rights groups who said he should apologise or resign.

Blatter said: "It was not my intention and never will be my intention to go into any discrimination.

"If somebody feels hurt, then I regret [it] and present apologies."

He's apologied for the stupidty of his words, fair enough, but there's still no real answer to the question the journalist asked of him is there?

A little credit where it's due: :)

He's apologied for the stupidty of his words, fair enough, but there's still no real answer to the question the journalist asked of him is there?

No credit...he's covering his arse yet again after no doubt someone who wasn't still wedged somewhere in the Neanderthal-era with just a very tiny amount of understanding of the importance of positive PR had a word in his rock-ape-like ear and told him "Apologise or we'll be in yet more shite". It's a typical tactic issued by bungling pollies caught with their pants down (and of course mastered by the likes of celebs such as Hugh Grant).

The video footage shows his true attitude...that befuddled amusement that shows him trying to compute in his crab-like brain that some men actually like to do things with men that he would only do with a woman if the lights were out not just in his bedroom but across all the cantons of Switzerland. And then as he struggles to get that revolutionary thought into his skull he then has to try and remember who bought his organisation's integrity this week, hence the continuous stumbling over reminding himself it was Qatar (and not joint hosts with NZ or the UAE or Atlantis).

The best thing about his being Swiss...you can call Blather an unreconstructed buffoon in five languages :lol:

Seb, I was quietly critical of your comments earlier this year and in the later parts of 2009. You often criticised the FFA of being wishful in their thinking, undertaking the big merely to satisfy their own egos and that the whole process would end badly for most involved.

I truly agree with you now. While I am not necessarily upset that Russia will host 2018, selecting Qatar and the entire bidding process was an absolute farce and reached beyond what I would consider "corrupt".

While there is perhaps some economic, cultural and social benefits in hosting the World Cup, I truly hope Australia never bids for the World Cup again. Or at least until there is some substantial change in the way FIFA operates.

I do believe the FFA, FA and USSoccer had good intentions when they elected and continued to bid.

On a positive note. The bid may have done positive things for our standing in Asia, FIFA and represents somewhat of a testament to the work of Frank Lowy. Not that that justifies the $40m spend.

Seb, I was quietly critical of your comments earlier this year and in the later parts of 2009. You often criticised the FFA of being wishful in their thinking, undertaking the big merely to satisfy their own egos and that the whole process would end badly for most involved.

I truly agree with you now. While I am not necessarily upset that Russia will host 2018, selecting Qatar and the entire bidding process was an absolute farce and reached beyond what I would consider "corrupt".

While there is perhaps some economic, cultural and social benefits in hosting the World Cup, I truly hope Australia never bids for the World Cup again. Or at least until there is some substantial change in the way FIFA operates.

I do believe the FFA, FA and USSoccer had good intentions when they elected and continued to bid.

On a positive note. The bid may have done positive things for our standing in Asia, FIFA and represents somewhat of a testament to the work of Frank Lowy. Not that that justifies the $40m spend.

Sad to say when it comes to expecting the lowest common denominators to determine how the WC was going to be awarded you'll never end up disappointed...or for that matter looking at how almost every major international sporting body handles those decisions which are not just about lining the administrators pockets or reinforcing their bloated egos. Yes, MaFIFA is the most egregious transgressor (thanks no doubt to their unreconstructed structures, their completely farcical belief structures and the stewardship of certainly the worst public figure involved with football since Joao Havelange...which isn't saying much). However when you cast around and look at the likes of the IOC, the UCI (cycling is still to deal with doping in their sport in any way that inspires confidence), the ICC (whilst the Pakistanis rort games and the Indians act as the bag men Zimbabwe's dictatorial yes men made sure no Howard-led investigation of cricket's corruption was going to take place), the NRL (Melbourne Storm salary scandal), the AFL (up to its necks in criminal and sex scandals thanks to the likes of Collingwood and St Kilda whilst Demetriou gets a blank cheque from the NSW & Qld governments to support their new ventures), the Commonwealth Games Federation (how the feck can anyone come out of Delhi with their dignity intact)...well it's bloody easy to become cynical and embittered by the whole process.

And right now like you I have every desire to see either Australia avoid hosting the crooks and thieves that make up MaFIFA until the whole rotten bunch is washed away, or simply just keep playing the game as fairly and as capably as we can and hopefully one day maybe winning the damn thing. I have no major quibbles with Frank Lowy and everyone involved with the Aussie bid (and I feel similarly towards the other bids from countries like England, US, Japan and the joint Netherlands/Belgium bid). Russia's success is a little disheartening but as you quite appropriately put it Qatar's selection was an absolute farce.

Having played the game and watched it since the 70s right now I can truthfully say the beautiful game is run by the ugliest men ever to get their greasy mitts on a Swiss hotel room door key.

Archived