Sign in to follow this  
gotosy

Rio 2016 Paralympic Games

My initially low expectations and upset over Chicago's loss are quickly being raised... i'm getting excited about Rio!

After all, Rio city and its people are not guilty for Chicago loss... And if the opposite have happened I would be upset, but not with the winner... smile.gif

• Like 1

The Paralympic logo making off and concept

correct embbed

The making of the Rio logos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nShXIUbZQK0

I can imagine the tombstone of Stir when he died:

"He spent all his life upset by the defeat of Chicago for the 2016 Olympics.

RIO Stir

I mean, RIP Stir (typo)"

just an OK logo for me. I like the 3D concept, and sculpture appeal, but it is not breathtaking or groundbreaking. Again, I don't expect to be wowed by Olympic Games logos. I think it Rio has better logos than the last few for sure.

I didn't get why they are using the inscription "JOGOS PARALÍMPICOS" (PARALYMPIC GAMES) in both Portuguese and English version.

My guess is that compared to the IOC (which has French & ENglish as its official languages), the IPC is more open to the local language or script.

In looking at the logo now, it makes me think of women's underwear.

Edited by Soaring

Great mate. Now you've said that, I'm never gonna be able to look at it any other way!

<_<

This is Brazil. That's prob what they wanted! First Lisa Simpson, now this. Anyone care to make the next Pyeongchang logo?

So, it's nice!!! Who don't like some women's underwear? tongue.gifwink.gif

So, it's nice!!! Who don't like some women's underwear? tongue.gifwink.gif

From the pics I've seen, Britney Spears and Paris Hilton are not all that keen on women's underwear. lol

They like to buy underwear, at least.... rolleyes.giftongue.gif

This is Brazil. That's prob what they wanted! First Lisa Simpson, now this. Anyone care to make the next Pyeongchang logo?

Just draw big wiener that squirts out olympic colors? That would be the logical progression would it not... :unsure:

I'm not so sure it looks like a giant pair of panties...

_56978032_rioparalympics2016976549.jpg

I guess it just "depends" on the angle.

I like both heart and panties "concept" of the logo!

Both very Brazilian wink.gif

As Sisqo would say...

thong, to thong, thong, thong.

Wow... thats a classic... just think that in about 60 years there will be a whole bunch of grannies with wrinkled lower-back tattoos rolling around in their wheelchairs with their geriatric depends-thongs hanging out... it will be great...

IPC Athletics propose record 78 female medal events at Rio 2016

The international governing body of Para-athletics has proposed a record 78 medal events for female athletes at the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.

International Paralympic Committee (IPC) Athletics published a first draft of the medal event programme for Rio, over four years before the competition and with London 2012 still three months away.

Rio 2016 will have a total of 176 athletics medal events, six more than London 2012, with this summer's Paralympics holding 67 medal events for female athletes.

IPC Athletics has been consulting and discussing the proposals with every National Paralympic Committee around the world.

NPCs can now respond by the end of July with feedback on the draft programme.

A final draft is set to be made public on October 15, with further feedback opportunities after that.

The final proposal will be put to the IPC after the Athletics Sport Forum in November, with the governing body approving the programme prior to its publication on New Years' Eve.

The full list of marathon events will not be known though until early 2015 in order for IPC Athletics to increase the number of marathon events so that more impairment groups can be included.

It was also announced that the 2015 World Championship medal events will be based on the Rio 2016 programme, with next year's Worlds in Lyon, France following the format of last year's event in Christchurch, New Zealand.

http://www.insidewor...nts-at-rio-2016