Rio 2016 Logo Launch - Live Discussion

TV GLOBO ALREADY SHOWN FEW MOMENTS AGO A PART OF THE OFFICIAL VIDEO THAT WILL UNVEIL THE EMBLEM/LOGO!!!

http://globoesporte.globo.com/videos/globo-esporte/v/globo-esporte-mostra-aperitivo-da-logomarca-das-olimpiadas-do-rio/1402580/

The logo will be unveiled officially at exactly 22:16 Rio de Janeiro time.

Mmmmh... Metallic colours. Wenlock, are you going to Rio too? :lol:

22:16??? What a moment!! 20:16 would have been much better for me :rolleyes:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I hope the actual video shows more than it :)

Green, orange, yellow, blue...as expected. Rio 2016 logo will feature the colors of the brazilian flag.

And i suspect the metalic surface is meant to symbolize medals?

Mmmmh... Metallic colours. Wenlock, are you going to Rio too? :lol:

22:16??? What a moment!! 20:16 would have been much better for me :rolleyes:

Yeah, 20:16 would be much better, indeed, during Brazilian prime time news...

I think the metallic thing is only for the 3D presentation of the video.

The organizing committee has managed to get a wonderful logo launch, they've created much expectation. I'm as excited as if I were Brazilian!

BTW, nice music in the logo video.

Man, you can imagine how I am anxious to see it. The video got great... Let's see the final result.

It seems Rio will play it safe, no polemic or "innovative" logo.

Don't be so fast! This hasn't finished yet... But I also think it will be totally different from London and Sochi.

Yeah, I know, but watching the comments from Rio 2016 committee people, it seems that "cultural and local motifs" will play a role in this logo.

I was taking a look at the IOC website, recalling the logos of the past. The logo of Rome is very strange. Those from Mexico and Tokyo are horrible. The best is the Los Angeles 84.

Well, this isn't generating much buzz here at the forum, but I guess we'll see a larger, fiercer reaction tomorrow after everyone recovers from their new year's celebration hungover XD

Does someone knows another place which is not Justin tv to watch the Rio 2016 logo? (Justin tv is telling me now that i reached the limit for my country... <_< )

...And it seems to be playing a soap opera right now. One would think the official website would have something, but it doesn't seem to.

http://tvbrasil.ebc.com.br/internacional/

The Windows Media Player box on the right has a live feed.

Archived