Where will the excess 2022 stadia go to?

baron-pierreIV

OK, Qatar 2022 is a done deal. Next big topic...where do you think they will "pawn off" the excess 9 stadia? Here are some of my guesses: I think they would be mostly the poorer muslim countries and of course those that have ports:

1. Somalia

2. Yemen

3. Afghanistan

4. Pakistan (maybe even 2 to Pakistan)

5. Bangladesh

6. maybe Rwanda

7. Bosnia

8. last one, be insulting and offer one to Israel

It'll be the moslem world that'll mostly inherit those stadia...which would only be understandable.

Argentina... They are having problems with building stadiums for Copa America 2011... Could Qatar borrow the stadiums to Argentina now and in two year get back?

Well, Argentines are not so trustable.

I wonder if they will only give them to muslim countries or Not. <_<

Anyway, not for Lille, France. We are actually building a wonderful stadium, based on how English & German have done theis best ones.

It's going to be amazing, can't wait to see my team play in it :lol:

I've seen Lille's stadium plans and they do look impressive. It's the one with the tennis courts and the multi-use arena under the pitch right?

Yes, Lille's stadium is a multi use arena ! It could host football (of course), tennis, multi sports, concert... It's one of the new french stadium for Euro 2016, there will have 3 others new stadium to Lyon (OL land), Bordeaux and Nice... And some other will be enlarged like Marseille

Stack them one on top of another at an angle, turn up the air conditioning full blast, and voila...the Qatar bid for the 2026 Winter Olympics begins!

After all, the markets for snow and ice sports in North America, Europe, and Japan are so highly developed. We must €xpand to new p£ace$ and n€w territorie$ that trul¥ embrace $now $ports, live them dail¥, and cheri$h the natura£ €nvironment.

Archived