Jump to content

FIFA World Cup 2026


Kenadian
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

The US could have easily bid on their own but opted not too. That means you have to accept the USSF won't get their way in everything. They have enough weight to lobby for more games and the finals but they aren't getting everything while leaving the less important groups to Mexico and Canada. If the USSF wanted everything going their way, they would have bid solo but they needed their neighbors to co host with them to overcome not getting enough votes to win and it was heading this way.

And you and Mexico will have to understand that 2026 is the USA's 250th birthday, and, sorry to have to say it so bluntly, you 2 are just part of the scenery for that tournament.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, baron-pierreIV said:

I don't care.  It doesn't mean anything to me. 

LOL baron, don't let your ignorance show here.  Azteca is probably going to get either the first game or the last game.  You can frame this as being the US's World Cup with 2 hangers on all you want, but don't discount what Mexico offers.  Canada, on the other hand.. :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

LOL baron, don't let your ignorance show here.  Azteca is probably going to get either the first game or the last game.  You can frame this as being the US's World Cup with 2 hangers on all you want, but don't discount what Mexico offers.  Canada, on the other hand.. :rolleyes:

BFDeal!  It's nothing but a stadium -- that means jacksh*t to non-die-hard soccer fans.  You may revere it; but not everybody else does.  Oops, I thought that was Ansem replying.  Anyway, if the 2 of you paid me to revere Azteca, then I might change my mind.  But it's a HORRIBLE, NOISY venue to play in.  

Edited by baron-pierreIV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Canada, it will likely be BC Place (Vancouver), BMO Field (Toronto) and Commonwealth Stadium (Edmonton). 

BMO Field or BC Place will likely get the third place game (which no one really cares about anyways).

The final should take place in the biggest venue imo, but yes I agree Azteca gets the opening or closing game, with the USA getting the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

For Canada, it will likely be BC Place (Vancouver), BMO Field (Toronto) and Commonwealth Stadium (Edmonton). 

BMO Field or BC Place will likely get the third place game (which no one really cares about anyways).

The final should take place in the biggest venue imo, but yes I agree Azteca gets the opening or closing game, with the USA getting the other.

Olympic Stadium will the Canada's major Stadium. They are already renovating the tower and will most likely remove it's roof. If they go for the 1976 configuration, it's a potentially 70k seats + stadium. It easily gets a semi-final match.

3rd place game would go to Edmonton Commonwealth or Vancouver BC Place

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, LatinXTC said:

Oh ok good. In that case, why wait for 2030??? Let's have the Argentina/Uruguay/Chile bid in 2026 instead! It's a 3-way bid that makes far more sense, an doesn't involve 3 countries that are at each other's throats constantly, well that I know of. 

Uh, other than sons recent dust ups due to our lunatic-in-chief, the US, Canada and Mexico get along remarkably well. Meanwhile, Argentina and Chile have a loooong history of animosity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

BFDeal!  It's nothing but a stadium -- that means jacksh*t to non-die-hard soccer fans.

Anyone who follows football even casually will know that stadium.

That said, I don't know what state it's in or how much renovation it would need for a world cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

No way Azteca hosts the final:

- altitude

- perceived attractiveness of the host city

- no matter how it's officially presented, the three hosts are not equal. The US is the top dog here.

My guess is the Rose Bowl for the final.

Why the Rose Bowl when there will be a nearly brand new stadium in LA, not to mention an extensively renovated Coliseum?  I know the Rose Bowl has a large capacity, but not much else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Why the Rose Bowl when there will be a nearly brand new stadium in LA, not to mention an extensively renovated Coliseum?  I know the Rose Bowl has a large capacity, but not much else

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_stadiums_by_capacity

Mainly to edge Azteca in terms of capacity to make the argument that the finals should be in the US. In terms of tradition/notoriety/popularity across the world, Azteca has the edge in CONCACAF and they can increase seating to over 100k

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

Why the Rose Bowl when there will be a nearly brand new stadium in LA, not to mention an extensively renovated Coliseum?  I know the Rose Bowl has a large capacity, but not much else

I know Gunil (sp?) walked MetLife with Blatter and/or Infantino with an eye to making that the Finals venue in the next US bid -- and that is why they are holding the kick-off press conference in the Big Apple.  Quaker, you should know that!!

Edited by baron-pierreIV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...