FIFA WC USA-Mexico-Canada 2026

Kenadian

It's convertable. A friendly match(Chelsea vs Man City) was held at Yankee's stadium in May 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-bTCDy4k0

No it's not convertible. Yankee stadium is holding a hockey game tomorrow. I suppose we should award the world hockey championships to Yankee stadium?

With 1000 stadiums to choose from do you really think they will choose a baseball stadium with horrible sightedness?

*signtlines

Rogers Centre would need a renovation to host soccer games. It won't host World Cup games imo. If anything it will be BMO + New Stadium.

I think it would just be a new stadium for Toronto, especially if you want to spread hosting cities around.

As for Tony's remarks about a US WC, that's totally laughable at best.

A USA World Cup could look like this:

Rose Bowl - Los Angeles - 94,000+

FedExField - Washington D.C - 91,000+

Cowboys Stadium - Dallas - 91,600

Metlife Stadium - New York - 82,566

INVESCO Field at Mile High - Denver - 75,165
Raymond James Stadium - Tampa - 75,000
Gillette Stadium - Boston - 73,393
University of Phoenix Stadium - Phoenix - 71,362
Georgia Dome (or new stadium) - Atlanta - 71,228+

CenturyLink Field - Seattle - 68,056+

Lucas Oil Stadium - Indianapolis - 66,500

Soldier Field - Chicago - 61,000

12 venues in 12 cities in 12 states. A good mix from around the country. Las Vegas would be the location for the Group draw. No new venues are needed or even upgrades/renovations, if Atlanta builds a new stadium by then it will be used. I think the key to another USA bid is to offer outright these venues and not a shortlist of 18 venues like in their 2022 bid. Concretely give the venue plan as such, without any changes.

No it's not convertible. Yankee stadium is holding a hockey game tomorrow. I suppose we should award the world hockey championships to Yankee stadium?

With 1000 stadiums to choose from do you really think they will choose a baseball stadium with horrible sightedness?

*signtlines

I had to say the stadium can be used as football stadium at times."Convertable" might not always be appropriate. ;) For me the stadium isn't not so bad. B)

It's convertable. A friendly match(Chelsea vs Man City) was held at Yankee's stadium in May 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-bTCDy4k0

I knew they were going over to the states for a friendly, didn't realise they'd be playing in a baseball stadium...looks interesting :blink: I think the US would probably pass on that as an option for 2026! Only the ends look like they'd have ok views, and I wouldn't want to be sat by the bottom corner flag! :lol:

00073765-640.jpg

Tony, you are ridiculous.

There is so much wrong with what you propose, I don't know where to get started.

Oh wait - I do. The United States will never build a "National Stadium."

Ugh, maybe I was a bit harsh. But seriously, you're proposing this stuff and you seem to know little about politics/culture in the US.

You was a bit harsh. I respect you having a different opinion, just don't appreciate you calling me ridiculous.

Tony, my God there is so much wrong with what you posted. Let's go through this:

- National Stadium- The United States would never build one, there are already a million stadiums.

- Yankee Stadium- this is a baseball stadium. enough said.

- MetLife Stadium- does not need to be renovated. it's like 3 years old FFS

- New Stadium in D.C.- no need. Redskins stadium is fine in Landover, Maryland

- Soldier Field- renovated ten years ago FFS.

- New Rose Bowl- no need, old one can be renovated.

- New Stadium- why the f*ck is that needed? What's wrong with the current one?

- New Reliant Stadium- again, why the f*ck is a new one needed?

- Rice-Eccles Stadium- with a million nfl/college football stadiums, no MLS stadiums will be used

- PETCO Park- baseball, again

I think I got angrier as I wrote this post. Your suggestions were that stupid. Let's hope you never run a World Cup OC, cause you would need a budget of about 50 trillion dollars.

Rose Bowl is so old, it would be more feasible to rebuild. Alot of Stadiums need Roofs put over the Stands for the World Cup, which is part of a Renovation, also with added corporate facilities for some. New York Red Bulls Stadium is too small, if that was upgraded to 40,000, that would be good enough.

I knew they were going over to the states for a friendly, didn't realise they'd be playing in a baseball stadium...looks interesting :blink: I think the US would probably pass on that as an option for 2026! Only the ends look like they'd have ok views, and I wouldn't want to be sat by the bottom corner flag! :lol:

Yes very interesting. I'd like to go there. It will be effective for gathering spectators and also will be newsworthiness :D !

You was a bit harsh. I respect you having a different opinion, just don't appreciate you calling me ridiculous.

Rose Bowl is so old, it would be more feasible to rebuild. Alot of Stadiums need Roofs put over the Stands for the World Cup, which is part of a Renovation, also with added corporate facilities for some. New York Red Bulls Stadium is too small, if that was upgraded to 40,000, that would be good enough.

Why do they need roofs? And for what it's worth, Reliant Stadium already has a roof. Tony, stop talking about subjects you know absolutely nothing about.

Why do they need roofs? And for what it's worth, Reliant Stadium already has a roof. Tony, stop talking about subjects you know absolutely nothing about.

I do know about this subject, when it comes to Stadiums e.t.c. With Fifa World Cups, most seating areas have to be covered. There are regulations. Fine, if you think renovation for Rose Bowl, it would need a MAJOR renovation. Don't say I know nothing about Stadium's when I study Stadium's on a daily basis. Just because you see something differently to others, doesn't mean you are right or you are wrong. Deep down, only the Organsing Committee and Authorities have the power to decide renovation, rebuild or if a roof is included. All us normal people, can speculate and give opinions. My opinion is different to yours in this matter, deal with it. Don't accuse me of not knowing nothing about this subject, just because I differ on opinion to you.

At the end of the day it's going to come down to how the NFL teams/universities feel about their stadiums being remodelled for some silly month long soccer tournament.

It's not a silly month long Football Tournament!

At the end of the day it's going to come down to how the NFL teams/universities feel about their stadiums being remodelled for some silly month long soccer tournament.

Remodeled for what? They will naturally be upgraded for future benefit in all major sports played there. And you would choose venues that can comfortably fit a soccer field without major alterations to the ground itself. Not to mention that most venues can be used as is, without major upgrades needed.

Edited by Lord David

Remodeled for what? They will naturally be upgraded for future benefit in all major sports played there. And you would choose venues that can comfortably fit a soccer field without major alterations to the ground itself. Not to mention that most venues can be used as is, without major upgrades needed.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

The Rose Bowl is old, but it has undergone a steady stream of upgrades and renovations. It's in excellent condition and totally worthy of a World Cup.

Indeed, there are differences between nations here. But Tony might actually be right sbout FIFA requirements re: roofs.

Thanks Rob. It's all down to spectator comfort.

The US has an absolutely ridiculous amount of world class stadiums. Its really hard for me to imagine that they wouldn't be able to find a dozen stadiums without building anything or doing any meaningful renovations. In terms of venues they are the country that is the best equipped for a world cup, hands down.

Edited by Fox334

I have no idea what you are talking about.

What I mean is that those NFL (and possibly, though unlikely University) stadiums should have no problems with accommodating a World Cup. Everything is mostly ready to go. And any upgrades would benefit the venue in general.