FIFA WC USA-Mexico-Canada 2026

Kenadian

Who said a new stadium had to be built at Calgary? You could build one and there have been preliminary plans out there, but I can easily see a heavily renovated McMahon Stadium being used.

Just expand the seating, make it all individual seats, refurbish the concourses etc, it could work.

BC Place doesn't need any more renovations, it's fine with the upgrades it got for the 2010 Winter Olympics and the retractable roof installed after.

Ottawa and Hamilton stadiums can surely be expanded to 40,000+, it's necessary to do so for stuff like the Grey Cup. I doubt BMO field or Rogers Centre will be used (but possibly proposed) and a 100,000 seater will be proposed to be built.

Toronto using 3 stadiums is unlikely, not only based on rules, but would just mean that another Canadian city would be denied hosting.

The 3 cluster, 4 stadiums each or 4 cluster 3 stadium setup can work.

Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina

Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa

Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax, Moncton

Moncton's existing stadium would be the only real venue which needs to be analyzed to see if it can be expanded to 40,000+.

Calgary needs a replacement. We have only 3 thst can host right now with minor tweaks.

Yeah, Winnipeg needs an expansion, Montreal needs renovation, Toronto needs a new Stadium (Probably 80,000 seats for final), Edmonton needs major renovation, Calgary needs a new stadium, Halifax needs a new stadium.

I don't think you can justify a stadium in Halifax without a guarantee of the Cfl coming. Otherwise it would be a white elephant.

Not necessarily, Halifax could have a 42,000 Seater for World Cup, downgraded to 20,000 post world cup. These are the Stadiums and Capacities I would have:

New National Stadium (Toronto) - 80,000 Seats - Brand New. Final, Quarter Final, Round of 16, Group Games (Including Opening Match). Permanent Capacity.

Rogers Centre (Toronto) - 60,000 Seats - Renovation and Expansion. Round of 16, Group Games. Permanent Capacity.

Olympic Stadium (Montreal) - 70,000 Seats - Renovation and Expansion. Semi Final, Quarter Final, Round of 16 and Group Games. Permanent Capacity.

Commonwealth Stadium (Edmonton) - 65,000 Seats - Renovation and Expansion. Semi Final, Quarter Final, Round of 16 and Group Games. Permanent Capacity.

BC Place (Vancouver) - 54,320 - Renovation. 3rd/4th Place Play Off, Quarter Final, Round of 16 and Group Games. Permanent Capacity.

McMahon Stadium (Calgary) - 55,000 - Renovation and Expansion. Round of 16 and Group Games. Downgraded to 30,000 Seats after World Cup.

New Stadium (Ottawa) - 47,000 Seats - Brand New. Round of 16 and Group Games. Downgraded to 20,000 Seats after World Cup.

New Stadium (Regina) - 46,000 Seats - Brand New. Round of 16 and Group Games. Downgraded to 30,000 Seats after World Cup.

Investors Group Field (Winnipeg) - 44,000 Seats - Expansion. Group Games. Permanent Capacity.

New Stadium (Quebec City) - 44,000 Seats - Brand New. Group Games. Downgraded to 25,000 Seats after World Cup.

New Stadium (Kingston) - 42,000 Seats - Brand New. Group Games. Downgraded to 20,000 Seats after World Cup.

New Stadium (Moncton) - 42,000 Seats - Brand New. Group Games. Permanent Capacity.

Halifax could be a Training Venue.

We can't just upgrade the seating capacities of exisiting stadiums and expect to win. Some of the stadiums are completely hideous or just plain basic and boring. The exteriors would need to get brand new designs.

Other than The New National Stadium in Toronto that I proposed, the bigger Stadium's wouldn't get rebuilt. Olympic Stadium in Montreal is a landmark, so is BC Place and Commonwealth Stadium. Investors Group Field is fairly new.

Other than The New National Stadium in Toronto that I proposed, the bigger Stadium's wouldn't get rebuilt. Olympic Stadium in Montreal is a landmark, so is BC Place and Commonwealth Stadium. Investors Group Field is fairly new.

BC Place has already got its renovations inside and to its exterior plus its new retractable roof. All it needs are some minor modifications and grass. I personally like the new look of the stadium.

I think a World Cup will lead to a revitilization of Montreal's Olympic Stadium. The stadium is falling apart and looks quite sad, tired and dated inside and out. A complete rebuild of the roof and upgrade of its exterior and interior. That would be an exciting project.

Commonwealth Stadium is just plain ugly and old. It needs a brand new design.

Edited by dave199

Toronto using 3 stadiums is unlikely, not only based on rules, but would just mean that another Canadian city would be denied hosting.

Oh there's a rule in place limiting how many stadiums one host city can have? If there is a Canadian city denied hosting because they don't have a stadium to work with or none at all, and if there is no future tenant for a new build to take place than why should they be selected?

Edited by dave199

Here's what works best:

New Toronto Stadium (80,000)

Rogers Centre (54,000) no renovations

McMahon Stadium (50,000) with renovations

Olympic Stadium (60,000) renovations for a new stadium for the Allouettes, remove the roof

BC Place (50,000) no renovations

Investors Group Field (45,000) just built

New Regina Stadium (40,000) already planned

Tim Horton's Stadium (40,000) just renovated

Ottawa Stadium (40,000) just renovated

Commonwealth Stadium (65,000) renovated

That's 10 stadiums right there. That's all you need. Brazil built or renovated every stadium for 2014. Canada would not need such extensive construction.

Oh there's a rule in place limiting how many stadiums one host city can have? If there is a Canadian city denied hosting because they don't have a stadium to work with or none at all, and if there is no future tenant for a new build to take place than why should they be selected?

Yeah. Only 1 City is allowed 2 Cities. So, like Johannesburg had 2 Stadiums (Soccer City and Ellis Park), or like Brazil, with 1 Stadium in each City.

Here's what works best:

New Toronto Stadium (80,000)

Rogers Centre (54,000) no renovations

McMahon Stadium (50,000) with renovations

Olympic Stadium (60,000) renovations for a new stadium for the Allouettes, remove the roof

BC Place (50,000) no renovations

Investors Group Field (45,000) just built

New Regina Stadium (40,000) already planned

Tim Horton's Stadium (40,000) just renovated

Ottawa Stadium (40,000) just renovated

Commonwealth Stadium (65,000) renovated

That's 10 stadiums right there. That's all you need. Brazil built or renovated every stadium for 2014. Canada would not need such extensive construction.

Rogers Centre needs renovation. BC Place needs minor renovation. Plus, standards will be higher by 2026. Commonwealth Stadium needs MAJOR renovation, including roof over stands and new facade.

I just can't get away from "Canada's men's soccer team is currently ranked 111th in the world."

ikr unless that improves and Canada qualifies for Russia I think the bid is a non-starter. Also Tony Ottawa won't build a new stadium when one is currently under construction.

Yeah. Only 1 City is allowed 2 Cities. So, like Johannesburg had 2 Stadiums (Soccer City and Ellis Park), or like Brazil, with 1 Stadium in each City.

Rogers Centre needs renovation. BC Place needs minor renovation. Plus, standards will be higher by 2026. Commonwealth Stadium needs MAJOR renovation, including roof over stands and new facade.

BC Place was renovated last year. Rogers Centre cannot be renovated with all the development around it. Moreover, it doesn't need to be. It holds 81 MLB games a year perfectly.

BC Place was renovated last year. Rogers Centre cannot be renovated with all the development around it. Moreover, it doesn't need to be. It holds 81 MLB games a year perfectly.

Rogers Centre would need a renovation to host soccer games. It won't host World Cup games imo. If anything it will be BMO + New Stadium.

Rogers Centre would need a renovation to host soccer games. It won't host World Cup games imo. If anything it will be BMO + New Stadium.

Yeah, for Football Games, it needs a renovation for the Football World Cup 2026.

If the Usa Bids, these are the Stadiums and Capacities I would have:

New National Stadium, New York City (82,000 Seats) Brand New - Final, Quarter-Final, Round of 16 and Group Matches (Including Opening Match). Permanent Capacity.

Yankee Stadium, New York City (56,000 Seats) Renovated and Expanded - Round of 16 and Group Matches. Permanent Capacity.

MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford (78,000 Seats) Renovated - Semi-Final, Quarter Final, Round of 16 and Group Matches. Permanent Capacity.

New Stadium, Washington D.C. (70,000 Seats) Brand New - Semi Final, Quarter Final, Round of 16 and Group Matches. Permanent Capacity.

Soldier Field, Chicago (60,000 Seats) Renovated - 3rd/4th Place Play-Off, Quarter Final, Round of 16 and Group Matches. Permanent Capacity.

New Rose Bowl, Pasadena (55,000 Seats) Brand New - Round of 16 and Group Matches. Permanent Capacity.

New Stadium, Denver (52,000 Seats) Brand New - Round of 16 and Group Matches. Permanent Capacity.

New Reliant Stadium, Houston (48,000 Seats) Brand New - Round of 16 and Group Matches. Permanent Capacity.

Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City (46,000 Seats) Renovated - Group Matches. Permanent Capacity.

PETCO Park, San Diego (44,000 Seats) Renovated - Group Matches. Permanent Capacity.

Tony, you are ridiculous.

There is so much wrong with what you propose, I don't know where to get started.

Oh wait - I do. The United States will never build a "National Stadium."

Ugh, maybe I was a bit harsh. But seriously, you're proposing this stuff and you seem to know little about politics/culture in the US.

Tony, my God there is so much wrong with what you posted. Let's go through this:

- National Stadium- The United States would never build one, there are already a million stadiums.

- Yankee Stadium- this is a baseball stadium. enough said.

- MetLife Stadium- does not need to be renovated. it's like 3 years old FFS

- New Stadium in D.C.- no need. Redskins stadium is fine in Landover, Maryland

- Soldier Field- renovated ten years ago FFS.

- New Rose Bowl- no need, old one can be renovated.

- New Stadium- why the f*ck is that needed? What's wrong with the current one?

- New Reliant Stadium- again, why the f*ck is a new one needed?

- Rice-Eccles Stadium- with a million nfl/college football stadiums, no MLS stadiums will be used

- PETCO Park- baseball, again

I think I got angrier as I wrote this post. Your suggestions were that stupid. Let's hope you never run a World Cup OC, cause you would need a budget of about 50 trillion dollars.

• Like 2

Tony, you are ridiculous.

There is so much wrong with what you propose, I don't know where to get started.

Oh wait - I do. The United States will never build a "National Stadium."

Ugh, maybe I was a bit harsh. But seriously, you're proposing this stuff and you seem to know little about politics/culture in the US.

Gelatin, please take it easy. He is the KNOW-IT-ALL, 16-year old wunderkind from London, England no less. He KNOWS everything!!!