FIFA WC USA-Mexico-Canada 2026

Kenadian

Canada would be worst hosts for the World Cup: unbearably polite country for football...

unless they bring them hockey fans to the crowds

Well I have never been to Canada so I cannot comment but in terms of Stadiums, Canada is quite equipped. Montreal Olympic Stadium, Montreal (Renovation), Edmonton Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton (Renovation), New Winnipeg Stadium, Winnipeg (Expanison), BC Place Stadium, Vancouver (Expansion), Rogers Centre, Toronto (Renovation/Expansion), McMahon Stadium, Calgary (Renovation/Expansion), Frank Clair Stadium, Ottawa (Renovation/Expansion), BMO Field, Toronto (Renovation/Expansion).

• Thanks 1

South Africa truly is a football-crazy nation, at least the black population, Qatar was a farce that never should have happened and USA had some history in the sport plus a multicultural, 300 million population that had shown itself to be able to get excited about major sport events and create biggest shows on Earth which they did in '94, something that their northern neighbours would most likely find very hard to match.

I'm not completely against Canada hosting but I hope it doesn't happen too soon after Qatar. I also expect Canada to show some progress in the game before bidding to host. I don't want to see a WC with lacklustre atmosphere, third or fourth rate host team and empty stadiums.

South Africa truly is a football-crazy nation, at least the black population, Qatar was a farce that never should have happened and USA had some history in the sport plus a multicultural, 300 million population that had shown itself to be able to get excited about major sport events and create biggest shows on Earth which they did in '94, something that their northern neighbours would most likely find very hard to match.

I'm not completely against Canada hosting but I hope it doesn't happen too soon after Qatar. I also expect Canada to show some progress in the game before bidding to host. I don't want to see a WC with lacklustre atmosphere, third or fourth rate host team and empty stadiums.

In terms of World Cup hosting, Canada to me seems like a smaller, more bland version of the US.

I'd like a Canadian WC, but it's unlikely. They aren't the best team, AFAIK they don't have any domestic men's structure at all, only the 3 teams in MLS. It would be less compact than Brazil, the cities are spread out, imagine needing to play in Vancouver 4 days after playing in Halifax. And in any case Canada is (& should be) focused on a Toronto Olympics.

Canada would be worst hosts for the World Cup: unbearably polite country for football...

unless they bring them hockey fans to the crowds

Yes, the country that cheers for hockey brawls could not possibly stand the extreme violence of football :wacko:

• Like 1

Canada is NOT a football-crazy nation. Not gonna happen.

I disagree on that. All three MLS teams are beacon of consistent attendance. Toronto FC was seen as a model franchise when it entered the league. Sell outs in every FIFA tournament hosted here, heck 47,000 turned out for the gold medal match at a women's youth tournament. Moreover more youth play soccer in Canada then hockey so that shows how popular the sport really is here.

Well, 2015 will be the real test. Stage a great Women's WC, & Fifa might be on side, & really, there's nothing else left for Canada to host. What kind of stadiums would you need? I'm guessing a big national stadium in Toronto (with track capability ;), a replacement or a big renovation for the Olympic stadium in Montreal, and a new stadium in Halifax (finally). Anything else?

Quebec City, possible expansion of Moncton's stadium.

You got an ideal plan right there with 3 "regions or sectors" of 4 venues.

West, Central, East

West:

Vancouver - 54,000 (existing)

Calgary - 50,000+ (existing)

Edmonton - 54,000+ (existing)

Regina - 50,000 (new)

Central:

Winnipeg - 40,000 (existing)

Toronto - 80,000+ (new)

Hamilton - 40,000 (existing)

Ottawa - 40,000 (existing)

East:

Moncton - 40,000 (existing)

Montreal - 60,000+ (existing)

Quebec City - 40,000 (new)

Halifax - 40,000 (new)

You provide 16 non host city locations to host 2 teams each, including the Territories, throughout the country. Legacy training grounds etc will be the legacy of such host cities. Grass won't grow in Iqaluit? Not a problem, make the training venue indoor. This should also be the case for the other Territory capitals if it's too cold during the time of the World Cup.

Canada could and should host a great World Cup someday!

• Like 2

That's a very good plan. If they want it, Canada could provide a very big challenge to the US when it's next CONCACAF's turn. Will the US go for 2026, especially as it's the 250th anniversary of independence, I'd think they may want some kind of mega-event, either the World Cup or the WOGs.

Morocco would also be a good Bid aswell in my Opinion:

Grand Stade de Casablanca, Casablanca (80,000 Seats Brand New Venue - Final Venue, Quarter Final, Round of 16 and Group Stage)

Stade Mohamed V, Casablanca (67,000 Seats Rebuilt - Semi-Final Venue, Round of 16 and Group Stage including Opening Match)

Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium, Rabat (67,000 Seats Rebuilt - Semi-Final Venue, Round of 16 and Group Stage)

Stade Adrar, Agadir (55,000 Seats Renovated/Expanded - Quarter-Final Venue, 3rd/4th Place Playoff, Round of 16 and Group Stage)

Stade de Marrakech, Marrakech (57,000 Seats Renovated/Expanded - Quarter-Final Venue, Round of 16 and Group Stage)

Stade de Tanger, Tanger (51,000 seats Renovated/Expanded - Quarter-Final Venue, Round of 16 and Group Stage)

Fez Stadium, Fes (47,000 Seats Renovated/Expanded - Round of 16 and Group Stage)

Honneur Stadium, Oujda (46,000 Seats Renovated/Expanded - Round of 16 and Group Stage)

Stade Cheikh Laaghdef, El Aaiun (44,000 Seats Renovated/Expanded - Group Stage)

Stade d'Honneur de Meknes, Meknes (42,000 Seats Renovated/Expanded - Group Stage)

Look guys it's opinion. Some people see things differently. I personally think Canada should host it as Usa and Mexico have already hosted it and Canada is more Football crazy then Qatar, I think any country is.

I'm nominating Turkmenistan. They have the world's biggest velodrome apparently - surely it can hold a football match then?

Lol. I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or serious. If serious then 6,000 is not big enough. By the way my London Velodrome has 6,000 seats so it's joint biggest.