FIFA WC USA-Mexico-Canada 2026

Kenadian

They need to propose 10 stadiums for Euro so it isn't a stretch.

For 24 teams, they need 10 stadia? Why?

If so, there might be 3 in Istanbul (18 mil); 2 in Ankara (5.5 mil), Izmir, *Erzurum, *Antalya, *Kona (I'm guessing those are next best 3 in order).

So that's how they may do it then.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

• 3 weeks later...

I think FIFA will have been new frontiered out, so 2026 could be interesting. I think we will see bids from:

• United States of America
  • England
  • Australia
  • Turkey or Turkey/Azerbaijan
  • Ukraine/Poland
  • Japan, South Korea or China

England has ruled out a bid for the foreseeable future

Australia was snakebiten (akin to Chicago 2016) and won't be back, being in the Asian confederation they won't be able to bid as well, same goes for Japan, Korea and China

Turkey has the European problem as Europe will be excluded from bids for 2026, same goes for Ukraine/Poland

2026 can be hosted in Africa (Morocco), South America (Argentina, Colombia) or CONCACAF (USA, Canada, Mexico)

Yeah, forget Australia from that list. Too much criticism and funny business came up in the wash-up to the 2022 campaign. No way they'd get the support domestically to mount another bid.

Not to mention, as faster says, that unless FIFA decides to tweak its rotational policies again, it's just not Asia's time to bid.

I forgot that FIFA still had its rotational policy in place. That does not give must potential for hostings then. i can't see a bid from Africa happening. i think in this case it would be stupid for USA not to bid

Surely they will get rid of it - no offence to the confederations that can bid but its only really the USA that would be capable of hosting, so they might want to get rid of it so that it makes a more competitive and interesting bid race.

Who knows what will happen? The frustrating thing is it's gonna be 7 years till the next vote. So, say, about three years till we start getting serious announcements of intentions to bid. I wouldn't be surprised to see the rules change. Still don't think Asia would get much of a sniff at 2026.

Only USA and Mexico have the stadiums needed. I dont think so that Argentina will bid.

Argentina will wait until 2030. They have a project to host jointly with Uruguay to celebrate 100 years since the first World Cup

Well, it IS FIFA ... it can change its policy in an instant if Sepp wakes up with a brain fart on any particular morning.

Exactly. It was only 5 years ago that there was an equal continental rotation policy giving Europe every 6th WC (utter nonsense). The way FIFA works, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see England or China ending up with 2026, countries from 2 continents which would supposedly be ineligible using today's rules. And I'd give greater chances for England to take 2030 than Argentina/Uruguay as well, despite how everyone has already annointed A/U as centennial favourites.

lol, england ain't winning **** in the next decades... Better wait for the oldies to die before trying to bid again.

2030 will go to Argentina/Uruguay unless argentina wont be 100% recovered by then from their bankrupt that'll be declared in the next years...

lol, england ain't winning **** in the next decades... Better wait for the oldies to die before trying to bid again.

Says a lot about FIFA that doesn't it? But it's really not a problem, because I don't think we really want to bid again anyway.

We'll have to make do with the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League. I don't know how we'll manage, but I'm sure we'll muddle through somehow without a World Cup to host.

Edited by RobH
  • Like 2

Says a lot about FIFA that doesn't it? But it's really not a problem, because I don't think we really want to bid again anyway.

We'll have to make do with the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League. I don't know how we'll manage, but I'm sure we'll muddle through somehow without a World Cup to host.

England is the perfect host. All 12 venues are within driving distance of each other !

Offtopic ^^ Are those official renders of the venues? *rolleyes*

As matter of fact, England do has a chance in 2030, who says it HAS to be in Uruguay-Argentina (though I love the idea)? See what happened to Athens in 1996...

England had a much better chance in 2018 and they managed to piss off even more voters lol. They'll have to wait a lot before bidding again.

Anyways, England NT sucks so.. In the past ONE HUNDRED YEARS the inventors of Football won 0 olympics, 0 confederation cups, 0 eurocups 1 (robbed) world cup.

and they love football with passion, lol. no country loves football more than england and they still suck. Mystery.

England had a much better chance in 2018 and they managed to piss off even more voters lol. They'll have to wait a lot before bidding again.

Anyways, England NT sucks so.. In the past ONE HUNDRED YEARS the inventors of Football won 0 olympics, 0 confederation cups, 0 eurocups 1 (robbed) world cup.

and they love football with passion, lol. no country loves football more than england and they still suck. Mystery.

150 years ago next we invented football in fact, which is why we've got the Champions League final again this season :

http://www.thefa.com/about-football-association/fa150