FIFA WC USA-Mexico-Canada 2026

Kenadian

22 minutes ago, FYI said:

Do you know how many times Assinine (aka Ansem) "hijacked" the L.A. 2024 thread with FIFA 2026 crapola? Plenty!

In case you haven't noticed, since you're NEW here & all, but topics often times drift around here cuz that's the nature of this website. So you better get use to that if you're gonna be sticking around (but considering your argumentative first impression, I hope that you don't).

And "belittling"?! If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black! 

Fine, according to you, I needed more "context" (since both you & Assinine are new here & didn't understand my point without having to write an essay on European hiatory & all). But you didn't need to intitally be a "belittling", condescending pr!ck about it, either.

I don't care about your little feud. Be a big boy and stop this already 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mack_king said:

I don't care about your little feud. Be a big boy and stop this already 

Obviously you do care, though. Otherwise, you wouldn't have reared your ugly nose in it to begin with. But nice try in deflecting. Heed your own "advice", & next time try to be more civil when responding to other people's post.

Projecting, are you? And you're such a fu@king hypocrite, when you've derailed the L.A. 2024 OLYMPIC bid thread with your world cup drivel over there. You NEVER bring anything productive to the conversation & it certainly hasn't been "fun". It's actually trolls like you (& Truff, & your new "buddy" over here) that ruin these boards, & obviously others have seen it, too.. But I digress, cuz I'm not sinking myself to your level any longer. And I don't want to see you later. :P

6 minutes ago, FYI said:

Projecting, are you? And you're such a fu@king hypocrite, when you've derailed the L.A. 2024 OLYMPIC bid thread with your world cup drivel over there. You NEVER bring anything productive to the conversation & it certainly hasn't been "fun". It's actually trolls like you (& Truff, & your new "buddy" over here) that ruin these boards, & obviously others have seen it, too.. But I digress, cuz I'm not sinking myself to your level any longer. And I don't want to see you later. :P

Yeah...just get out of here and go make more claim like how Barcelona didn't exist until the Olympics came into town... Dumbest thing I've read all year. Go save face somewhere else 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FYI said:

Obviously you do care, though. Otherwise, you wouldn't have reared your ugly nose in it to begin with. But nice try in deflecting. Heed your own "advice", & next time try to be more civil when responding to other people's post.

moving on...

Predictions on who gets the opening game?

1 hour ago, Mack_king said:

Predictions on who gets the opening game?

Azteca.  If the last 8 games of the tournament would be in the United States, let the first one be elsewhere.  Let Mexico get the opener as they have the most iconic stadium the continent can offer.  And then give game number 2 to Canada and let them share in the opening ceremonies.

19 hours ago, Ansem said:

Yeah...just get out of here and go make more claim like how Barcelona didn't exist until the Olympics came into town... Dumbest thing I've read all year. Go save face somewhere else 

Actually, the Olympic opening to the world and legacy of Barcelona is something that's pretty well known and accepted by keen followers of the games (like the membership here). And just today on the Olympic website: 

PRAISE FOR BARCELONA’S OLYMPIC LEGACY AS CITY WELCOMES IOC’S OLYMPIC SOLIDARITY COMMISSION - 25 YEARS ON FROM THE GAMES. THE GAMES WERE A BOOST TO THE INTERNATIONALISATION AND THE OPENING OF BARCELONA AND CATALONIA TO THE WORLD

For everyone else - Sorry for continuing the thread drift, but the timing of the IOC article was just too good to pass up.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ansem said:

That's hilarious that Arena thinks he can accomplish something the U.S. has never done before.  Maybe Canada can aspire to do the same thing and score a single goal in a World Cup, which they've never done before..

2j5kxld.jpg

1 minute ago, Quaker2001 said:

That's hilarious that Arena thinks he can accomplish something the U.S. has never done before.  Maybe Canada can aspire to do the same thing and score a single goal in a World Cup, which they've never done before..

2j5kxld.jpg

Lol! I'm capable of admitting that we aren't winning the world cup in my lifetime. The 2000 Gold Cup was the peak of the program where we won it by beating Mexico and Columbia.

Unfortunately we've been all in hockey the entire time up until recently.

As for Arena, I like his optimism 

19 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Lol! I'm capable of admitting that we aren't winning the world cup in my lifetime. The 2000 Gold Cup was the peak of the program where we won it by beating Mexico and Columbia.

Unfortunately we've been all in hockey the entire time up until recently.

As for Arena, I like his optimism 

I said it in 2010 that there's something to be said about a nice long lead-up to a World Cup, especially in a country like the United States that could use it for a stronger grass roots effort to find players for that home soil World Cup.  Yea, we're not winning anything in 2026, but if you're soccer playing teenager in the US right now, that's a great thing to set your sights on 9 years from now (assuming it happens)

4 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

I said it in 2010 that there's something to be said about a nice long lead-up to a World Cup, especially in a country like the United States that could use it for a stronger grass roots effort to find players for that home soil World Cup.  Yea, we're not winning anything in 2026, but if you're soccer playing teenager in the US right now, that's a great thing to set your sights on 9 years from now (assuming it happens)

Being in the world cup alone is everything for a footballer. Messi and Ronaldo haven't won it either.

I think the US national team peaked in 2014 in Brazil. That's the best team we'll see for a long time...I think

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

USA winning the World Cup admittedly but not be likely, but its not out of the realm of possibility either.

It is. I saw them play during Copa America. They are far from Argentina's league, nor Columbia level either.

Until they dominate CONCACAF decisively, it won't happen.

And no, not happening within the next 9 years

23 minutes ago, Ansem said:

It is. I saw them play during Copa America. They are far from Argentina's league, nor Columbia level either.

Leicester City.

I understand a United States win at the World Cup would be something on that level, and I agree Arena probably doesn't actually believe he's winning the World Cup.  But again, if there's a teenager out there who sees that, perhaps there's a little motivation to stick with soccer and aspire to play in a World Cup on US soil.

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

Is this like your saying Canada will be the Sole Host of WC 2026?   

Lionel Messi and Reynaldo can be bought!!;)