FIFA WC USA-Mexico-Canada 2026

Kenadian

Me sarcastic? Never.

Lol. I am nominating Canada. Reasons for this is that Football is growing in popularity, many venues (yes need renovation) but are in place, haven't hosted yet. The only bad thing is they have never qualified for a World Cup before but neither did Qatar.

Canada played WC 86 in Mexico actually. And again, Qatar's election had nothing to do with any kind of sports criteria, unless you consider corruption a sport (then of course FIFA excels in it).

I literally tell lots of naive people every day that Qatar brought World Cup. I 100 per cent agree with you. And yes you are correct Canada did play WC 86 in Mexico.

Nauru before it disappears from the face of the earth!!

Nauru once had a lively Phosphate industry. A skyscraper called Nauru House is in Melbourne and was built in the 90's by the Nauru government. There was once a lively detention centre for asylum seekers during the mid 2000's.

Perhaps that's the answer to their accommodation problem? :P

As it sits now, bidding for WC2026 is likely the best shot Canada will ever have at hosting the World Cup. All the other really great WC options are either not allowed to bid under current rules, too burned by the Qatari sun to try again, or just plain p!ssed off at FIFA.

There have been a lot of new stadiums or reconstructed ones of late.

But even if Canada wins the bid and then gets knocked out early, it doesn't matter so much. We have so many ex-pats, immigrants and first generation Canadians in our big cities that they'd likely be cheering just as loudly (if not more so) for Brazil, England, Croatia or Korea. The seats will be filled. Even in Regina.

I don't doubt that Qataris are utterly and absolutely football crazy. Their bid was f*cking crazy. Their victory was f*cking crazy. And FIFA was f*cking crazy to pick them.

And if something crazy happened to their economy between now and 2022, we'll just see how crazy the 1.75 million residents there who aren't citizens would be at scoring a ticket out of town.

Not Europe? Ah, so it's the last 2 confeds that can't bid. So that leaves Oceania (NZ, unlikely, although they have had loads of FIFA events & the RWC, so they could technically do it), Africa (Morocco maybe?), S America (Argentina? Only 12 years after Brazil, so it probably isn't their turn), & N America (Mexico maybe, US, only 32 years after 94 so is that long enough? Remember countries like Brazil on 64 years or England who would have waited 60 years in 2026. And Canada, who are looking increasingly good as I think through this, a great Women's WC in 2015 could make them favourites)

Not Europe? Ah, so it's the last 2 confeds that can't bid. So that leaves Oceania (NZ, unlikely, although they have had loads of FIFA events & the RWC, so they could technically do it), Africa (Morocco maybe?), S America (Argentina? Only 12 years after Brazil, so it probably isn't their turn), & N America (Mexico maybe, US, only 32 years after 94 so is that long enough? Remember countries like Brazil on 64 years or England who would have waited 60 years in 2026. And Canada, who are looking increasingly good as I think through this, a great Women's WC in 2015 could make them favourites)

Europe and Asia cannot Bid as Fifa's Rotational policy claims that Confederations that have hosted the previous 2 Fifa World Cups (Russia 2018 (Europe), Qatar 2022 (Asia)) cannot bid so European Nations can Bid for 2030 and Asian Nations Bid for 2034. I think Canada should host it, because Usa (Once), and Mexico (Twice). have already Hosted it and Canada hasn't. Morocco would also be a Good Bid as by then Africa wouldn't of Hosted it in 16 Years and it would only be the 2nd Time the African Confederation would Host it.

Morocco as a Northern African nation and a four-time loser would be a good choice and probably the only realistic alternative for Concacaf IF another Arabic country wasn't hosting only four years earlier.

I don't think Arabic Country would affect a Bid from Morocco because Qatar is AFC and Morocco is CAF, Angola could also host but would have to Build more Stadiums.

I'm pretty sure by the time bidding for 2026 becomes concrete, FIFA will skip the blocking of the most recent hosting confeds and allow European bids, so that 2030 will be all clear for centennial WC in Uruguay and possibly Argentina.

Possibly.

i dont think that Argentina can afford the construction of 6-7 new stadiums

I'm not sure on that, I will have to take your word for it but if that is the case, then South America I recon Chile and maybe Peru could host it.

Argentina-Uruguay is FIFA's sentimental fav bid for 2030... Dunno how they will handle it...

Argentina only has 1 Stadium up to Standards.

While the idea of returning to Montevideo is charming (because the first World Cup was essentially the Montevideo World Cup), I think too much emphasis is put on the 2030 Argentina-Uruguay Centennial bid. In the end, these anniversaries are not all that important. Personally, I'd favour the 2030 World Cup in England. Hopefully by that time, FIFA will have cleaned up its act and learned its lesson - although it may take an exhausting run through Qatar to do that.

While the idea of returning to Montevideo is charming (because the first World Cup was essentially the Montevideo World Cup), I think too much emphasis is put on the 2030 Argentina-Uruguay Centennial bid. In the end, these anniversaries are not all that important. Personally, I'd favour the 2030 World Cup in England. Hopefully by that time, FIFA will have cleaned up its act and learned its lesson - although it may take an exhausting run through Qatar to do that.

Thank You. My England should get it. :D