LIVE Presentations and Vote Discussion

GBModerator

I always be stunned by the fact some people change their vote between two rounds.

If i was Fifa/IOC member i would choose a country or a city and vote for it until it is elimated from the vote.

What's the point to vote for Qatar, then Korea & Qatar again?

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always be stunned by the fact some people change their vote between two rounds.

If i was Fifa/IOC member i would choose a country or a city and vote for it until it is elimated from the vote.

to try to eliminate competition for your real choice.

complete resuls. utterly disgusting!

2018 FIFA World Cup™

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes (as no absolute majority was reached, the candidate with least amount of votes, England, was eliminated)

Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 13 votes (Russia obtained an absolute majority)

2022 FIFA World Cup™

Round 1: Australia 1 vote, Japan 3 votes, Korea Republic 4 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 3 votes (Australia eliminated)

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 10 votes and USA 5 votes (Japan eliminated)

Round 3: Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 6 votes (Korea Republic eliminated)

Round 4: Qatar 14 votes and USA 8 votes (Qatar obtained an absolute majority)

1 lousy vote?!! Fecking hell...

Considering that the two most powerful men in FIFA after Septic Blather with a direct link to the 2022 vote are Bin Hamman and Chung Mong-Joon it's no surprise they split the vote amongst the Asian bids the way they wanted, and then swept it all up against the US. As always not what you know but who you know (as well as their bank account numbers).

Well, he checked his iPhone. There was a fluctuation on his bank balance. That's why he flip-flopped. Those iPhones are marvelous!!

to try to eliminate competition for your real choice.

Yeah, but you need to be sure your favorite is going to survive round 1, which is with only 22 people voting on a secret ballot not that easy to be sure of.

And after that people with so few voters will obviously see there was a strange change and you and Fifa will look ridiculous.

:( I liked the Kangaroo .. This didn't help, but the Russian jewels did ..

Not any anglosaxon country .. only the US, but still .. the Turkish fans are very very mad

Because in this case Turkey can't bid in 2026 and 2030 .. whole the same time-zone Region is fucked-up.

The earliest year will than be 2034 ..

Look it from the bright-side folx .. 2026 goes to the Aussies .. and 2030 Again to the US .. and everything will be cleaned up ..

England is a pitty .. really the best presentation came from PM David Cameron .. he was fantastic .. I will remember me that !!

Congratulations to the Human touch of Qatar's promotion video's ..

We will remember us the imgae of the day (yesterday) posted here on GB ..

katar2022logo4.jpg

bai bai fifa .. welcome Qatar and Russia

TWO votes for England and one of those from an Englishman! FIFA didn't just want to pass on England for 2018 they wanted to stick both hob-nailed boots in and beat us to a bloody pulp! To humiliate us in this way can only be the much-expected payback for all the recent corruption attacks on FIFA by the British media and the BBC! :(

Well,the many England-haters on here will no doubt be having a good,hearty laugh at our expense along with FIFA today.It's certainly a good day for them and no doubt they'll be getting much enjoyable mileage out of this for a long time to come.Have fun chaps!

On a more sober note,England's relationship with FIFA is now in complete tatters,even worse than the USOC's well-known fraught relationship with the IOC.It's very difficult to see how the relationship can be rebuilt anytime soon unless FIFA cleans out its Augean Stables or England just bows to the inevitable,kicks the moral crusading into touch and get down and dirty with the rest of 'em!

Neither seems likely to occur in the forseeable future!! :blink:

Also, its not like the failed USA bid will render the stadiums useless....that's one of the main benefits of a USA World Cup bid, in that the stadium will not be white elephants, regardless of the outcome.

Besides, with Asia (which includes Australia) and Europe out of the 2026 race. It is an open road for you. Only Africa, Oceania and the Americas could put a bid forward. I don't see anyone that could face you.

Of course I wish to offer my sincere congratulations to Russia (despite the recent spate of nasty comments and bad-mouthing against England from various Russian sporting officials). Russia is one of the most obvious new frontiers for FIFA to go to and I can understand and respect why the Russian bid appealed to them for this reason.I'm sure Russia will be a great host and put on a good show come 2018! B)

One little quibble though.When I watched the news coverage from the various bidding countries,I didn't see any excited crowds of football fans gathered to hear the announcement anywhere except in various English cities (London,Birmingham,Manchester,Milton Keynes).The BBC commentators in various places said that news about today's vote received very little coverage on either Russian TV or Spanish TV for that matter.Where was the interest/the excitement? I only witnessed any enthusiam from the English crowds and they were the ones who were to get so brutally shafted!

Re 2022; how and why FIFA would prefer to go to Qatar as a new frontier rather than somewhere like Australia which is steadily building its football tradition just leaves me stupefied!! :blink:

Well I am happy that Pentagram will not be awarded the opportunity to develop the US World Cup graphics. The bid graphics were very nice but I just can't stand the egos over there.

If they were really that great I would have expected a lot more for the final presentation.

let the athlete poaching by qatar begin! so how many of the execomm members were promised luxury shopping, premium class airfare (qatar airways no longer offers first class on most of their planes) and presidential suites at their best hotels?

Having had a couple of hours to properly stew over what has been a quite extraordinary afternoon, I think it's now time to share my considered thoughts.

FIFA has today proved itself incapable of running a piss-up in a brewery, never mind the biggest sport in the world.

To me, it is quite clear that FIFA have not voted on the basis of the bids today. The results are so unbelievable, so lacking in reason, logic or justice, as to make them an utter farce. With both its votes today, FIFA has lost any last shred of credibility it may have had.

In my opinion Qatar had the best graphics, and most glamorous bid, so cheers for the superficial. I felt their stadium air conditioning being green was a bunch of bull, it'll probably work to a degree but will leave a huge amount of pollution/waist.......whatever..if you believed differently you are probably one of the Emir's wives. But now I'm thinking about the misery of traveling around in 110-115-120+ degree temperatures. I spend time lots of time in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Palm Springs and I can tell you it is very difficult to be outside doing anything in summer. The heat becomes a huge burden if you have anything to do but lay at the pool (and then you better have a deep base tan and lots of sunscreen). I can not imagine trying to navigate my way around Qatar between venues and parties in that heat. If you have a car service to follow you around that's one thing, but if anyone has to be outside for any length of time it really becomes a burden.

I hope for the athletes the "air conditioning" will be sufficient.

the election especially of qatar 2022 have clearly vindicated earlier reports regarding a possible vote swaps by the voting members. also begs the question, did FIFA even consider the post games use of these stadiums once the 5 week circus is over? i doubt they did since blatter and his cronies only cares about money and not the sport. jules rimet is rolling in his grave.

qatar has 12 years to prepare, so anything can happen. i wonder "if" it happens who will fifa approach amongst the shafted bidders? and will they be willing at all?

Actually I don't mind Russia and Khatarh....so long as they set aside at least $50 mil for Ceremonies...which I think they probably will.

In my opinion Qatar had the best graphics, and most glamorous bid, so cheers for the superficial. I felt their stadium air conditioning being green was a bunch of bull, it'll probably work to a degree but will leave a huge amount of pollution/waist.......whatever..if you believed differently you are probably one of the Emir's wives. But now I'm thinking about the misery of traveling around in 110-115-120+ degree temperatures. I spend time lots of time in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Palm Springs and I can tell you it is very difficult to be outside doing anything in summer. The heat becomes a huge burden if you have anything to do but lay at the pool (and then you better have a deep base tan and lots of sunscreen). I can not imagine trying to navigate my way around Qatar between venues and parties in that heat. If you have a car service to follow you around that's one thing, but if anyone has to be outside for any length of time it really becomes a burden.

I hope for the athletes the "air conditioning" will be sufficient.

#1 - you don't have to go.

#2 - you can wear what the locals wear

#3 - there will probably be "personal assistants" availalbe for hire to fan you and mop your sweat!!

Actually I don't mind Russia and Khatarh....so long as they set aside at least $50 mil for Ceremonies...which I think they probably will.

#1 - you don't have to go.

#2 - you can wear what the locals wear

#3 - there will probably be "personal assistants" availalbe for hire to fan you and mop your sweat!!

#3 are probably the leftover slave labor form the stadium build, they will need something to do before the big dismantle.....good point, I'll get my ticket.

Step forward Boris Johnson:

“If one of the results of what has happened today is that we proceed to a closer examination of how these decisions are taken, at how World Cups that are worth billions of pounds are awarded around the world, I don't think that would be a bad thing," he said.

“This [the World Cup] is a great, great world institution. I think what President Blatter had to say about the importance of football is absolutely right, I think that people will now wonder if the conclave of the oligarchy that decides where the World Cup should go, I think people will think its days are now numbered in its current form.

“We have a free press in our country, I think it's one of the things that makes Britain great. The media shine a light on things that need to be exposed – then that's a fantastic thing,"

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/london-mayor-joins-criticism-fifa-process-world-cup-selection-1295411

Step forward Boris Johnson:

“If one of the results of what has happened today is that we proceed to a closer examination of how these decisions are taken, at how World Cups that are worth billions of pounds are awarded around the world, I don't think that would be a bad thing," he said.

“This [the World Cup] is a great, great world institution. I think what President Blatter had to say about the importance of football is absolutely right, I think that people will now wonder if the conclave of the oligarchy that decides where the World Cup should go, I think people will think its days are now numbered in its current form.”

“We have a free press in our country, I think it's one of the things that makes Britain great. The media shine a light on things that need to be exposed – then that's a fantastic thing,"

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/london-mayor-joins-criticism-fifa-process-world-cup-selection-1295411

All very noble and worthy from Boris the Unkempt however much like some other organisations that are a law unto themselves MaFIFA is beyond reform from within and can;t be reformed from without. What needs to happen is powerful sporting/football nations should start to think seriously about breaking away from MaFIFA's hold over the game and have their respective governments pull funding that is tied into programmes run by MaFIFA.

By the way isn't it a little incongruous that Septic Blather is the man who said that women footballers should show more skin to attract more fans, yet at the same time he is piloting the WC to a country where the burqa is a fashion and religious norm :blink:

Guest Jensen1981

2 votes for England. To be honest- that's sensational.

Yeah dude, even Holland/Belgium beated England.....by 2 votes no less :lol: . Here in Holland the media is referencing to that fact as well :P.

Archived