LIVE Presentations and Vote Discussion

GBModerator

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he says that qatar has 2 billion people within a 4 hour flight, their airport can handle 50 million people a year, visitors will not have to get on a plane again till they have to leave since qatar is so small, they're ready, there will be no problems in organizing it, they will learn from brazil 2014 and european hosts 2018

Ok, Qatar is seriously not going to try and piggypack on Iraq's conflict for pity votes?? They literally have nothing to do with it. I know several Iraqis kids who were in my city over the summer and they all are like obsessed with European football lol. Not Qatari football...

omg middle eastern sarah palin look alike!

despite being very much against Qatar's bid and also what i consider a gaffe using multiple languages when everyone understands English (but few understand French, Spanish and German); I think this has been a very good presentation and i thought that lady was convincing; very good speaker.

Well, it wasn't as astounding as the Daily Mail suggested it would be, but it was still pretty good ESPECIALLY when you consider this country has no real footballing history, has never qualified for a world cup, has very poor domestic attendences for its games etc etc. They really pushed their strengths well and whilst in parts it was bland (because they don't have the history) it made you forget for a while the ridiculousness of their ultra-compact plan and almost embrace their ideas.

Then we had that woman at the end almost demanding Qatar got it and the air was let out of the whole thing.

So I think 8/10.

Better than Australia's but not special enough to overcome the problems for Qatar. I have a feeling they really needed to WOW the audience to get ahead. I can see the US topping both of these to be fair.

Well, it wasn't as astounding as the Daily Mail suggested it would be, but it was still pretty good ESPECIALLY when you consider this country has no real footballing history, has never qualified for a world cup, has very poor domestic attendences for its games etc etc. They really pushed their strengths well and whilst in parts it was bland (because they don't have the history) it made you forget for a while the ridiculousness of their ultra-compact plan and almost embrace their ideas.

Then we had that woman at the end almost demanding Qatar got it and the air was let out of the whole thing.

So I think 8/10.

They hit all the touchposts they had to:

- the heat (of course salved over by dangling A/C stadia),

- the (in)security of the region (by having the WC bring it all together),

- giving away the stadia with the guestworkers (the Iraqi player)

- Israel (should Israel even qualify);

- and that (their) women are as modern and articulate as their counterparts anywhere.

Very slick and urbane for an aspiring, overnight nothing-but-Bedouin-camelherds-yesterday nation.

I would say that Qatar's presentation exceeded my expectations. I have a feeling the USA presentation will be a let down for me. Maybe I just don't want to be disappointed, so I am lowering my expectations...

I agree. Coming after Qatar's lofty presentation, I think the US...with everything already built...will appear as a letdown. But the 24-hour lapse will let reality sink in.

Archived