LIVE Presentations and Vote Discussion

GBModerator

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well not as polished as the presentation for Sydney 2000 back in 1993, however it was okay I guess. Stressed the usual iconic attractions and some of the most significant sporting identities and cultural aspects. The best aspects were seeing Frank Lowy's passion and the sheer solid nature of our capability to host the WC.

Here's hoping it helps...

Started off well, felt a little like they forgot their target audience with the cheesy cartoon kangeroo bit; not sure how that would have gone down really even though it was a interesting way of showing off the country.

From what I've seen of past World Cup presentations, they're generally not as slick or cinematic as the ones countries produce for Olympic bids...so lower your expectations a bit, I don't think it was a bad presentation in all honesty.

7/10

That was bloomin'fantastic .. I enjoyed the idea of the STOLEN CUP from the Swiss headquarters towards Sydney ..

hehe .. how Cathy Freeman and other well-known Aussies were integrated in this mini promo-moivie.

nice .. really nice ..

australia2022logo2.jpg

why does Australia always have to do things super daggy? i'm referring to the the last film. that was very cringe worthy from an Australian's perspective and i can't see how anyone can take us seriously.

when the video started with the kangaroo outside FIFA hq i thought they were going to make a joke about all the corruption allegations! probably best not to have gone down that path

Fox Sports in Australia gave it a thumbs up

We have already told them everything they needed to know - the bid will be remembered and the cartoon was a great idea - even for their target audience

At the end they will still remember the cartoon and think of fun thoughts about Australia.

Very smart!

Looking forward to see what Korea has prepared.

I'm certainly not looking forward to korea's bid; I imagine it will be boring unless they incorporate a video that showcases the wc as part of the celebrations for winning a nuclear war with the north. im staying up to see what qatar can possibly spruik other than money, money, money and muslims (first time).

I guess there will always be that division between how we see ourselves and how the rest of the world does. Hence whilst some of us (me included) were not quite impressed by the kangaroo bit nor seeing Paul Hogan, Elle McPherson crop up yet again, I guess the o/s market will find it new or more exciting.

However I just wonder why it is there wasn't the same spit and polish combined with a distinct Aussie cosmopolitan voice that was there back in Monaco 17 years ago. No Tanya Blencoe or Anita Keating equivalents which I think really helped us back in the Sydney presentation.

Oh well, fingers, legs, eyes and teeth crossed :D

Archived